Posted (edited)

*8/18/18 - The first video listed is the newly revised version. 

Additional editing, remix, remaster of the audio & several cosmetic changes to the original video.

The original version has been reclassified to "unlisted", but is available below for anyone interested in a comparison.

From the video liner notes...

**Fair Warning...content IS political in nature** You'll find NO ads on this video...strictly a non-profit creative effort.

- Sound effects compliments of www.zapsplat.com

- All photos/video "Public Domain" (unrestricted use)...I was VERY careful, for obvious reasons.

Copyright 2018 (song, performance & video) - Tom Hoffman

- Original version...

Edited by tunesmithth
Altered original post to accomidate revised version of previously posted work

Hi Tom,

Good social/political commentary in the video here with the words and images filling in/aiding our imagination of the message - which, needs to be said!

Quite a few black pages with text only - they certainly concentrate attention well on the lyrics and message. May be worth having some appropriate faint 

background pictures for those sections just to complement the message there as well?

Good job all round :)

Andy

• Thanks 1

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 04:03, AndyLeF said:

with the words and images filling in/aiding our imagination of the message

Much appreciated Andy, that's exactly what I was going-for ! 👍

Some of the lyrics are open to interpretation...good to hear that the video format helped.

Thanks again!

Tom

"All aboard the Trump train!" and the whistle blows toot toot lolol

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

A steam engine whistle to be exact, traditionally powered by wood or coal.

Seemed an appropriate touch :rolleyes:

Tom

*BTW I hated to pull this from the July contest, but given my current circumstances, it was the best. 

Edited by tunesmithth
added BTW
  • Like 1

I'll spare you the labor pains & give ya' the baby... both July & August were much more demanding than originally anticipated.

As things turned out, I had neither the time nor the patience to be a proper participant.

Perhaps next time.

Tom

Since we're now approaching the end of week 4...post-knee-replacement-surgery for my wife, I managed to cobbler together a few hours for audio & video revisions on this project.

Over the last month, I've come up with a laundry list of things I wished I'd done differently & this was chance to address them.

Additional editing was done on the audio, followed by complete remix & remastering...several changes were made to the video format.

The revised version was uploaded a few hours ago & with any luck, It'll be the final. ;) (I can always hope, can't I? LOL)

Tom