Here's a new sketch I'm working on!

Should I Believe

Should I Believe

Is it what it seems

Are we free

Are we free

• Like 2

I dig the Arthur C. Clarke reference!  I also like the almost drone-like nature of this.  I think I like acoustic version better.  It's a little CSNY-inspired and that's good.  Maybe somehow integrate the two so that the guitar dominates and the strings add targeted embellishment?

pete

The first one is great. Love the sound on the guitar and cool vocals. Definitely needs another section to go with this initial idea though I'd say. The second version I'm not as keen on. The drumming is a little repetitive and in your face. I think the strings could be cool for sure. Kind of reminded me of Sufjan Stevens or something. I suppose you could start similar to the version and end up towards the second version. Great idea though. I'd be interested to see where you take.

Like Fleet Foxes in space! (good thing)  I really like and have no really critiques. It's obviously short and i'm unsure if thats because it's a sketch or not. Either way it's a lovely thing in it's current incarnation.

Thanks everyone! Ya the more I listened to the strings version the less I really liked it. The acoustic version has a much nicer vibe and sound.

Thanks for all the feedback!

On 14.7.2017 at 19:43, MGIFOS_SF said:

what I was trying to do in Logic. First time messing around with strings

i use logic too and a lot of time stretching - it s so cool.

Why not combine both?

Well, one problem is; these sounds often use too much space; they re this and play everywhere all the time. try to cut out the coolest bits of your time stretched audio file and create some small samples and use them in your song. that s what i do :)

Great vocal - make a song out of it.

B.

I don't play any musical instruments so I can't offer any suggestions in that area.  I did enjoy listening to both versions.... I like the mood of the music and the sparse lyrics along with the melody and vocals.  Well done!

Patticake 

This is an awesome track. I actually like both of the versions. The full demo sounds great and I love the strings, but there's something I like in the first one as well. I don't have a specific critique, just wanted to say great job.

Again, nicely done!  I must say though that in fact I like all three.    Hope you don't take that as lack of attention to detail ... but I know that I will mix and remix for hours upon end (and my stuff always sounds lo-fi)  for details that only I will hear. 

But this is a cool spacey track that I like in its various guises.

Pete

I like the second version. I'm always a fan of strings. The song seems unfinished. Needs to go to another place. Unresolved might be the word? Maybe a quick bridge and then back to the main movement. Nice work.

Gorgeous intro. Overall the draft is still quite rough, but I really like where you're going with it. 

(EDIT: talking about your original Logic post; I haven't gone through the thread yet) 

(EDIT2: One thing that didn't manifest which I was expecting/desiring was the opening strings to continue with the percussion that came in. They are operating in different tempos/times, and the contrast would be lovely. If it is there, it gets too buried to notice. I think that at the very least, keeping that in the intro would be great. Maybe refrain from adding other non-percussive middle instrumentation for a few bars or so.) 

I added some more vocals to the front end. Kinda veered away from the original "should I believe" lyric from above.

This has a cool vibe, and sounds like "Who-ish ELP" (emerson lake palmer)

What are your plans for this? I'd be interested in hearing where this goes.

Peace,

TC

So this is kinda interesting. I took the original version of this song and reversed it (see below). I liked the vocal parts backwards a lot so I basically recorded another version that is inspired by what I heard. 

If we wanted

We can have it

Be alive

It's our time

Wow, sounds really good and touching... I could imagine hearing this on the radio lol 

Do you play acoustic guitar? I write songs but don't play any instruments... I've only joined this forum again after being a member back in 2014 and I'm looking for people to help out with my song lyrics so if you wanna work with me sometime let me know :)

Good work! 

Nice guitar. Love the whole vibe of the tune.

Listened to the first post only so far but love what I'm hearing - I am digging the almost drone-like feeling - I'll have a listen to the others later.

Cool though

Hey everyone! Thanks @RealKevM and @daryl1968!

Ya I like the droning nature of this also. It's supposed to be kinda hypnotizing. I think I'm gonna see what adding some harmonies to the "Be Alive" track sounds like. Will update!

Also, I did this video below. FYI this is recorded in binaural audio using a product that a good friend of mine created. Has a nice sound.

I sped it up here and switched up the guitar rhythm. What do you think?

You've got a special song there mate. Love this newer version.