Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Furr

Gotta make you mine

Hi there,

The basic song idea has potential.  Good start.  Here is my critique:

- Production could be improved.  Drums can be mixed better - hihat is very up front, the rest is buried, also can be mixed better - it sounds like the drums are straight out the box of (e.g. more room sound, plugin on each drum part, paral comp)

- The song drags on - gets a little boring - some ideas to add more dynamics are like changing to a more distorted tone (like when you say "working all night", adding a guitar lead part ontop for the chorus (like Man In The Box intro just before the first verse for example), changing to a crash cymbal for the chorus instead of hi-hat, take of the radio effect and sing an octave higher or harmonies for the chorus (like you do at the end), adding a second guitar one octave higher at places.

- The guitar tone is not doing it for me.  I would try different tones or try EQ-ing

Please do not take this feedback too harsh - just trying to help out.

Hey I really appreciate it! I will go mess around with your suggestions. Honestly as you could probably tell I've only been at this for a couple months so I really appreciate when someone can give me a breakdown, especially when it comes to my mixes. I'm always looking to improve so thank you!