Sign in to follow this  
Phthalo Blue

Instrumental in need of criticism

Hi all,

I wanted to share this piece in hopes of getting some feedback.  Like most creators, I probably have way too high of an opinion of this since I created it.   I know it is mixed very poorly and there are breaths all over the place but as a song, do you feel it is professional?  Are the two melodies playing with eachother or distracting from each other?  Is it obvious that these solos were improv and I should focus more on actual writing?  Are the mess ups obvious?  Any advice on getting rid of the breaths without rerecording? 

Thanks all!

• Like 2

I liked that a lot; the guitar parts played off each other very well, I thought. There's a fine line between sounding too "improv," and too prepared and stilted; I think you walked that line very well. It sounded natural, flowed nicely. 

Faron

Beautiful!  I think you're right that the mixing needs a little work, but the guitar playing sounds professional to me.  I didn't hear any "mistakes".  Sounds like you hit the right notes to me.  Where do you see yourself going with this?  Solely an instrumental?  I can't help but hear Allman Bros in this piece, who were such masters of creating these amazing instrumental parts mixed with vocals.  You should be proud.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi P

Nice piece here. Just enough change ups through out to make it interesting. I would pitch this to publishers that handle movie soundtrack music.

cheers

R-N-R Jim

26 minutes ago, R-N-R Jim said:

Hi P

Nice piece here. Just enough change ups through out to make it interesting. I would pitch this to publishers that handle movie soundtrack music.

cheers

R-N-R Jim

Thanks Jim.   This song is about my love for Trump.  Is that okay?   

JK JK

Seriously though thank you for the kind words.   

1 hour ago, Phthalo Blue said:

Thanks Jim.   This song is about my love for Trump.  Is that okay?   giggle giggle... your too much! 😁Oh, I should add, I may not agree with Ted Nugents leanings in his later years, but it doesnt take away from my listening experience of his hedonistic 1970s stuff.😆

JK JK

Seriously though thank you for the kind words.   

Hi P

You had a nice way of building and arranging things. If this is your primary style of music, that in itself is unique. Welcome to the Muse.

cheers

R-N-R Jim