Harreh

holiday = higher vocal range

Harreh    2

Hey guys. Werid one here. Been to Canada twice over the last 6 months. During that time lots of R+R and not much singing done. Both times I return with a much higher singing range than when I left. Nearly half an octave more (5 semitones)

What in your opinion could cause this? Cant find much on the subject

mylene    5

Let me see if I can offer a valuable response since no one else has replied. I can’t say if your experience has anything to do with Canada itself, but I took the time out to ask a friend who is a vocal coach, because I found your post intriguing. This was her response, more or less:

What happened is that relaxing and refraining from using your vocal chords did wonders for your voice each time you visited. She would recommend that you try relaxing more often, whether in Canada or elsewhere to keep your voice in optimum shape.

Good luck and it would be interesting to hear about your experiences elsewhere or whenever you revisit Canada.

• Like 1

Scotto    12

What Mylene said. When I gig on Saturdays, where I don't work all day, my vocal and range is much better. More stamina and better range. Gigs on work days cause me to have less stamina and I'll start struggling towards the end of the night sometimes. 

Harreh    2

Hey Mylene thanks very much for posing the question and responding. :) 
I suppose that does make a lot of sense. I was not under any obligation to do anything so it makes sense that I was less anxious/stressed. Had no idea such a simple thing could have such a strong effect

PaulC - how much do you want for a jar? :D