Renato Klimeck

Free Online Conference for Songwriters

Hello everyone!

There's an online conference for songwriters coming up really soon. SongCamp will feature workshops from hit songwriters and experts, people that wrote songs for/with Christina Aguilera, Usher, Whitney Houston, Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, NSYNC, Josh Groban and so many more. Anyone that signs up with this link gets a free ticket and will be able to watch every session. I hope you can all join me there!

Link: http://brisktip.com/songcamp/ref/SongCamp 

Hi, Renato

Welcome to the site. Before signing up do we have to watch each of the 5 virtual sessions at a specific designated time ? Have those times been announced along with the dates? Are these sessions being taped to watch freely anytime once we've signed up?  I'm also curious to know your relationship to this event and what organization you representWhat is brisktip.com?

I'm assuming there's no cost as the title of the post says 'Free Online Conference For Songwriters'.

Out of curiosity (with a sincere interest in the craft), I've signed up. (Always open to learning something new) and I think I've done just that.  The designated times are still TBA (To Be Announced) as of the date I signed up (Oct 8th) and from what I can see based on the confirmation email I got from Renato shortly after signing up, the course or sessions are free BUT( deep breath everybody) if one misses the "live virtual" session or sessions, in order to get free access anytime, anywhere to watch anything missed,  it's going to cost you in what is described as a required "ticket upgrade" in order to gain unlimited access. Starting price on those is $97 US.

If I am wrong please correct me.

Hi @spanishbuddha

Thanks for signing up for SongCamp and welcoming me here.
I am a songwriter, music arranger and one of the organizers of SongCamp. BriskTip is my company, the one that is behind this event. 

You are correct, there is no cost to attend SongCamp. All you need to do is sign up with your email (as you probably did). You will receive the official agenda (coming up tomorrow) and links to the sessions that will be streamed during the summit (from oct. 18 to 22). No additional action is required. You will be able to attend every session for free at the scheduled time, without paying anything. For the busy ones, I suggest choosing the workshops that pick your interest the most and focusing on them.

We do offer the possibility of upgrading the ticket to the All-Access pass, as you mentioned. It includes lifetime accesses to the whole video series and a few bonuses, and of course this is how me and the speakers get paid. But this is not required for anyone that wants to attend SongCamp.

I hope this helps! I also share a sincere interest in the craft, and that's why I am organizing this in a way that we can reach and hopefully help as many people as we can. 

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be glad to address them.

Thanks! The time frame for the conference was emailed to me and initially that was my main concern, but it looks like it will be fine after seeing the schedule. 

Thank you again. I look forward to it. 

Writing a song is that even possible? Some so called songwriters wont even bother with the music but buy it from someone. If a song doesnt come to you more or less by itself its not a song its a product.

Is registration over?  I get the following message when I try to sign up:  Invalid request. Please refresh previous page and try again.

1 hour ago, Mike B said:

Is registration over?  I get the following message when I try to sign up:  Invalid request. Please refresh previous page and try again.

Hi @Mike B. We had a problem with our server this morning, but it's been fixed now. Could you please try it again? 

4 hours ago, Renato Klimeck said:

Hi @Mike B. We had a problem with our server this morning, but it's been fixed now. Could you please try it again? 

Worked this time.