Sign in to follow this  
Short Order Kook

Quoting from more than one page and a question about song contest pages

So I have a couple of questions. 

1. I was just trying to respond to comments on a song I wrote and it appears that if I want to quote multiple people, I have to reply separately to people that made comments on the 1st page from people that made comments on the 2nd page.  I'm not sure if "page" is the proper term here, when I say page I'm referring to a long line of posts broken up by "pages", 1, 2, 3, etc.  I was hoping I could respond to everyone in one post taking quotes from 2 different pages, but it doesn't seem possible.  Maybe I have to open up the Muse twice to do what I'm intending to do?  Am I missing something?
  2. Are the song contests purposely set so you can't "like" or "thank" them for their comments?  How come?

Thank you

I haven't been able to 'multiquote' that way either - even if I open up another window/tab, and copy the 'quote', it doesn't paste correctly.

2 hours ago, Short Order Kook said:

So I have a couple of questions. 

1. I was just trying to respond to comments on a song I wrote and it appears that if I want to quote multiple people, I have to reply separately to people that made comments on the 1st page from people that made comments on the 2nd page.  I'm not sure if "page" is the proper term here, when I say page I'm referring to a long line of posts broken up by "pages", 1, 2, 3, etc.  I was hoping I could respond to everyone in one post taking quotes from 2 different pages, but it doesn't seem possible.  Maybe I have to open up the Muse twice to do what I'm intending to do?  Am I missing something?
  2. Are the song contests purposely set so you can't "like" or "thank" them for their comments?  How come?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Mike B said:

I haven't been able to 'multiquote' that way either - even if I open up another window/tab, and copy the 'quote', it doesn't paste correctly.

Just hit the plus sign next to the "quote" button in each post you want to quote and, when you get to reply there should be a box to add the quotes (bottom right).

I just used it in this post.

Oh yes, the Contests don't allow "likes" to avoid any other feedback on entries bar the scoring and comments post scoring. It was felt that entries should be posted with no comment or "likes".

Thank you!  I'll give it a try. The policy on the contests makes sense for pre scoring, I think that's what you meant?

3 minutes ago, Short Order Kook said:

Thank you!  I'll give it a try. The policy on the contests makes sense for pre scoring, I think that's what you meant?

Yep - pretty much. I think someone asked for the "likes" facility to be removed from there.

22 hours ago, Alistair S said:

Just hit the plus sign next to the "quote" button in each post you want to quote and, when you get to reply there should be a box to add the quotes (bottom right).

I just used it in this post.

Oh yes, the Contests don't allow "likes" to avoid any other feedback on entries bar the scoring and comments post scoring. It was felt that entries should be posted with no comment or "likes".

Aha, you need to click all the +'s first, makes sense.