I like the shape of you
When you make your way - into a room
A quick double-take is all I can do
'Cause I like the shape of you

{br}
The more complex an object, the worse
They really can get on my nerves
I hope this doesn't sound too perverse
But I prefer to watch something with curves!

But I prefer to observe

Something with curves!
So...

I like the shape of you
I like the shape of you
When you make your way - into a room
A quick double-take is all I can do
'Cause I like the shape of you

I like the shape
The model, the make
I like the shape of you!

• Like 2

man, what'd those triangles ever do to you, you shapist! LOL

also, you're a better man than me for avoiding a line about a square peg and a round hole...

cute and silly - probably fun to write

• Like 3

As clean a lyric as your gonna get. It all works perfectly. It's not exactly deep or emotional or anything but I think it's very well written and gets a big thumbs up from me

• Like 2

This was really silly and really fun to read, I can picture music behind it.  Not much I can focus on since it all works so well.  Well I guess I'll focus mainly on that then!

That's really tight writing right off the bat.  Squares could be a thing people aren't fond of, what with the old slang meaning.  That works.  Circles are endless, so that works.  Whilst the octogon thing's a bit meh by comparison it still definitely sits nicely in there and I love the thing about there being nothing "in-spiring" about a straight line!  That's pretty awesome, really strong opening.

I don't get the need for a dash in the middle of "When I make my way into a room" so I'm just gonna imagine that's some kind of musical pause or something along those lines, with the way the line's to be delivered.

The next bit only breaks out one double meaning so far as I can tell (the Uncle Sam bit) however this is perhaps a good balance.  Can't over-dazzle with stuff like that.  This is all still good stuff, this I feel possibly is where you have a listener thinking to themself "hey I get this theme going on here, that's kinda neat" and really grooving along with it nicely.  And then to punctuate it with another double meaning I'm thinking you'll elicit a kind of "hey, you did it again!" response.  Bit of time to chime, then hit 'em with the line.  Good timing in effect it would seem.

Reading the bridge plainly on a page (and yeah I'm nitpicking here), the extra syllable in the 3rd and extra two in the 4th lines compared to the 1st and 2nd is a bit distracting.  Of course this is a moot point if it works with the rhythm regardless.  But if you did want to match them up, I might suggest "I hope this don't sound too perverse" (which also jives with the playful feel of the thing) and *maybe* dropping the "to watch" to form "But I prefer something with curves".  That's all down to how much it does or don't (heh) drag the rhythm when in song form however which, obviously I can't tell here.

It ends quite crisp too.  "The model, the make" is a really nice addition.  Altogether quite a joy to read, should make for a mighty fun song.  :)

• Like 2

Very cute Paul, an interesting angle. I felt one rhyme could be improved, but not something that makes much of a difference:

I don't favour trapezoids
Most triangles - I'll avoid

Might be more interesting as

trapezoids/paranoid

If you can fit the rhythm.

As always, it's totally up to.

A fun read!

=Bob=

• Like 1

A very silly lyric, no nits.  I can hear it in my head with an upbeat melody.

• Like 1

Nice one Paul. I agree it's cute and fun.It's also very clever and well constructed. Don't know how you got the idea, but it's a great way to drive home a worthy hook. Isn't that the thing most guys notice first....her shape. Well, gals probably like the shape of some guys too. With the right music, and you always seem to manage that, it's got a catchy feel and will make a fun song. I especially love your opening two lines. What musician likes "squares"....they don't get us.B) 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2017 at 15:10, PaulCanuck said:

I hope this doesn't sound too perverse

But I prefer to observe

Something with curves!
So...

This song could, except for this bridge, be sung by a woman.

You need a backup bridge, perhaps containing:

I want my eyes to fall to rest
on chiseled abs and a barrel chest

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ron99 said:

Lol, silly heterosexuals... I can sing that no problem.
(besides, since when can't a man have sexy curves?)

• Like 2

Hi Paul, my initial observations.  I like this.  i think it needs a little work to achieve the effortless simplicity you are striving for. 

Random thought: it occurred to me that an angle is after all just a point of view. 

Nits: V1L5. Ill come to my point of view.  Hmmm.  This could use some tweaking

Any place to insert   I like the nape of you. ?   I like  the shape of you, i like the nape of you.  ( A nape is all about the curves.  )

bridge line 1.  Possible variation.  Pythagarean theorem is a curse. 

I think i will have more comments later after a second or third look. Did i forget to say this is good? Its very good. 

On 7/31/2017 at 15:10, PaulCanuck said:

The more complex an object, the worse

The more jagged?

If you hadn't brought this thing full circle, you might have been roundly criticized. 

• Like 2

Ron your puns are a hex!  Sorry but it's been oblong time coming.  :P

• Like 2

This is really good in my opinion. Especially as a musician, I think it would be fairly easy to build music around this. Just not sure about singing the word "parallelograms" Lol

• Like 1

Singing these lines in my head to the beat of that Ed Sheeran song...lol. These types of lyrics are pretty rare nowadays, you could be onto something. Very creative.

• Like 1

Sorry guys - I thought I had responded earlier :)

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎31 at 15:26, SnarkyAnarky said:

man, what'd those triangles ever do to you, you shapist! LOL

also, you're a better man than me for avoiding a line about a square peg and a round hole...

cute and silly - probably fun to write

I'm not a shapist! I'm a well rounded guy and some of my best friends are square :) Cheers for commenting!

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎31 at 15:36, LB76 said:

As clean a lyric as your gonna get. It all works perfectly. It's not exactly deep or emotional or anything but I think it's very well written and gets a big thumbs up from me

Thanks! Yeah playing in the shallow water can be a splash :)

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎31 at 18:54, Curtainjerker said:

This was really silly and really fun to read, I can picture music behind it.  Not much I can focus on since it all works so well.  Well I guess I'll focus mainly on that then!

That's really tight writing right off the bat.  Squares could be a thing people aren't fond of, what with the old slang meaning.  That works.  Circles are endless, so that works.  Whilst the octogon thing's a bit meh by comparison it still definitely sits nicely in there and I love the thing about there being nothing "in-spiring" about a straight line!  That's pretty awesome, really strong opening.

I don't get the need for a dash in the middle of "When I make my way into a room" so I'm just gonna imagine that's some kind of musical pause or something along those lines, with the way the line's to be delivered.

The next bit only breaks out one double meaning so far as I can tell (the Uncle Sam bit) however this is perhaps a good balance.  Can't over-dazzle with stuff like that.  This is all still good stuff, this I feel possibly is where you have a listener thinking to themself "hey I get this theme going on here, that's kinda neat" and really grooving along with it nicely.  And then to punctuate it with another double meaning I'm thinking you'll elicit a kind of "hey, you did it again!" response.  Bit of time to chime, then hit 'em with the line.  Good timing in effect it would seem.

Reading the bridge plainly on a page (and yeah I'm nitpicking here), the extra syllable in the 3rd and extra two in the 4th lines compared to the 1st and 2nd is a bit distracting.  Of course this is a moot point if it works with the rhythm regardless.  But if you did want to match them up, I might suggest "I hope this don't sound too perverse" (which also jives with the playful feel of the thing) and *maybe* dropping the "to watch" to form "But I prefer something with curves".  That's all down to how much it does or don't (heh) drag the rhythm when in song form however which, obviously I can't tell here.

It ends quite crisp too.  "The model, the make" is a really nice addition.  Altogether quite a joy to read, should make for a mighty fun song.  :)

Hi CJ - some really good points here - I'm still tweaking the bridge wording to fit the melody I have. Think I'll go with "I hope this won't sound too perverse". Thanks for putting in the time to review so thoroughly - all taken on board I can assure you :)

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎01 at 10:51, =Bob= said:

Very cute Paul, an interesting angle. I felt one rhyme could be improved, but not something that makes much of a difference:

I don't favour trapezoids
Most triangles - I'll avoid

Might be more interesting as

trapezoids/paranoid

If you can fit the rhythm.

As always, it's totally up to.

A fun read!

=Bob=

Thanks Bob - paranoid would be a good rhyme - haven't figured out how to fit it in yet though without losing the "triangle" shape on that line.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎01 at 14:57, Mike B said:

A very silly lyric, no nits.  I can hear it in my head with an upbeat melody.

Thanks Mike :) - the chorus melody is upbeat and hooky, the verses are slow. At least that's how it is playing in my head.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎02 at 11:24, Joey M said:

Nice one Paul. I agree it's cute and fun.It's also very clever and well constructed. Don't know how you got the idea, but it's a great way to drive home a worthy hook. Isn't that the thing most guys notice first....her shape. Well, gals probably like the shape of some guys too. With the right music, and you always seem to manage that, it's got a catchy feel and will make a fun song. I especially love your opening two lines. What musician likes "squares"....they don't get us.B) 

Thanks Joey. My wife makes delicious squares and I am fond of them .. :) but I digress. Cheers for the kind remarks :)

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎02 at 14:31, Ron99 said:

You need a backup bridge, perhaps containing:

I want my eyes to fall to rest
on chiseled abs and a barrel chest

Hi Ron - haha maybe a hairy chest :) I have no idea how to write from a female perspective so I'm not even going to try :)

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎03 at 09:16, Curtainjerker said:

Lol, silly heterosexuals... I can sing that no problem.
(besides, since when can't a man have sexy curves?)

Good point!

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎03 at 11:27, kuya said:

Hi Paul, my initial observations.  I like this.  i think it needs a little work to achieve the effortless simplicity you are striving for. 

Random thought: it occurred to me that an angle is after all just a point of view. 

Nits: V1L5. Ill come to my point of view.  Hmmm.  This could use some tweaking

Any place to insert   I like the nape of you. ?   I like  the shape of you, i like the nape of you.  ( A nape is all about the curves.  )

bridge line 1.  Possible variation.  Pythagarean theorem is a curse. 

I think i will have more comments later after a second or third look. Did i forget to say this is good? Its very good. 

Hi kuya - interesting suggs - I'll have a think. Thanks for commenting.

She liked the nape of his neck and the cut of his jib

But he lost her affection when he started to fib 

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎05 at 11:01, Onewholovesrock said:

This is really good in my opinion. Especially as a musician, I think it would be fairly easy to build music around this. Just not sure about singing the word "parallelograms" Lol

Thanks JOe - looking 4 ward to hearing your version.. Yeah parallelograms might be tough - but kaya wants us to sing Pythagarean  :)

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎07 at 15:05, Daren Glass said:

Singing these lines in my head to the beat of that Ed Sheeran song...lol. These types of lyrics are pretty rare nowadays, you could be onto something. Very creative.

Thanks for that comment! Don't follow Ed Sheeran but like most people, I've heard of him :)

• Like 2

Octagons have too many sides- That's a great line.  It would be heard to fit but how about "Parallelograms are sometimes square"

Or how about "I'm on a straight line right to you"

"Every time I leave I circle back to you"

Reminds me of high school geometry which I enjoyed.