PaulCanuck

August 2017 Song Contest - Results R in!

PaulCanuck    143

Welcome to the August Song Contest – an open format contest.

For any newcomers, open format means the entry can be at any production level - from just you and your guitar to a fully orchestrated masterpiece :)

PLEASE NOTE: This month we will continue the format used last month. To enter this month's contest, you must post your song in the Songs (Inc Instrumentals) feedback forum. This contest thread will be used to show a list of links to those threads rather than the songs themselves. So to enter a song - create a new Topic in the Songs (Inc Instrumentals) forum and send me the link to it by Private Message. I will add your link to the list of entries in this thread. If you have any questions please PM me.

The timeline is as follows:

• Entries will be accepted now through Midnight Eastern Standard Time (EST) Thursday, Aug 31st, 2017.

• Voting (scorecards) will take place Fri Sept 1st through Midnight EST Sunday Sept 10th, 2017.

• Don’t start voting until I officially post the scoring instructions on Fri Sept 1st.

• You must score all other entries or your entry will be disqualified from the contest.

• I'll post the results shortly after scoring is completed.

If you plan to enter, please review the revised rules, pinned in this forum.

When posting your song to the Songs Feedback Forum, please include:

•song title

•writer credits (If it’s a collab with another Muser please make that clear by including their M/M id)

•audio link

Please include the lyrics on your post. Videos are permitted. (Voters are encouraged to refrain from watching any video until after they've scored the song.) All Musers are welcome to submit songs as contestants or score the songs as non-contestants. Any questions or problems should be sent to me (paulcanuck) via private message (PM).

Artist

Song

Eric Borgos

The Wonder Years

Dan James

Wasting My Time

Thunder Waves

Bag of Anger

RoadDog

All About the Rims

Triffid

Begin Again

ScenesFromPalacio

The Other Summer

Jambrains

The Curse Of Shane MacGowan

Tony P

You Found Me

We have 8 songs in the August 2017 Song contest!!!

Now it's time to score.

PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR SCORES:

1. Please send your scores via PM with the title "AUGUST SONG SCORES."

2. When you send me your scores, put the number to the left of the song title, like this: “1.5 - Song Title.”

3. Also important…leave a blank spot for your song, but keep the title in the list. For example, if your song title is “She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger”* your scores should look like this:

4.5 Song Title

3.0 Song Title

....  She Got The Ring And I Got The Finger

1.5 Song Title

4. Please read and rate each song using the scoring table below (Scores of 1.0 and 5.0 should be rare). Copy and paste the list at the bottom of this post and insert your score to the left of each title. Then send your scores to me (PaulCanuck) in a Private Message before Midnight, (EST) Sunday, September 10th, 2017.

- Do not rank the songs, from 5 down to 1; use the criteria below

- Do not rank the songs against each other; use the criteria below

- Do not score your own song

1.0 - Excellent

1.5 - Almost Excellent

2.0 - Very Good

2.5 - Good

3.0 - Above Average

3.5 - Average

4.0 - Below Average

4.5 - Poor

5.0 - Very Poor

IF YOU HAVE ENTERED A SONG IN THIS CONTEST YOU MUST SUBMIT A SCORE FOR ALL OTHER ENTRIES BEFORE THE DEADLINE OR YOUR SONG WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AS AN ENTRY - SO THERE!!  OTHERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SCORE SONGS AS WELL.

Please note that I reserve the right to give everyone's entry a score equal to the average of the scores they have given others to ensure no one can benefit from bias or being unduly harsh to the other entries. Here's the list again:

Artist

Song

Eric Borgos

The Wonder Years

Dan James

Wasting My Time

Thunder Waves

Bag of Anger

RoadDog

All About the Rims

Triffid

Begin Again

ScenesFromPalacio

The Other Summer

Jambrains

The Curse Of Shane MacGowan

Tony P

You Found Me

Good Luck Everyone!

Man it was a tight race right up to the finish line. But the results are in and......

Gold Medal goes to ScenesFromPalacio The Other Summer
Silver Medal goes to Jambrains - The Curse of Shane MacGowan
Bronze Medal goes to Triffid - Begin Again

ScenesFromPalacio The Other Summer  1.5 2.5 3.0 1.5 3.0 2.5 1.5 3.0 2.0 2.0 2.5 3.0 28.0
Jambrains The Curse Of Shane MacGowan  2.5 3.0 2.0 2.5 3.5 3.0 1.5 2.5 2.0 2.5 2.5 1.5 29.0
Triffid Begin Again  2.5 3.0 1.0 2.0 4.0 3.0 2.0 3.5 2.5 2.5 2.0 2.0 30.0
Eric Borgos
The Wonder Years  1.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 2.0 3.5 2.5 3.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 3.0 31.0
Dan James
Wasting My Time  2.0 2.0 2.5 3.0 3.0 3.0 2.0 4.0 3.5 2.5 2.0 2.5 32.0
Tony P You Found Me  2.5 3.5 2.0 1.5 2.5 4.0 3.0 2.5 2.5 3.0 3.5 3.5 34.0
Thunder Waves Bag of Anger  3.5 1.5 2.5 2.5 3.5 2.5 3.0 4.0 3.5 3.0 3.5 3.0 36.0
RoadDog All About the Rims  3.0 3.5 3.0 4.5 3.0 2.0 2.5 4.0 4.0 3.0 3.5 2.5 38.5

Thanx for voting The Other Summer winner for this month..Lots of cool songs in this months comp..Cheers to the non-contestant voters & kudos to Paul for running it :)