tunesmithth

1 Minute Home-Studio Tour

Put this together a couple years back as a feed-thru for the loading page of my website.

Figured visitors might find it more interesting than a still photo.

Doesn't include everything, but it will give ya' an idea of the basic environment..."old school"  ;) 

Looks a bit grainy at this screen size...much cleaner in smaller formats. 

Tom

• Like 2

Very impressive, Tom. ;) I got a big kick out of the bright pink fluffy interior of the guitar case for your Gibson. 😊

• Thanks 1

Looks great. And the drums, and that Gibson guitar... (drool) What a great place to make music in.

I so happened to find myself sitting at a drum kit last weekend, what I didn't find was a groove nor chops. All gone. Not to mention the left hand, it's like it didn't even exist. A wake up call to say the least, I need to find me some drums. I must. 😋

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, The S said:

I need to find me some drums. I must. 😋

Yep...I feel your pain! ;)

I too was without drums for nearly 2 decades...one of MANY stellar decisions I made in my 20's & 30's. LOLolol...

When I quit "Nickels" at 23, I sold the set you see below...lock, stock & barrel.

610362100_March1976(3)-justpriortosellingdrumset001.thumb.jpg.024624c4ed8bf3bf0374eb58d80632f4.jpg

Ludwigs - Double bass, double floor toms, triple high toms, all chrome snare & a custom-made 26" X-Heavy ride cymbal.

Makes me want to cry when I think about what I sold 'em for :blush:

Took this photo just prior to sale...good lookin' haircut came compliments of my new career in restaurant management. :D

When I wanted to resume playing at age 40, I bought my current set used - $500.

Over the years I've replaced most of the cymbals & hardware, but the set itself is unchanged. 

Donna - yeah, that guitar case is a real hoot! ^_^ God only knows what possessed Gibson to design a coffin-style case, but it is kinda purdy:rolleyes:

...appreciate the comments, both of you!

Tom

Hi T

No background music for the tour?😕 And where's your bass guitar? 😯 chuckle chuckle. Im hoping my future room looks that orderly this summer when I hopefully transfer my studio from the basement to the second floor.

• Haha 1

No background music for the tour?

That was deliberate...whether it was a good idea or not remains to be seen :rolleyes:

As you can see from this screenshot, it's surrounded by mp3 links. My intent was to offer something visitors could view while they listen. 

663050919_Capture-mainpg_top.thumb.PNG.9de04eedffb5b78356d73af82fd519fe.PNG

And where's your bass guitar? 😯 chuckle chuckle.

Gotcha covered ;) ... although nothing to write home about, it's served my purposes (Peavey Fury)

241992869_PeaveyFury-fullfront(600x800).thumb.jpg.5fefacce215dbaf6dd8a19aa0d8cce73.jpg

As for placement in the home, basement (concrete floors) are a much better for me.

Hollow floors aren't the best fit for real drums. 

Thanks Jim! :D

Tom

I know that hard disk  muti-track mixing console for some reason I'm drawing a blank.   Roland VS?

• Like 1

Tascam 2488...finally shot craps Nov. 2016 :blush:

It's funny and painful to see the price drops on old "state of the art" harddisk recorders.

A few years back I decided I wanted to use my Yamaha AW16 G for recording.  It took me an extremely long time to remember how to work it.  So much that after menu diving and menu diving and more menu diving I finally decided to give it a rest.  The DMCA protections built into it made doing simple things impossible.

AW16G.jpg

• Haha 1