dalezjc

Feedback Requested on Blues-Rock Song

dalezjc    0

Greetings everyone!

Brand new to the forum and am really looking forward to getting some feedback from everyone!    Below is a link to a blue-rock instrumental I've recently recorded.  My inspiration comes from Peter Green, Gary Moore, Robben Ford, and Paul Kossoff.  I've just recently learned about scales and modes and wanted to see if I could write something melodic on guitar.  Looking for feedback on the song in general and anything else you feel free to comment on!

Thanks!

Dale

Qindfish    23

Hi Dale! Descending minor sequence are the hardest to write I find, but most rewarding when you get it right. I think you've done it! Very enjoyable listen. 

I think it's dying for a vocal melody as the cherry on top, but if thats not your thing no big deal great as is!

R-N-R Jim    12

Hi D

Has that late 60s british blues thing going on. Almost could hear Clapton's voice over it. If the brits did anything for the blues was expand its melodic frontier as well as bringing it into the mainstream of the 70s. Yeah, the intro was really cool cuz you werent quite sure where it was going.

very nice

R-N-R Jim

RoadDog    24

Sounds good,  I think you indeed are on target with getting the feel of the guitarists you named (awesome list BTW)  Normally I listen to the tracks with a decent set of headphones but I'm stuck in a waiting room here so I'm listening over my phone ... so not sure if I can hear it, but in case it's not there, it would be cool to hear a note here or there bent up a tone, held for a bit, and then add some vibrato.  But I really dig your sound here and welcome!!

dalezjc    0

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!  I really appreciate it.

R-N-R Jim, good catch on the intro!  I tacked it on at the last minute because I felt I needed some sort of intro, but couldn't come up with anything creative.

Dale

PaulCanuck    143

Ah - there it is - welcome!

Yep 60's bluesy rock - nice.

Needs a lyric and vocal I think and the bass player is playing like a guitar player in sheep's clothing - I like a bass that plays with the drummer, not with the lead.

The lead guitar has some interesting out-of-chord notes that give it a nice unstable twist.

All in all a fun listen

Paul

dalezjc    0

Well, I'm playing bass, drums, and rhythm guitar too!  Interesting comment about the bass playing though.  I recorded the bass track after I laid down the rhythm tracks, so I wasn't even thinking about the lead guitar at that point.   Thanks for the feedback though, I really appreciate it!

Dale

PaulCanuck    143
2 hours ago, dalezjc said:

Well, I'm playing bass, drums, and rhythm guitar too!  Interesting comment about the bass playing though.  I recorded the bass track after I laid down the rhythm tracks, so I wasn't even thinking about the lead guitar at that point.   Thanks for the feedback though, I really appreciate it!

Dale

Hi Dale - I'm not saying the bass is wrong or isn't well played. I used to play in a band with a guitar player who sometimes played bass like this. Our real bass player used to make fun and say - why are you playing so busily? No harm meant - I'm impressed you can do all that :)

Paul

dalezjc    0

No offense taken Paul!  I really like the feedback, no matter what it is.  I'm finishing up a second song so maybe I'll revisit my bass track.

Dale