He said my heart it was broken,

and now I don't know if I can trust,

every love that I have ever tried,

somehow it all turned into dust.

He said I'm living in the shadow

of a love that turned into stone,

and I sometimes think I would be better off,

livin' my whole life alone.

Oh heck, Polly's got another release! This is like the healthiest songwriting rivalry between us eh? 😉. Good it pushes us. This is excellent, I can tell you were inspired on this one. You've never sung with more gusto. Great song. That crescendo verse melody is delicious and there is no weak spot throughout the whole song. Very good, definitely my favourite of yours. I really do like this a lot.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sumonicky said:

Oh heck, Polly's got another release! This is like the healthiest songwriting rivalry between us eh? 😉. Good it pushes us. This is excellent, I can tell you were inspired on this one. You've never sung with more gusto. Great song. That crescendo verse melody is delicious and there is no weak spot throughout the whole song. Very good, definitely my favourite of yours. I really do like this a lot.

Thank you!! I noticed after I posted it how similar the title is to the one you posted recently. We seem to really like each other's songs! Good rivalry!

• Thanks 1

I love your stuff, now our main problem you could argue would be commercial appeal as it's quite niche but even that is debatable as I keep creating arty film scenes when I listen to your music, and mine too has a cinematic appeal. We're completely different though; I'm quite tight and blocky in my writing, whilst you're more wistful and free. I also write pop and electronic but have been stuck in goth and ballad styles lately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sumonicky said:

I love your stuff, now our main problem you could argue would be commercial appeal as it's quite niche but even that is debatable as I keep creating arty film scenes when I listen to your music, and mine too has a cinematic appeal. We're completely different though; I'm quite tight and blocky in my writing, whilst you're more wistful and free. I also write pop and electronic but have been stuck in goth and ballad styles lately.

We're different but we like each other's styles. I am more into traditional and country, which has the least commercial appeal of all, especially since I live in the northeast. But I am so glad you like it, makes me want to keep going! Well, even if no one ever liked my songs I would keep writing them. But it's so great that we can appreciate each other's work.

• Thanks 1