Sign in to follow this  
Barneyboy

Is there a North Korean deal

President Trump and Chairman Un just signed what the President described as a historic document.  Can this be the start of the de-nuclearization of the Korean peninsula?  Can't wait for the morning to find out. 

Early days, I think. It's a deal to keep talking from what I can tell with little detail. The de-nuclearisation is nothing new and had already been agreed with S Korea. No talk of verification or anything yet and the devil is always in the details.

HOWEVER - it's a start (and that should be welcome). A long way to go yet, though. 

• Like 1

It's far to soon to know if this will amount to anything or not. If reports are accurate that the current sanctions are really hurting NK-to the point where they couldn't even afford their hotel bill- then maybe this Kim will deal. 

If he deals he has the chance to transform NK into a modern prosperous country-- but only he knows what his true intensions are at this point. 

My guess?  I think he's sick of being regarded as the world's biggest (or second biggest) asshole, and he sees no viable alternative than to abandon  old policies that makes NK a pariah. I think Kim is rational and wants a better NK. Trump is offering that. 

I think it's interesting that Denns Rodman says Kim wanted to do this five years ago but Obama blew Rodman off when he tried to pass along the message. 

Having seen more of what was signed, I think North Korea will be very happy. The US - maybe less so.

BUT - it's a start -and maybe it can go on to much better things. Time will tell.

7 hours ago, kuya said:

I think it's interesting that Denns Rodman says Kim wanted to do this five years ago but Obama blew Rodman off when he tried to pass along the message. 

I’m not sure why the President of the United States would be or should be interested in anything Dennis Rodman had to say. 

11 hours ago, Barneyboy said:

President Trump and Chairman Un just signed what the President described as a historic document.  Can this be the start of the de-nuclearization of the Korean peninsula?  Can't wait for the morning to find out. 

I doubt that we're going to find out that fast - but it's a positive step forward to be talking instead of bombing.

3 hours ago, Onewholovesrock said:

I’m not sure why the President of the United States would be or should be interested in anything Dennis Rodman had to say. 

I can understand the thought as Rodman is a celebrity basketball player, but he is friends with both President Trump and Kim Jong - Un.  You don't think having that friend in common is a positive for both sides in the process?  Could be a potential bridge.  Establishing commonality of some sort beyond mutual interest could be very useful and aid in continued ice breaking and negotiations.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spanishbuddha said:

I can understand the thought as Rodman is a celebrity basketball player, but he is friends with both President Trump and Kim Jong - Un.  You don't think having that friend in common is a positive for both sides in the process?  Could be a potential bridge.  Establishing commonality of some sort beyond mutual interest could be very useful and aid in continued ice breaking and negotiations.  

I heard Manson was a fan of the Kims and Trump (at least pre-prez Trump, don't know his opinion of post-prez). That would have been one heck of a friendship bridge. Maybe they could have all gone out for cocktails and tattoos. 

I remember Rodman getting famous by yelling at people, getting into fights, piercing the shit out of his face, coloring his hair and wearing dresses. Once that wore off, he started dating mass-murdering dictators. He's certainly no Manson, but I guess at least the two have a bosom buddy. Isn't it nice that Trump is getting along with someone? They should make their own G#, like the R4 or something like that -- Kim, Putin, Xi, and Trump. That'll show the "free" world. Kid Rock, Nugent, and West could be opening entertainment. Rodman could circle them in his dress, shooting hoops while clam-baking the meeting area. 

• Haha 1

He just wants to feel pretty!!

620x413x121.jpg.pagespeed.ic.l99IW75eeJ.jpg

dennis-rodman-dresses-in-drag-in-a-tight-dress-makeup-and-wig-with-K0B1F1.jpg

Why the heck isn't anyone taking him seriously?

6fdff1c7cd85a71143c05c6df14b5b60--dennis-rodman-basketball-players.jpg

• Haha 1

As crazy as it may sound. Rodman could be useful. :lol:   Would certainly liven the place up and make the experience for all a little less stiff, although I think both the President and Kim both could liven a place up and make it less stiff or less formal.  Potentially! ;)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Moso said:

สวย      

14 minutes ago, spanishbuddha said:

As crazy as it may sound. Rodman could be useful. :lol:   Would certainly liven the place up and make the experience for all a little less stiff, although I think both the President and Kim both could liven a place up and make it less stiff or less formal.  Potentially! ;)

Heck yeah. I certainly don't feel stiff looking at those photos... 

Love your word choices there, heh. Now all I can see is sofas and Kim turning down the lights saying they should all make themselves more comfortable... 

EDIT: 

สวย -- Do you mean like Hel--lo~~~! Or the seductive, why hello.... kiss kiss? 
My Thai's crap anyway. だけど日本語喋れるもんなら・・・

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Moso said:

Heck yeah. I certainly don't feel stiff looking at those photos... 

Love your word choices there, heh. Now all I can see is sofas and Kim turning down the lights saying they should all make themselves more comfortable... 

EDIT: 

สวย -- Do you mean like Hel--lo~~~! Or the seductive, why hello.... kiss kiss? 
My Thai's crap anyway. だけど日本語喋れるもんなる・・・

Soy ma is how it would look in English. It means beautiful. I meant it sarcastically but wait :ph34r: I don't  think sarcasm is a part of the Thai vocabulary at least in the delivery.   :D

Edited by spanishbuddha

Just now, spanishbuddha said:

Soy ma is how it would look in English. It means beautiful. I meant it sarcastically but wait :ph34r: I don't sarcasm is a part of the Thai vocabulary.  

Oh yeah, I totally messed that one up. Like I said, my Thai's crap. I had a guy trying to talk to me in it the other day, a dude in TX mind you, and I just said kráp, kráp, kráp after everything he said. 😂 Seemed to work out okay. He was happy! 

1 hour ago, Moso said:

I heard Manson was a fan of the Kims and Trump (at least pre-prez Trump, don't know his opinion of post-prez). That would have been one heck of a friendship bridge. Maybe they could have all gone out for cocktails and tattoos. 

I remember Rodman getting famous by yelling at people, getting into fights, piercing the shit out of his face, coloring his hair and wearing dresses. Once that wore off, he started dating mass-murdering dictators. He's certainly no Manson, but I guess at least the two have a bosom buddy. Isn't it nice that Trump is getting along with someone? They should make their own G#, like the R4 or something like that -- Kim, Putin, Xi, and Trump. That'll show the "free" world. Kid Rock, Nugent, and West could be opening entertainment. Rodman could circle them in his dress, shooting hoops while clam-baking the meeting area. 

My what a hateful person you are.  Can't get yourself to even say anything nice about this historic event.  Oh, well, who cares what you think - least of all Dennis Rodman. 

1 hour ago, Moso said:

Why the heck isn't anyone taking him seriously?

Am I detecting some intolerance here? Perhaps homophobia? So if Rodman wants to crossdress occasionally that means it's ok for some of us to dismiss him or take him less seriously?  I thought we had all gotten past the anti-LGBT mindset that made it ok to discriminate against people?  Which is it folks? Is everybody equal or is it still ok to ridicule certain people for the way they express their sexuality? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kuya said:

Am I detecting some intolerance here? Perhaps homophobia? So if Rodman wants to crossdress occasionally that means it's ok for some of us to dismiss him or take him less seriously?  I thought we had all gotten past the anti-LGBT mindset that made it ok to discriminate against people?  Which is it folks? Is everybody equal or is it still ok to ridicule certain people for the way they express their sexuality? 

Is Rodman gay? I thought he was just a cross-dresser. 
The Rodman topic was that of why don't people listen to him / take him seriously. I'm guessing it's due to his actions and general chaotic/unstable character. 

Just now, Moso said:

Is Rodman gay? I thought he was just a cross-dresser. 

Does it matter?

17 minutes ago, spanishbuddha said:

Does it matter?

Heck no, I don't care. But kuya was trying to twist this into an LBQT attack. Very, very dirty, that old man.... 🤧

Look, Rodman can be you guys' role model if you want. You can put him up on an international-politician pedestal if you like, and praise him for hanging out with the Kims. But there is a very obvious and simple reason why anyone with any sense is very cautious about taking him seriously. That's what this spiel has been about, which I think was obvious. It absolutely should have been obvious, but perhaps I made a judgement error. I've been hanging out with doctors and top students for the past month plus. You know there is this one Asian woman who keeps nailing everything! I mean nothing gets past her - 100% all the way! She's friggin' incredible. And the kicker is that she barely even glances at the material. Amazing. Okay, yeah, tangent. Umm... yeah, you guys can believe what you want. It's cool. I'll still make jokes. 'Cause honestly, it's hard to take a lot of these comments seriously. Oh yeah. 

Speaking of which, did you guys not like the pictures? There are actually some way cooler ones on the 'Net, but I didn't want to flood this thread. Of course, the repetition is kinda funny. 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

My what a hateful person you are.  Can't get yourself to even say anything nice about this historic event.  Oh, well, who cares what you think - least of all Dennis Rodman. 

B-Boy! What the heck are you doing? Why are you wasting your time here? You should totally be working for The Man! Get off your forum-trolling bum and get a job in the Administration! You've totally got the brains and the character for it. You are what they want - full stop! 

Go-go-go-go-go!!!

• Like 1

Where's a vocaloid when we need one? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spanishbuddha said:

I can understand the thought as Rodman is a celebrity basketball player, but he is friends with both President Trump and Kim Jong - Un.  You don't think having that friend in common is a positive for both sides in the process?  

Fuck no! Why would anyone think that? 

In the spirit of keeping this discussion "Real World" guys :rolleyes:, this historic event does have its' share of legitimate dissenters.

SINGAPORE — In a day of personal diplomacy that began with a choreographed handshake and ended with a freewheeling news conference, President Trump deepened his wager on North Korea’s leader on Tuesday, arguing that their rapport would bring the swift demise of that country’s nuclear program.

Mr. Trump, acting more salesman than statesman, used flattery, cajolery and even a slickly produced promotional video to try to make the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, a partner in peace. He also gave Mr. Kim a significant concession: no more military drills between the United States and South Korea, a change that surprised South Korea and the Pentagon.

Source - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/world/asia/north-korea-summit.html

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump made a stunning concession to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday about halting military exercises, pulling a surprise at a summit that baffled allies, military officials and lawmakers from his own Republican Party.

Source - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa/trump-in-surprise-summit-move-says-he-will-halt-korea-war-games-idUSKBN1J821H

Kim had a great summit. And he didn't even need to give anything away

Source - https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/asia/kim-trump-success-for-north-korea-intl/index.html

THE SINGAPORE SUMMIT was, without question, a triumph for Kim Jong Un and his North Korean regime. A dictator who has ordered the murder of his own family members, and who oversees a gulag comparable to those of Hitler and Stalin, was able to parade on the global stage as a legitimate statesman, praised by the president of the United States as “very talented” and worthy of trust. President Trump offered Mr. Kim a major concession, the suspension of U.S. military exercises with South Korea, and spoke of his wish to withdraw U.S. troops from the country. Mr. Kim, meanwhile, did not commit to the “complete, verifiable and irreversible” denuclearization the United States has demanded — nor to any other change in his regime’s criminal behavior.

Source - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/the-singapore-summit-was-a-victory-for-kim-jong-un/2018/06/12/3731e970-6e44-11e8-bd50-b80389a4e569_story.html?utm_term=.895a13937990

4 minutes ago, Onewholovesrock said:

Fuck no! Why would anyone think that? 

OK. I guess I'm alone on that thought.  :P

• Like 1

When Moso posted 3 photos of Rodman crossdressing and captioned it "Why the heck isn't anyone takng him seriously?" the implication was clearly that the crossdressing  was what prevented Rodman from being taken seriously. That is why I called you out on it Moso. Some of our forum members may feel disrespected, and I doubt that was your intent. 

And I know you were only joking Moso, and I got the joke because I can remember 30 or 35 years ago Sports Illustrated did a story on Rodman where his gf at the time was greatly concerned that he was so unstable she thought he might kill himself. 

I'm not aware that anyone puts Rodman up on a pedestal. He's already the tallest guy in the room.

But you would think that after any American met with Kim in the past he would have been routinely debriefed by our American government and or military.  So why Obama was so disinterested is baffling. 

I think Rodman in his own way was and is trying to do something good here. Before Nixon went to China we sent table tennis teams there as a goodwill gesture. I had a teeshirt at the time that said "Peace Paddle Power"  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moso said:

B-Boy! What the heck are you doing? Why are you wasting your time here? You should totally be working for The Man! Get off your forum-trolling bum and get a job in the Administration! You've totally got the brains and the character for it. You are what they want - full stop! 

Go-go-go-go-go!!!

Speaking of trolls maybe you should check out who started this thread.

47 minutes ago, kuya said:

When Moso posted 3 photos of Rodman crossdressing and captioned it "Why the heck isn't anyone takng him seriously?" the implication was clearly that the crossdressing  was what prevented Rodman from being taken seriously.         

zzzzzzzzzzz

False.

I said, "I remember Rodman getting famous by yelling at people, getting into fights, piercing the shit out of his face, coloring his hair and wearing dresses. Once that wore off, he started dating mass-murdering dictators." And then I put up photos that included Rodman dressing like a slutty teenage girl and looking like he's trying to marry himself. All of which was to support the basic knowledge that he is an unstable character, as you yourself have said. (The question on the table was, "Why don't Presidents take Dennis Rodman seriously?") 

Now at the moment you seem to be acting a little bit reasonable in this tangent/false narrative, when before your argument was so exaggerated I thought for sure you were just being dumb to try to mess around with me. You were, right? It's hard to tell in these forums sometimes which way the sincerity lay.

Out of curiosity, do you think that there were no military or political personnel who met with Rodman at any time regarding his forays into the living chambers of our friendly neighborhood mass-murderer? Actually, nm, don't answer. 

Now I'm picturing Rodman playing table tennis.... well, that's a little better than smooth jazz. Heh. It's kinda comical. 

By the way, I don't have any problems with my gay friends when they want to cross-dress. It's pretty damn fun a lot of the time, actually. But if they had a history of violence, drugs, mental instability, dressing like street hookers, and advocating for mass-murderers, I would think twice about taking their advice. Actually, I would probably stay the fuck away from that person. At least on Tuesdays, and today's Tuesday. Seriously, no one in their right mind willingly hangs out with people like that. And you do know that many politicians have also gone over to N.Korea, right? Shit didn't Clinton even cruise over there, meet Poppa Kim, and have some prisoners released? Hell, I think he did. And he wasn't the first President to meet the Kims, either. Ah, but they probably didn't play basketball. They should have dyed their hair, at least. 

But look at me, now I'm kinda being serious. Egads. My fingertips are gonna go dysplastic I keep typing....  

But... 

47 minutes ago, kuya said:

I think Rodman in his own way was and is trying to do something good here.

Maybe. We could speculate. However, that's not what was on the table. That's a different conversation. 

10 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

Speaking of trolls maybe you should check out who started this thread.

A troll? 

C'mon, man. You set that right up... 

13 hours ago, Barneyboy said:

Like I said, the only people criticizing the President are left wing lunatics.

12 hours ago, Barneyboy said:

Like I said left wing lunatics, NY Times, Politico et al.

Pleeeenty of Republicans who criticize the Prez. This isn't news. Heck, a military analyst just recently quit Fox because he said their shows had become nothing but Presidential propaganda, and he could no longer in good conscience support the lies. 

My favorite part however, was Fox's rebuttal, saying they were proud of their opinion programming. Love it!! 

Do you see it, B-Boy? I feel I gotta check. 

11 minutes ago, Moso said:

Pleeeenty of Republicans who criticize the Prez. This isn't news. Heck, a military analyst just recently quit Fox because he said their shows had become nothing but Presidential propaganda, and he could no longer in good conscience support the lies. 

My favorite part however, was Fox's rebuttal, saying they were proud of their opinion programming. Love it!! 

Did you see it, B-Boy? I feel I gotta check. 

Which Republicans are criticizing this historical meeting?  Please be more specific. What does a military analyst quitting Fox have to do with only left wing lunatics are criticizing this momentous meeting?

6 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

Which Republicans are criticizing this historical meeting?  Please be more specific. What does a military analyst quitting Fox have to do with only left wing lunatics are criticizing this momentous meeting?

You're kidding us, right? The fucking chair of the Senate Foreign Relations committee for one. Do you even bother looking anything up? You're on the internet, B-Boy. Tons of information at your fingertips. Not to mention, you had to change your narrative, narrowing down its focus to grasp for just a pretense of an argument. You've got the right to press your thoughts opinion on here and present arguments, but you have to at least kind of know what you're talking about. Look it up, man. Mull the information over. Then post your arguments. 

Have you considered my advice on joining the administration? I really think you'd be a ringer. You could start by looking up the Republicans who are criticizing this recent meeting and attaching it to your resume, like a gift. A fish at the door, so to speak. Actually, no, they probably already have a list. If Nixon had a list, you know Trump has one. 

But you could still totally do it. I think it would make a lot of people happy. 

Just think on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moso said:

You're kidding us, right? The fucking chair of the Senate Foreign Relations committee for one. Do you even bother looking anything up? You're on the internet, B-Boy. Tons of information at your fingertips. Not to mention, you had to change your narrative, narrowing down its focus to grasp for just a pretense of an argument. You've got the right to press your thoughts opinion on here and present arguments, but you have to at least kind of know what you're talking about. Look it up, man. Mull the information over. Then post your arguments. 

Have you considered my advice on joining the administration? I really think you'd be a ringer. You could start by looking up the Republicans who are criticizing this recent meeting and attaching it to your resume, like a gift. A fish at the door, so to speak. Actually, no, they probably already have a list. If Nixon had a list, you know Trump has one. 

But you could still totally do it. I think it would make a lot of people happy. 

Just think on it. 

Maybe your reading comprehension and thought process are affected with your hate.  I specifically asked which Republicans are criticizing our President over this historical meeting. You can go back and re-read my post. This all started with my response to tunesmithth and his postings of sites critical of this meeting. Those were all left wing news sites ergo my comment that only the left wing lunatics, among which you are one, are critical of this meeting. Please try to follow the posting trail before you start to make a fool of yourself. Well, maybe a bigger fool as you will always be a fool.

2 hours ago, Moso said:

zzzzzzzzzzz

False.

I said, "I remember Rodman getting famous by yelling at people, getting into fights, piercing the shit out of his face, coloring his hair and wearing dresses. Once that wore off, he started dating mass-murdering dictators." And then I put up photos that included Rodman dressing like a slutty teenage girl and looking like he's trying to marry himself. All of which was to support the basic knowledge that he is an unstable character, as you yourself have said. (The question on the table was, "Why don't Presidents take Dennis Rodman seriously?") 

Now at the moment you seem to be acting a little bit reasonable in this tangent/false narrative, when before your argument was so exaggerated I thought for sure you were just being dumb to try to mess around with me. You were, right? It's hard to tell in these forums sometimes which way the sincerity lay.

Out of curiosity, do you think that there were no military or political personnel who met with Rodman at any time regarding his forays into the living chambers of our friendly neighborhood mass-murderer? Actually, nm, don't answer. 

Now I'm picturing Rodman playing table tennis.... well, that's a little better than smooth jazz. Heh. It's kinda comical. 

By the way, I don't have any problems with my gay friends when they want to cross-dress. It's pretty damn fun a lot of the time, actually. But if they had a history of violence, drugs, mental instability, dressing like street hookers, and advocating for mass-murderers, I would think twice about taking their advice. Actually, I would probably stay the fuck away from that person. At least on Tuesdays, and today's Tuesday. Seriously, no one in their right mind willingly hangs out with people like that. And you do know that many politicians have also gone over to N.Korea, right? Shit didn't Clinton even cruise over there, meet Poppa Kim, and have some prisoners released? Hell, I think he did. And he wasn't the first President to meet the Kims, either. Ah, but they probably didn't play basketball. They should have dyed their hair, at least. 

But look at me, now I'm kinda being serious. Egads. My fingertips are gonna go dysplastic I keep typing....  

But... 

Maybe. We could speculate. However, that's not what was on the table. That's a different conversation. 

You keep saying that.....but,

Rodman attained fame by way of his extraordinary athleticism. He was an intrigal part of, arguably, the greatest basketball team that has ever existed, The cross dressing and other "distractions" were just that. I couldn't care less what he had to say, which is not to say that the administration should feel the same way.

Your musings are nothing but "distractions" to those who want to make more coherent points. B-Boy has it right....you are a TROLL!

BTW Moso….what do you do for a living??? Are you a Washington insider....a politician....or, maybe someone who works for one?? Or, are you just one of those guys that has "done your research" and just knows more than anyone else?? 

In any case, why don't you dispense with the sarcasm and BS and find another perch!

Irony! How are you doing? 

6 hours ago, Ironknee said:

Rodman attained fame by way of his extraordinary athleticism. He was an intrigal part of, arguably, the greatest basketball team that has ever existed, The cross dressing and other "distractions" were just that.

I disagree. I don't think most of the world knew who he was until he began the antics. He himself has gone on record that he did some of it just for the attention, especially after he realized his off the wall character was what was really making him famous. 

I couldn't care less what he had to say, which is not to say that the administration should feel the same way.

Okay? Yeah, so the topic on the floor is whether or not "Obama"/the O-administration should have listened to him, because Rodman said that what's happening now was kind of his idea, and that he tried to tell the O guys, and they ignored him. And then some people on this board started arguing about whether or not they should have listened to Rodman. Rodman would be happy we're arguing over his bullshit. But yeah, I'm clearly on the side of "many people have been in the DPRK and chatted with the Kims -- why should mentally unstable with a history of drugs and violence (wasn't he arrested a couple times for beating his girlfriends?) Dennis Rodman be considered wiser than the others?" This is of course operating on the assumption that Rodman's not just full of shit to begin with. But I do like what Kuya said earlier, that perhaps - beyond the attention grabbing narcissism - Rodman's intentions were good. 

I would like to reiterate at this moment that I can't believe I'm having an argument about Dennis Rodman. 😂 Silly Moso. 

B-Boy has it right....

😂🤣 

I tell ya man, if you find most of your comments liked by B-Boy, if he's your head cheerleader, you should probably rethink your arguments!

you are a TROLL!

I've never been called a troll before. Huh. But you may be right. I tease you guys because of the incredibly poor caliber of the comments that crop up. They make me laugh so much! You for example I call Irony because in the past you've displayed amazing amounts of projection, accusing people of your own guilts. I remember one time you just went on a roll - every comment you made in a series was a reflection of yourself, as if you were arguing with yourself! It was amazing. But anyway I try to make points amidst all my jokes. 

what do you do for a living?

I was a teacher and globe-trotting artist. Now I study psychiatric mental health and somatic disease. 
Should I ask what you do for a living? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barneyboy said:

I specifically asked which Republicans are criticizing our President over this historical meeting. You can go back and re-read my post.

I did, actually. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt (gasp! 😄), and so went and checked before posting. I don't see that you specified "this 'historical' meeting" until after it was mentioned there are plenty of Reps who criticize the Prez. However, now that you have narrowed down your criteria, you still have an example. Either way you look at it, your statement was false. Do you want to go back and edit your comments? Btw, do you work with asbestos? 

Oh hey, did you catch that point in the Fox statement? They said it, not me! 

Last but not least -- for all of you calling me left-wing, liberal, etc... c'mon, you aren't even trying. In the US, I vote both Red and Blue, depending on their arguments. I may cry when I do it, since both parties kind of seem to suck, but I at least try to listen to both before making judgement calls. 

Alright, I have shinola to do. Hastamigos~~~

• Like 1

Is there a North Korean deal

According to the North Koreans, yeah...a hell of a deal ! ^_^

So I guess in the end it comes down to what it always comes down to...who's version you choose to believe.

SEOUL, South Korea — A day after its leader’s historic talks with President Trump, North Korea wasted no time on Wednesday spinning the results in its favor, claiming it had won major concessions from the United States.

The authoritarian country’s state-controlled news media said that Mr. Trump had promised to eventually lift sanctions against the North and to end joint military drills with South Korea. It also said the United States had agreed to a phased, “step-by-step” denuclearization process for the North, rather than the immediate dismantling of its nuclear capability.

Source - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/13/world/asia/trump-kim-summit-north-korea.html

SEOUL — North Korea’s state-run media is framing the agreements reached at the Singapore summit as a “step-by-step” process intended to bring U.S. rewards in exchange for gradual moves by Pyongyang to dismantle its nuclear program.

Source - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/06/12/north-korea-says-nuclear-dismantling-a-step-by-step-process-with-u-s-rewards-along-the-way/?utm_term=.1af45aa3433b

North Korean state media have reported that President Trump made a raft of concessions to Kim Jong Un that were not stated in the two countries' joint statement, following a first-ever meeting of the leaders in Singapore.

While the U.S. has yet to confirm the contents of the reports, they suggest that the two leaders reached more verbal agreements than they put on paper, and made public.

Source - https://www.npr.org/2018/06/13/619464740/north-koreas-media-touts-trump-concessions-you-won-t-find-in-the-joint-statement

They offered few details, and agreed to hold talks “at the earliest possible date” to implement the outcomes of the summit with Pompeo leading the U.S. side. But the statement did not specify his North Korean counterpart by name, saying it would be a “relevant, high-level” official.

That would restrict the possible candidates to a handful of men trusted by Kim within North Korea’s highly opaque leadership circle.

Source - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-keypeople/ex-spy-or-genteel-diplomat-north-koreas-choices-for-nuclear-talks-with-pompeo-idUSKBN1J919L

• Like 1

I suspect the naming of Mr Pompeo (which did strike me as odd - naming an individual, I mean, rather than the choice of Pompeo) was in response to a NK demand that they do NOT have to deal with Bolton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not informed enough to comment on the deal-in-progress, but this is pretty funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For the record, I do want to mention that if this really and truly does lead to the denuclearization of the DPRK, or even more acceptable - a better regime/world/quality of life with less aggressors (like a peaceful and united Korea - imagine!), I will totally applaud and say job well done. I don't care if Rodman has to marry into the Kims while T-dog calls primae noctis to get things there. Although, I do at least hope the "bride" is acquiescent. 

I'm not informed about the specifics of the deal-in-progress, but this is pretty funny.

...appreciate you sharing that! I passed it on via Facebook.

Although I do find it humorous, I also find it incredibly pathetic.

The fact that we readily accept partisan talking points as legitimate news is beyond my ability to comprehend. :blush: God help us!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tunesmithth said:

The fact that we readily accept partisan talking points as legitimate news is beyond my ability to comprehend. :blush: God help us!

While I don't watch any of the news in the US, this particular station doesn't even hide anymore that it's almost entirely opinion programming. Unbelievable that so many swallow it hook, line n' sinker. 

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump declared Wednesday that the North Korean regime no longer poses a nuclear threat following his summit with Kim Jong Un, even though the meeting produced no verifiable proof that the rogue regime will discontinue its nuclear program.

In a series of tweets, Trump sought to take political credit for the summit but risked undermining the US strategy in the region.
"Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office," Trump tweeted as he arrived back in Washington. "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea."

Thank God....I feel so much better now! :rolleyes:
BTW - you may not care for this particular source, but I remind you...the headline is based on the man's public declaration (via Twitter), not someone's opinion.
  • Like 2

I was quite shocked when I first watched "news" in the USA - surprised at the lack of balance or even truth (and the level of opinion reported as fact). Yes, Fox News was perhaps the first that caught my eye but, to be fair, both "sides" have channels that do it (and the idea of "sides" in public news broadcasting is shocking in itself). I guess it's what happens when the Fairness Doctrine disappears.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Moso said:

I did, actually. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt (gasp! 😄), and so went and checked before posting. I don't see that you specified "this 'historical' meeting" until after it was mentioned there are plenty of Reps who criticize the Prez. However, now that you have narrowed down your criteria, you still have an example. Either way you look at it, your statement was false. Do you want to go back and edit your comments? Btw, do you work with asbestos? 

Oh hey, did you catch that point in the Fox statement? They said it, not me! 

Last but not least -- for all of you calling me left-wing, liberal, etc... c'mon, you aren't even trying. In the US, I vote both Red and Blue, depending on their arguments. I may cry when I do it, since both parties kind of seem to suck, but I at least try to listen to both before making judgement calls. 

Alright, I have shinola to do. Hastamigos~~~

Just shows what a fool you are.  Go back to my original posting for the genesis of this discussion.  Never mind, you're too damn stupid and I'm beginning to feel like I am regressing to your level of stupidity by even responding to your nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, Alistair S said:

I was quite shocked when I first watched "news" in the USA - surprised at the lack of balance or even truth (and the level of opinion reported as fact). Yes, Fox News was perhaps the first that caught my eye but, to be fair, both "sides" have channels that do it (and the idea of "sides" in public news broadcasting is shocking in itself). I guess it's what happens when the Fairness Doctrine disappears.

Yes! You've brought up the nullification of the Fairness Doctrine before, and please keep doing it. People forget too darn easily.