• Announcements

• Alistair S

Collaboration Contest Scoring   18/04/18

Some great songs in the Collab Contest! Please see Other Contests and let me have your scores (instructions in the thread) by SATURDAY night!    
Clemo

Strawberry fields meaning

Can anyone explain what johns song is about please

all the best

mike

John Lennon claimed that this song was a reflection on his childhood and how simple it seemed to be compared to being an adult.  It was an "answer" to McCartney's Penny Lane, which was also a nostalgic look at his (McCartney's) youth in Liverpool.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2017 at 10:31, Neal K said:

John Lennon claimed that this song was a reflection on his childhood and how simple it seemed to be compared to being an adult.  It was an "answer" to McCartney's Penny Lane, which was also a nostalgic look at his (McCartney's) youth in Liverpool.

Hmm, I didn't know about that. Such an interesting insight.

Up until last year i did a lot of work around Liverpool. Not sure exactly what strawberry fields was but I remember my liverpudlian work mate pointing it out to me once. Strawberry fields is still written on the raught iron fencing around the grounds. So much of what the beetles wrote about was about places from their youth where they grew up. Penny lane in allerton still has the famous barbershop. If your a beetles fan and you get the chance to visit Liverpool you'll see it all. I'm from rival city Manchester and all the Scousers I worked didn't seem bothered by it but I was in awe every time we drove past John lennons house on menlove drive