Hello, 

I am a musician from Austria. I am good with melodies and ok with the production, but not too good with lyrics and vocals. 

So I am looking for a collaborator. It could be a Vocalist who can write Lyrics or a Lyricist who can sing. Not too important :). 

My plan would be to "compose a song" (melody and produce the backing track) and YOU could then write the lyrics and sing. You would be free to write about, whatever you were about to write about... :) 

For example. I have a song that was written by myself. It was produced by a friend - when I produce something it sounds a bit..."more unique" :). It has german Lyrics. It would be lovely to have the song sung with Englisch Lyrics... 

http://www.soundclick.com/html5/v3/player.cfm?type=single&songid=13421534&q=hi&newref=1

So if anyone is interested...please contact me :) 

• Like 1

Not sure about how to help you with the lyrics part. However, if you’re looking to collaborate with professional singers, musicians, and engineers on future projects, you should definitely try Tunedly. It’s an online music recording studio, where all musicians are vetted, so you don’t have to spend precious time doing background checks to ensure you’re working with professionals.

• Like 2

On ‎05‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 17:03, mylene said:

Not sure about how to help you with the lyrics part. However, if you’re looking to collaborate with professional singers, musicians, and engineers on future projects, you should definitely try Tunedly. It’s an online music recording studio, where all musicians are vetted, so you don’t have to spend precious time doing background checks to ensure you’re working with professionals.

Hello Mylene. Thank you for using my request for self-marketing

On 8/6/2017 at 06:57, Burnin_Sven said:

Why is it important to make sure you work with professionals Mylene?

Hi there, working with professionals ensures you get the best results. And that is especially important if you are making music for commercial purposes. The thing is, people who you might want to share your music with, including publishers, record label owners, artists, and music supervisors, are looking to hear a certain quality of sound, one that only professionals can provide. So, working with professionals ensures you get the right type of sound and quality which increases your chances for success in your music career. Also, surrounding yourself and working with professional musicians, will increase your own skill. Working with musicians at your own level, will increase your own skill level much slower. Always practice/work with the best. Lastly, if you get your car fixed reliably, you expect a professional, correct? If you are sick and go to a doctor, you expect a professional, correct? This applies to any service you seek, if your plan is to use the outcome professionally or reliably. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:03, mylene said:

Hi Mylene. It’s very generous of you to join this site mainly to invite collaborations at the site you cofounded, and also to “follow you” at another site!

40 minutes ago, 14music said:

Hi Mylene. It’s very generous of you to join this site mainly to invite collaborations at the site you cofounded, and also to “follow you” at another site!

Let's summarize this thread: 

Person asks for singer and lyricists - The request 

Lyricist offers help but says can't sing - 100% value added

Co-Founder of a platform which connects songwriters to singers, where songwriters can set their own budget to collaborate with said singers, suggests to look for a singer there - 100% value added

14music joins discussion, not addressing the request, only trying to be funny and failing at it - 0% value added
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2017 at 10:03, mylene said:

You know what, thank you for your response Mylene. As someone who has been faced with the same issue, your reply is the most useful one I've seen so far in bringing me to a solution. Thanks again

9 minutes ago, Daren Glass said:

You know what, thank you for your response Mylene. As someone who has been faced with the same issue, your reply is the most useful one I've seen so far in bringing me to a solution. Thanks again

No problem, I’m happy my reply could be helpful to someone on here. To be honest, I had stayed away from Muse’s Muse after Jodi, the previous owner, handed over the website. However, someone recommended I join another community, and in checking it out, I came back to this forum and decided to jump back in.

48 minutes ago, Chris Erhardt said:
Let's summarize this thread: 
Person asks for singer and lyricists - The request 
Lyricist offers help but says can't sing - 100% value added
Co-Founder of a platform which connects songwriters to singers, where songwriters can set their own budget to collaborate with said singers, suggests to look for a singer there - 100% value added
14music joins discussion, not addressing the request, only trying to be funny and failing at it - 0% value added

And you're another co-founder of that forum too. Stop spamming.

=Bob=

2 hours ago, =Bob= said:

And you're another co-founder of that forum too. Stop spamming.

=Bob=

Yup, and a member here since 2015 my friend ;-) 

Let's see, definition of spam: "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients." 

Hmm, really, that's what I'm doing? I don't think so. 

But, what I do see from some users (not calling any names here) is this:

Definition of Trolling: "make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

• Like 1

Perhaps SPAM isn't the right word. Still, your posts seem to fit better in the Self Promotion & Advertisements section.

My apologies for the SPAM word. I shall not respond further.

=Bob=

4 hours ago, mylene said:

Hi there, working with professionals ensures you get the best results. And that is especially important if you are making music for commercial purposes. The thing is, people who you might want to share your music with, including publishers, record label owners, artists, and music supervisors, are looking to hear a certain quality of sound, one that only professionals can provide. So, working with professionals ensures you get the right type of sound and quality which increases your chances for success in your music career. Also, surrounding yourself and working with professional musicians, will increase your own skill. Working with musicians at your own level, will increase your own skill level much slower. Always practice/work with the best. Lastly, if you get your car fixed reliably, you expect a professional, correct? If you are sick and go to a doctor, you expect a professional, correct? This applies to any service you seek, if your plan is to use the outcome professionally or reliably. 

Sorry but there is no way to be sure an amatuer could not do it just as good. You see making music it is nothing like going to the doctor at all. And the concept quality is not cut in stone when it comes to music it varies a lot depending on who is listening to the piece. In my case I am a professional carmechanic and lots and lots of amateur carmechanics throughout the world beat me in fixing cars so... Mostly cause they have the time they need at hand but still.... when a pro carmechanic works against the clock so the customer gets it in time as promised.

When I go shopping for food I hear pro music in the speakers over the frozen meat counters and to be honest with you even if it is recorded and processed proffessionally all the way through to a finnished product it sucks so bad. You can get to hear lots of different genres there but its the same it becomes some kind of wallpaper or something at the best and I do not think about it as music at all.

I do not want to be rude or anything but the pro concept is just not my thing, it does not really say much besides that there is money involved.

And I like amatuer music even the music I make myself

Music should be fun not comercial. Check out this Chinese music video 

39 minutes ago, Burnin_Sven said:

Sorry but there is no way to be sure an amatuer could not do it just as good. You see making music it is nothing like going to the doctor at all. And the concept quality is not cut in stone when it comes to music it varies a lot depending on who is listening to the piece. In my case I am a professional carmechanic and lots and lots of amateur carmechanics throughout the world beat me in fixing cars so... Mostly cause they have the time they need at hand but still.... when a pro carmechanic works against the clock so the customer gets it in time as promised.

When I go shopping for food I hear pro music in the speakers over the frozen meat counters and to be honest with you even if it is recorded and processed proffessionally all the way through to a finnished product it sucks so bad. You can get to hear lots of different genres there but its the same it becomes some kind of wallpaper or something at the best and I do not think about it as music at all.

I do not want to be rude or anything but the pro concept is just not my thing, it does not really say much besides that there is money involved.

And I like amatuer music even the music I make myself

Music should be fun not comercial. Check out this Chinese music video .

Thank you for your input. Many points I can agree with in your post. Creating professional music doesn't necessarily mean "better music" as you pointed out. There is a whole lot of "professional songs" on the radio which 100% suck. However, that is a question of taste. Luckily, we all have different tastes and while I might like a song, the next person might hate the very same song. 

Now, if you're looking to commercially market your music, pitch to A&R and publishing reps, try to get it into film/TV, it is beneficial to work with "professional" musicians. It doesn't mean that the song will be more "artistic", however, it will be executed the right way and be recorded with adequate equipment. You can have the best song in the world, if it sounds amateurish, guess what, it won't go anywhere (in 99.9% of all cases, as always, exceptions confirm the rule). 

Also, if you're trying to learn and develop your own playing, songwriting, etc. you want to work with musicians who are better than you (be it pros or amateurs), but you want to surround yourself with better musicians, who will make you better since you can learn from them and strive for their level. That applies not only to music, but to everything from sports to personal lives. 

No, you are not spammers.  But, I am also not a troll to again point out what Bob pointed out - that you are posting in forums here to promote your for-profit service and website to members here, and you know damn well that the only appropriate board here for that is the advertising board.  You are not posting on this particular board because you are looking for a collaborator.  You are posting here to prey on those who are.  Again, that doesn't make you spammers.  But, for me and many others here, it does make you both worthy of be flamed.

flamethrower.gif

8 minutes ago, HoboSage said:

No, you are not spammers.  But, I am also not a troll to again point out what Bob pointed out - that you are posting in forums here to promote your for-profit service to members here, and you know damn well that the only appropriate board here for that is the advertising board.  You are not posting on this particular board because you are looking for a collaborator.  You are posting here to prey on those who are.  Again, that doesn't make you spammers.  But, for me and many others here, it does make you both assholes worthy of flaming.

flamethrower.gif

Look HoboSage, you're a funny dude, I can tell. Sorry to tell you that I'm troll proof, so your not very educated, name calling language and threats of violence (seems to be a new trend I guess) doesn't really get to me. To point out once again: Someone asked where to find a singer and the person was pointed into a direction where singers can be found, since no one else offered any help to the requester. It's not like anyone started a thread in the collaboration section trying to, God forbid, sell something to someone. 

So we have two, recent members (not Chris) who are closely associated with Tunedly posting on this thread (and others) largely promoting their site. Yes, the self-promotion is dressed up a little but it is still clearly self-promotion.

Please use the appropriate forum in future.

Thread locked.