Catching the sun..Dreaming of someone.. 

Shaking their hair 
They know that you're there 
They aint so dumb 
In the sun 
Yes they know your mind.. 

YOU CAN HEAR THEM LAUGHING 
HOPING INSIDE THAT THE JOKES NOT ON YOU 
AS YOU WATCH THEM WALKING OUT OF VIEW... 

Girls on the beach in the summertime 
empty their heads to the sky 
Gathering round to whisper aloud 
About Chico and Jaques, Ramano and Zak, Jose and Juan 
In the sun 
Yes they know your kind 

YOU CAN HEAR THEM LAUGHING 
HOPING INSIDE THAT THE JOKES NOT ON YOU 
AS YOU WATCH THEM WALKING OUT OF VIEW... 

GIRLS ON THE BEACH IN THE SUMMERTIME GO ON....

CapM    1

Steve!  How goes?  Long time!  I hope all is well with you and yours.

I thought it was a cool, throwback type of songs.  I loved it when you brought in the big guns in the middle of the first verse "Catching the sun!"

Two little nits (God, I hate that word).  The guitar intro wasn't played very well and I think should be recorded.  Or maybe just play chords or something.  Secondly, the word "dreaming" seemed awkward, like you said dream-ING instead of the normal pronunciation "DREAMing.

Classic Steve song here with the big group vocals brought in at opportune times.  Dug it!

Mutrins    19

Very cool 60s 70s vibe to this. Love when the backing vocals come in, too. 

I would have loved a HUGE chorus with soaring melodies. Something that really makes it stand out from the rest of the song. 

Lovely production here!! 

Ironknee    23

Good sound, you have here. I like the lyrics and the thoughts that they conjure....they seem so true!

Another very solid cut.......very signatured by yourself!

Good stuff!

Jambrains    3

Loads to like here, some nice progressions, lush BV, good lead vocals, nice guitars, good instrumentation/arrangement/variation and full yet clean mix. Only complaint from me would be the snare that I found a bit too up front.
Quality stuff in all aspects.

RoadDog    24

Tricky bit with 'making a play for the eye's but I like it.  'they ain't so dumb' - this is brilliant in the fine tradition of Paul Simon (my lack of education didn't hurt me none) and Pink Floyd (we don't need no education) - love it! I also really like the music.  You are still the king of indie around here!

Eric Borgos    7

Pleasant singing and music, and catchy. I like the "wa wa" guitar (or whatever that is called) at the very end.

Scotto    12

Love some of the rhythm guitar work in this piece and the overall production is right on as usual. Good stuff as usual! 

GocartMoz    1

Good stuff ... catchy uniquer melody.  Enjoyed the lyric.  Drew me in right from the get go.

fabkebab    32

Enjoyable well crafted song. I listened to it a couple of times but i have to say it didnt hold me quite as strongly as some of your other songs .

I found myself searching for your band since you have some live pictures, so see if there was any live youtube etc - I found a neat review of you playing live in bristol. 

Anyway back to the song - I liked it, but it didnt absolutely grab me throughout

This song got high marks from me (I think second place?) for the June Song contest.  My one critique is that the song felt kind of hectic-jumping from part to part.  All the different parts of the song complement each other well, but I felt like I needed to take a breath somewhere along the way.  Maybe a guitar solo somewhere in the middle would address this issue?

Cool retro sound...makes me think of go go dancers.  The backup singers are a great touch.   

R-N-R Jim    12

Hi S

Breaking all the rules and I love it. I think Ive figured out one of your influences...if I didnt no any better, this could be a 60s version of the Smiths.

Cheers

R-N-R Jim