rklimeck

Your #1 Songwriting Question

Hi guys, I've been working with a few hit songwriters and experts on a new brand new songwriting program. 

I want to make sure that we cover everything - but I’m a little “too close” to this project right now. So now that we are almost finished, I would like to get some feedback from you… and this will only take you a few seconds. Can you go to this link and answer the one simple question:

https://www.songcamp.org/1question 

P.S. In exchange for your advice, we’ll give you a FREE ticket to our songwriting masterclass that’s happening in a few weeks.

Thank you!

Will there be food or refreshment at this masterclass?

Moving this to self promotion.

They're fishing for email addresses

Hi Kuya,

The goal here is to create a course with topics that songwriters really think about and want to learn, instead of us trying to guess it. I believe we can address it in a much better way by doing this, and the results (70 replies so far) are showing me that it is true. We already received very interesting questions that wouldn't be in the program otherwise.

The free masterclass that is coming before the course, will also be addressing those questions. So there's no trick here.

4 hours ago, kuya said:

They're fishing for email addresses

No sir, there is a trick!  It's a classic phishing scam to accumulate a mailing list. You invited us to ask a question, but we can only submit a question if we provide an email address for your data base. Why not just be honest and say we're trying to accmulate a database of potential students and we may or may not sell this database in the future? Why can't we just ask our questions here? 

Who are you? 

What are your credentials?

What great song writers have you been working with?  

What songs have you written yourself that have been recorded by anyone we have heard of?  

In short, what makes you think you can teach a course? 

16 minutes ago, kuya said:

No sir, there is a trick!  It's a classic phishing scam to accumulate a mailing list. You invited us to ask a question, but we can only submit a question if we provide an email address for your data base. Why not just be honest and say we're trying to accmulate a database of potential students and we may or may not sell this database in the future? Why can't we just ask our questions here? 

Who are you? 

What are your credentials?

What great song writers have you been working with?  

What songs have you written yourself that have been recorded by anyone we have heard of?  

In short, what makes you think you can teach a course? 

I am not one of the teachers in the course (although I am a songwriter and a professional musician for 10+ years), so my credentials are not relevant here. 

You can check our website songcamp.org and you will find the list of songwriters that I've been working with in the previous programs. Also, more than 1.300 musicians attended our last summits and learned from all of them for free (yes, they also registered with their email addresses). 

We are offering the webinar ticket to everyone that answers the survey, and without the email addresses, we can not register anyone or send reminders. You are free to unsubscribe any time you want. Also, our Privacy Policy clearly states that we will NEVER share your personally identifiable information with third parties. 

And yes, if you are not interested in the upcoming webinar you could just ask your questions here, but they will be answered in the webinar.  

Quote from a recent New York Times article dealing with the Cambridge Analytica debacle.... 

"I’ve come to grips with the fact that you are the product on the internet,” said Mark Snyder, 32...
If you sign up for anything and it isn’t immediately obvious how they’re making money, they’re making money off of you,”

Words to live by ! ;)

Tom

23 hours ago, rklimeck said:

I am not one of the teachers in the course (although I am a songwriter and a professional musician for 10+ years), so my credentials are not relevant here. I beg to differ. Your street cred is everything. Im sure you tell every artist or publisher that you are exposed to that you are a songwriter/musician. Im sure you have 10 business cards on you at all times with a facebook address or your own website.

You can check our website songcamp.org and you will find the list of songwriters that I've been working with in the previous programs. Also, more than 1.300 musicians attended our last summits and learned from all of them for free (yes, they also registered with their email addresses). Are they paying you to canvass songwriter sites? What's your cut per entrant? Again, nobody does anything for free. Again, you could call the seminar an info-mercial since Im sure these teachers will be trying to sell their books and dvds on how to write a "hit" song. Nothing wrong with that. But you should call it what it is.

We are offering the webinar ticket to everyone that answers the survey, and without the email addresses, we can not register anyone or send reminders. You are free to unsubscribe any time you want. Also, our Privacy Policy clearly states that we will NEVER share your personally identifiable information with third parties.Does that include email addresses? Email addresses might not be considered "personally identifiable" since anyone can register an email without personal information being given out. Does this site have a better business bureau rating?

And yes, if you are not interested in the upcoming webinar you could just ask your questions here, but they will be answered in the webinar.  You should then add the return answer here if you are indeed being genuine about helping out the novice songwriter.

Hi R

Hate to be cynical, but as far as writing stuff that "cuts through the clutter"...well...the last 25 years the airwaves have been full of clutter and if that is the standard or bar to achieve, then why would I want to attend or be a part of a songwriters forum that only promotes more of the same? Also,since you have become a member here at the Muse, you should participate in some of the forums. Not that it's required, but I think people will get a better sense or judge of character of whether or not you are being genuine in the promotion of educating songwriters.

At any rate, songwriting is an industry. I hope your teachers tell the entrants that, and that it's about more who you know than actual talent in songwriting. Today's top 20 is a shining example of this.

hope you make your quota

R-N-R Jim