Sign in to follow this  
Icey

TEENAGE LOVE SONG

i was sick when i did this lol, its a fun song, there are a few timing issues/mixing stuff, but i like the overall idea. I don't usually produce myself so this was just for kicks thx for listening 

Lyrics ~

"TEENAGE LOVE SONG"

(VERSE)
It's so typical 
How the night always begins
With your attention
Do you feel the tension? (yeah)

It's unbelievable 
How our nights always just end
With sweet aggression
A crude obsession (just give me that)

(PRE-CHORUS)
Ahh We'll do it in the backyard or just in the back of your dad's new car
Tell me what you like cause I'm down to give you some more!

(CHORUS)
Oh I don't mean it, hope you could see us
I keep calling out in your dreams and 
You'll be my number one 
Favourite teenage love song

Oh you see me in all of these faces
I felt us just falling to pieces
I'll be your only one 

(VERSE)
We're so digital  
How your words roll off my phone
With how're you're feeling 
You give me that fun I'm craving

(Oh) We're so physical
How your touch won't let me go  
With such precision
You're my only vision (hey)

(PRE-CHORUS) + (CHORUS)

(BRIDGE)
I fell first on the cold when I closed my eyes 
We're both on the edge of the deeper side 
Woah oh woah oh 

I felt the end coming near on my escape
You're giving me the cure to the sweetest pain 
Woah oh woah oh 

Be the one 
I'll be the one 
Be the one 
I'll be the one 

(CHORUS)

I think the vocals are a little too loud. They just don't gel well with the rest. It might be the reverb you're using as well. Ye also some timing issues.  Are they pitch shifted as well? It's a good idea overall for sure. The backing track, sounds extremely well produced, even though it's kind of drowned out a little. The lyrics seem pretty decent, maybe a little crude at times. But a nice idea for the hook. It could be really good, just needs to gel better.

Hi, the compression settings are all over the place. Sounds like you have gone for loudness, and in the process you have squashed the song. Sounds like compression chaining, with the voice being the driver, which lowers the rest of the song. I would concentrating in isolating all the instruments by mixing properly so they can all be heard without having to make the ones heard come to the front. Recording Revolution is good for loads of tips on this and have great courses.

As far as the song quality, I CAN still hear behind the production... ;) .. and it's good. The voice effect sounds very modern, but needs some automation. The song has a very modern indie sound to it, which I like. Good verses and choruses, but I would focus on either getting somebody else to record/mix/produce you, or learn the latter.

Hope that helps, in spite of being rather negative. F,

Once you get it produced well you should pitch it to pop bands and their management to cover. It sounds a lot like some of the pop-rock hits MTV produced in the 90's and 00's.

Hi I

This coulda been real fun had maybe you went with a relationship being totally run by texting. Its that electronic cold feel in the production that is a perfect back drop to the artificial concept of dating theses days via phone and the super over controlling aspect of iphones in "knowing every second of the day you can contact someone or keep tabs on them." Could make a semi-comedic video out of this song.

just my two cents worth

R-N-R Jim

Pretty good with a lot of potential.

Aside from the technical component.  A couple of thoughts or questions on the Chorus.

(PRE-CHORUS)
Ahh We'll do it in the backyard or just in the back of your dad's new car
Tell me what you like cause I'm down to give you some more!

(CHORUS)
Oh I don't mean it (Perspective doesn't mean it suggests the above Pre-Chorus is not to be taken literally to heart in a disrespectful way) hope you could see us (Hopes the love interest understands)
I keep calling out in your dreams and     But, this line.... How can the (POV) point of view keep calling out in the love interests dreams?  POV is speaking for the love interest here?  Maybe .....I keep calling out in my dreams
You'll be my number one -   I'll be your number one .......?   Sounds like the love interest already is the point of view's number one and the singer is trying to get the love interest on board.  No? To me it makes more sense to have it the other way around.

Oh you see me in all of these faces
I felt us just falling to pieces
I'll be your only one 

Words often translate differently than we envision or see them. Maybe it's just me.  Feel free to disregard the above remarks, as it is merely food for thought since you're going for this pop electronic sounding teen song. It probably won't matter all that much to your audience.