Sign in to follow this  
texvirgo

puppet (original song)

you might be surprised but i dont have any friends im just a decoration u might be surprised but i dont have any parents one died the other just neglected u might be surprised but i dont have any soul in the wind freely it blows u might be surprised but i dont have any words im just a puppet (skat bla bla) truth is this is just a cruel joke dont believe what i say im so lonely so ill write this down thinkin im the only one but honestly its just self pity i should be thankful piggy piggy keep in ur cage if u dont we'll eat you jesus sacrifaced himself for u u should be thankful you might be surprised x3

• Like 1

You really have something. Please keep going. :)

That something you have is called potential. I definitely wouldn’t say you’re there yet. But I can hear and see it. Your voice has the perfect tone for this style of music. I’m assuming you’re somewhat of a beginner? I apologize if I’m wrong. But I believe the only thing you’re missing is experience.

Sometimes riding the same three chords in a song can work. There are plenty of hit songs using only 3. However, using those same 3 chords without changing the way you play them can definitely make a song hard on the ears. 

Here are my thoughts on how you could improve this song and recording/video immediately. Even as a beginner. (I do a lot of live phone videos like this) During the verse sections you can palm mute your strings with your picking hand for a tighter, quieter sound. Still letting the softer vocals stand just above the guitar volume. Just slightly rest the palm of your picking hand on the strings as you play. When you hit the chorus section open up the chords almost as you played them here. Maybe even a bit more. If that makes sense. This should also be where you bring your singing up to match the more open guitar chords. Still keeping your voice just above the guitar volume. 

I’d play around with getting a better recording sound. Your current videos quality can easily be improved. Find a quiet spot. No AC or heaters running. That hiss noise in your current video was very unpleasant. Try eliminating that as best you can. I usually record videos when nobody else is home. Play clean and sing clearly.  Aiming your voice and guitar directly towards the camera. 

• Like 1

On 11/07/2018 at 15:06, Onewholovesrock said:

That something you have is called potential. I definitely wouldn’t say you’re there yet. But I can hear and see it. Your voice has the perfect tone for this style of music. I’m assuming you’re somewhat of a beginner? I apologize if I’m wrong. But I believe the only thing you’re missing is experience.

Sometimes riding the same three chords in a song can work. There are plenty of hit songs using only 3. However, using those same 3 chords without changing the way you play them can definitely make a song hard on the ears. 

Here are my thoughts on how you could improve this song and recording/video immediately. Even as a beginner. (I do a lot of live phone videos like this) During the verse sections you can palm mute your strings with your picking hand for a tighter, quieter sound. Still letting the softer vocals stand just above the guitar volume. Just slightly rest the palm of your picking hand on the strings as you play. When you hit the chorus section open up the chords almost as you played them here. Maybe even a bit more. If that makes sense. This should also be where you bring your singing up to match the more open guitar chords. Still keeping your voice just above the guitar volume. 

I’d play around with getting a better recording sound. Your current videos quality can easily be improved. Find a quiet spot. No AC or heaters running. That hiss noise in your current video was very unpleasant. Try eliminating that as best you can. I usually record videos when nobody else is home. Play clean and sing clearly.  Aiming your voice and guitar directly towards the camera. 

thanks for the advice. :)

On 11/07/2018 at 13:22, Moso said:

You really have something. Please keep going. :)

of course!!!