Sign in to follow this  
Barneyboy

Las Vegas Massacre

By now most have heard about the deadly shooting last night at an outdoor concert in Las Vegas.  From the last count I heard, 58 had been killed and 515 injured.  One of those injured is a very close friend of my son and his wife.  She was in their wedding and I know her personally.  She was there celebrating her birthday.  She is married with 2 kids.  Luckily, she only suffered a gunshot wound to her arm.  Evil is everywhere - it seems it is only getting worse. We are thankful that she is alive though her traumatic experience and injury may never heal. In the days to come we will learn more of this deranged psychopath.  He killed himself but I wish we could kill him 58 more times. 

Wow.  It's bad enough when something like this happens but when it touches someone we know, that really magnifies the situation. I'm sorry to hear this. Seems these incidents just keep popping up and get deadlier each time. 

Should be interesting to hear more details as they surface. 

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Bob. I'm glad she will survive but it is awful that it happened. 

While we wait and see what caused all this, maybe we can head off some of the usual debate by doing it all in one go ... deep breath ...

Where were the good guys with guns?
It was a gun free zone, dumbass
“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state ...”
What part of “Shall not be infringed” do you need to have explained?
But they only had one shot … these are assault rifles!
What is an “assault rifle”? The term is meaningless ...
What about blacks killing blacks in the ghettos?
More Americans killed with guns in the USA than in all wars combined 
The government wants to take your guns away
The IRS want to sell more guns
Gun sales will increase after every mass shooting
There are more guns in the USA than there are people
Why isn’t this listed as a terrorist attack?
Terrorism is enacted for political or religious purposes (or both)
Lone wolf
Any legislation would only affect responsible, law-abiding gun owners. 
Only criminals would have guns
Gun registration is a slippery slope
I need one to defend my family. It’s a matter of personal security
John Lott said …
And on and on and on and on and on …

Meanwhile, the Senate has been debating a bill to make it easier to transport firearms across state lines, weaken the definition of which ammunition is  designated “armour-piercing” and make it easier to buy suppressors (as they would protect the shooter’s hearing). Also, stock in Smith and Wesson just rose and gun sales are set to increase.

We can always pick this up again the next time it happens.

1 hour ago, Alistair S said:

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Bob. I'm glad she will survive but it is awful that it happened. 

While we wait and see what caused all this, maybe we can head off some of the usual debate by doing it all in one go ... deep breath ...

Where were the good guys with guns?
It was a gun free zone, dumbass
“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state ...”
What part of “Shall not be infringed” do you need to have explained?
But they only had one shot … these are assault rifles!
What is an “assault rifle”? The term is meaningless ...
What about blacks killing blacks in the ghettos?
More Americans killed with guns in the USA than in all wars combined 
The government wants to take your guns away
The IRS want to sell more guns
Gun sales will increase after every mass shooting
There are more guns in the USA than there are people
Why isn’t this listed as a terrorist attack?
Terrorism is enacted for political or religious purposes (or both)
Lone wolf
Any legislation would only affect responsible, law-abiding gun owners. 
Only criminals would have guns
Gun registration is a slippery slope
I need one to defend my family. It’s a matter of personal security
John Lott said …
And on and on and on and on and on …

Meanwhile, the Senate has been debating a bill to make it easier to transport firearms across state lines, weaken the definition of which ammunition is  designated “armour-piercing” and make it easier to buy suppressors (as they would protect the shooter’s hearing). Also, stock in Smith and Wesson just rose and gun sales are set to increase.

We can always pick this up again the next time it happens.

My purpose for posting this very tragic event was to let people know that this can happen to you.  I must admit that previous tragedies never hit home to me like this because those "victims" were but strangers.  I am guessing that very people actually know or are actually related to someone who has been victimized by such random terrorism.  We cannot just take our safety for granted - there are too many evil doers, not only here in America, but in the rest of the world.  The gun control debate has already been exploited before the bodies have even been identified - surprise surprise.  I have not heard about the seriousness of my friend's injury.  I pray that it is a minor wound with no permanent or long term damage.  However, the most important thing is that she is alive and will soon return to her family.

Agreed. Hopefully the actual injury isn't too serious even though it must have been traumatic, poor woman.

I'm sure somewhere in our group of members there were others affected by this dispicable animal.  My nephew was nearby but not at this show. Bob, hope her prognosis is good.  Pat

• Like 1

Everyone should be affected by this mass shooting. Regardless if you knew someone there or not. It sure affected me.

5 hours ago, kuya said:

I'm sure somewhere in our group of members there were others affected by this dispicable animal.  My nephew was nearby but not at this show. Bob, hope her prognosis is good.  Pat

I just learned that they are leaving the bullet in her arm.  I guess it is less dangerous than an operation.  I