Dan Barracuda

Seeking Advice on where to go with this Matador-like guitar riff

Hey guys, 

I've had this song idea cooking for many years now. Never did anything with it, but it'd be cool to finally get some feedback on what kind of direction it should go in. I think it has some potential. Thoughts?

It sound catchy!

You could add a bassline and some percussion (For example, a four-to-the-floor kick drum at every beat and a tambourine hit on every 2 and 4). 

The first barred chord you play after the lead work - the F#-major - FWIW, for my personal taste, I think the riff overall might sound cooler and "rock" more if that first barred chord was an F#-minor instead of major.  

This is really cool. I could really hear some powerful drums coming in. I think my favorite part is at 1:46. That section is really nice but the main riff is great too! Like the galloping sound.

Good rhythmic riff figure you have going on here.

Maybe get yourself a looper - then you can lay this riff down, then add some guitar percussion (bridge/fret taps) on top of it and finally add a simple classical melodic line over the whole thing. With some reverb on the whole thing this would make for a awesome little instrumental piece, solo at a live gig.

Andy

I really appreciate this feedback guys. To respond to your points:

@HoboSage - I agree, F#m would definitely be stronger. I'm gonna go with that

@MGIFOS_SF - I'm glad you like that part! It's actually part of another song idea I had, and am thinking about combining them. Agreed about the powerful drums!

@AndyLeF - I do have a looper pedal, and you know what I think I will be including this in my live set. You think the loop should include the F# part? or maybe I pause the loop and just play the F# part. I like the idea of soloing over the riff