Sign in to follow this  
Chad

Anyone heard of this guy? (Neal James)

Has anyone heard of this guy or know anything about him? Neal James. http://nealjames.com/

The only thing I can find about him on the internet is his own web page.

Thanks

Chad

Not me. But the list of people that I have never heard of is pretty long.

Why are you asking?

There is a guy here (occasionally) who would know.

Mark wotsit (sorry Mark) - forgotten his name - is a veteran of the Nashville music scene.

He'd know the story. 

Where is he when he's needed?

If we could recall his name we could send him a PM and ask.

But I, too, am interested in your purpose.

He sent me a letter with his business card. He said he heard one of my songs that I submitted. He described the song and the vocalist who sang it accurately. The problem is I don't remember sending a demo to him. I keep a list of all the publishers I send demos to and the date I sent them.  He told me to call him.

thanks

Chad 

I'd be sceptical (yes, that;s the UK spelling!). There are a lot of people out there looking to make money out of songwriters. Most successful songwriters won't even listen to submissions in case they are accused of plagiarism. Just ask yourself, "What's in it for him?" and don't buy any hype.

That's my advice, anyway.

• Like 1

I second that. There's an incredible amount of people without much experience out there selling experience. It seems to be piggy-backing the business model of writing How-To books before really doing much yourself. So a guy writes a How-To, and in there he tells you that to make money you should also write a How-To, and there we go... 

But, eh, who knows, I guess... 

I am skeptical,  With his credentials he lists on his web page, and the number of years he has been around, I would think he would be all over the internet or at least on Wikipedia. I'm just a little perplexed about how he got a hold of one of my songs when I didn't send it to him. I appreciate the feedback, you helped re enforce what I already suspect.

thanks

Chad

2 hours ago, Chad said:

He told me to call him.

So call him already and find out what's going on from the horse's mouth.

• Like 1

Yeah. Call him up. It should be very obvious if he’s legit or not. 

yeah I will probably call him, just to see whats going on.

Someone could have passed your song on to him.  He could easily not remember where he got it.  He (over) sells himself as one of the most successful producers in the business-  clearly he's not.  But he may have something to offer anyway.  I did  a BBB search of him-- nothing.   Hear him out, by all means.  I'm curious. 

I didn't even think about doing a BBB search, thanks for checking.  Yeah I will give him a call this week, I'll post here what comes of it.

thanks all.

Chad