fabkebab    31

We have the "great American solar eclipse" coming to many parts of America on monday 21st....

Does anyone have any plans? Are you going to be travelling anywhere?

Here's a map (on the link below) of the best chances to see the solar eclipse on Monday August 21, 2017 at least in the United States.   When & where.  

https://eclipse.aas.org/eclipse-america/when-where

fabkebab    31

I normally live in Texas, but I am heading up to idaho....

Joan    11

My guy and I are headed down Saturday for four days in Walland, Tennessee, where an old high school friend has a farm in the totality path. We’ll see the total eclipse for, I think, a minute and eight seconds. Through eclipse glasses scored from a gift shop at the Smithsonian’s Air and Space museum.

I had only just reconnected with my friend Susan a couple of weeks earlier, and had no idea she was in the path. Our place in Virginia will have something like 98 percent coverage, and that was going to be awesome enough. 

One upside of crossing the country every year by car is figuring out what friend I might take a detour to visit on the way. My parents moved away from the city where I’d gone to high school before I’d been in college for a year. So after Freshman year, I no longer had a home base to keep returning to and keep renewing those old friendships. And Susan’s not on FaceBook. If you have the chance to reconnect with someone from your deep past, I can only say this was profoundly moving and a billion times more than worth it. We were up late into the night talking about stuff, after four decades of very little contact. 

• Like 1

Barneyboy    44
On 8/12/2017 at 14:52, fabkebab said:

We have the "great American solar eclipse" coming to many parts of America on monday 21st....

Does anyone have any plans? Are you going to be travelling anywhere?

Nope, I'll be working. Don't like looking at the sun, not good on the eyes.  I wonder how many will get blinded because they get caught up with this sun gazing and no special glasses.  Anyway, I hear another one is coming in 2024 so I'm hoping to be around for all the eclipses so far this century.