Sign in to follow this  
Harreh

Digital singing needs to end

I don't know about anyone else, but I for one am so sick of how digitally assisted songs are today.

I don't mind a bit of it here and there, but when entire songs are coated in it, it makes me feel quite alienated.

I came across this today and I think it works pretty well as an example of how not to do pitch correction.

For me it clashes so much with the period music/instrumentation. It sounds so alien and robotised. I'm astounded the studio said this was the best the could do. It's basically a musical, and you're just gonna overlook the singing?
Crazy.

• Like 1

You got my vote ! ;)

That being said, I'm not sure how you get the genie back in the bottle.

It's cheaper, quicker, easier to do this way & the general listening public seems willing to tolerate it.

What can ya' do? :rolleyes:

Tom

• Like 1

I agree, but you know that 90% of the intended audience don't care, right?  Same thing with all of the current Taylor Swift/Selena Gomez/every other pop star schlock that is released - the audience doesn't care.

i think that its art, i think its different its modern, its something that we arent used to. I think this song specifically does sound robotic and kind of planned. However, i think that even though it is different, and kind of electronic based like you said but i think that telling people what they can and cant do is wrong.

On 3/13/2018 at 08:19, Mike B said:

I agree, but you know that 90% of the intended audience don't care, right?  Same thing with all of the current Taylor Swift/Selena Gomez/every other pop star schlock that is released - the audience doesn't care.

i do want to say i could not agree with you more, when i try to have conversations with people about the different components of a song they roll they are eyes are start to play there like pop songs thats on the radio