Sign in to follow this  
JarretMack

The Muse Songwriters Pet Section

Hi, everyone! I thought of creating this new thread where we can discuss about the little critters in our lives, none other than our household pets. Mine are Donna and Michelle (my wife named them after Donna Summer and her bestfriend who passed away years ago), both are playful Siamese Cats who love to purr and cuddle, especially when I get home from work. On my days off, I usually take them outside to play, though as a precaution I bought them a kittywalk , so that they may still play freely, with no fear of them ending up on the side of the road. As with other cats, they like to scratch up the furniture, hence, another reason why we mostly play outdoors. Oh, and did I mention, they also like to watch Netflix with me. Please feel free to share who your furry companions are as well.

5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi, Jarret

Welcome to the muse.  Now that photo above is one of the most adorable I've seen posted here in quite some time. They're absolutely beautiful.  Are they sisters and if so how old are they?  I had purchased a cat stroller or cat walker (what I think you meant by a kitty walker) last summer, but  threw it out and have decided to get a new one in the spring as the materials used in the one originally purchased from the chewy.com website listed the product with a warning label that was recognized by California's proposition 65 standard meaning certain materials could potentially (but not necessarily)  cause cancer. Unfortunately, I didn't read the labels and description of the product carefully enough before purchasing. I realize it does not apply to non-California residents but I tend to think the California standards are among the highest in the nation and many of the other states should heed to such warnings.  Only reason I bring it up is because you made mention of a kitty walker. Again, I am assuming it is much like the product I purchased which was made by Pet Gear.  I'm sure you want your babies safe and so I thought I'd make mention of the strollers and issues with some of them.     Here's the link to what I am talking about below.

https://www.chewy.com/pet-gear-travel-lite-pet-stroller/dp/125544.   

Thanks for posting the pics and starting this thread. Although another muse member, Tracy (username Tracy somebody)  had posted the same themed thread several years ago.  But, more enjoyable posts celebrating and talking about our animal babies the better in my book.

Here's Tracy's thread on page 3 of this forum. Have a look below. I think you'll enjoy it.      

Meanwhile allow me to introduce you to Jet in the picture below. Jet behaves more like a dog. He follows me around every where and likes to play ball with me throwing it while he goes after it.  He also has a toy Robin, a toy mouse, and likes to eat. In fact,  he'll sometimes wake me at 4 in the morning if he gets hungry and when I don't get up to cater to his hunger cravings, he will use his paw to rattle my sliding closet doors causing noise loud enough most times to wake me. It's either that or he begins to shred newspapers in the next room which can be loud enough to hear and wake up to if he gets pissed off enough.  One time, in the late afternoon I was listening to my boom box which has an extension cord that of course plugs into the wall.  He came in and nudged me with his face in mine to get up and feed him. When I didn't respond initially, he went over to the extension cord for the radio and pulled it out of the wall with his teeth.  His personality isn't much different from mine.  He is fun loving & of course mischievous.   

5a46dd9ccd50c_DSCN01742.thumb.JPG.ff9b1175ad980d2ad2a981c6f318713d.JPG

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2017 at 06:22, JarretMack said:

Hi, everyone! I thought of creating this new thread where we can discuss about the little critters in our lives, none other than our household pets. Mine are Donna and Michelle (my wife named them after Donna Summer and her bestfriend who passed away years ago), both are playful Siamese Cats who love to purr and cuddle, especially when I get home from work. On my days off, I usually take them outside to play, though as a precaution I bought them a kittywalk , so that they may still play freely, with no fear of them ending up on the side of the road. As with other cats, they like to scratch up the furniture, hence, another reason why we mostly play outdoors. Oh, and did I mention, they also like to watch Netflix with me. Please feel free to share who your furry companions are as well.

5.jpg

Adorable kitties.  

My pets are dogs - 2 St. Bernards and a 15 pound chi/terrier mix.  I've had 2 cats in the past - my first one I got as a kitty and she lived to be 17 years old.  She was an outside cat that patrolled our front yard.  She wouldn't come inside even in bad weather.  I kept bedding for her in the covered front porch and fed her outside.  She would often bring back mice from an empty field across the street and a few birds that she caught.  My second cat was a stray in a lot across from my business.  She was friendly and the owner of the lot fed her every day.  The owner felt sorry for her and asked if I could take her.  I had just lost my Kitty so I gladly took her in.  Unfortunately, she had already developed cancer.  The vet said she did not have much time so I only was able to keep her for less than a year before having to put her down.  It was very sad cause she was such a playful cat even with her condition. I've always had dogs and they never bothered the cats.  They didn't play with each other just kind of said hello when passing.  Haven't had a cat in over 10 years now but I still like to see their cute faces and enjoy their playfulness.