Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This is a bit complicated. Some time back I was commenting on a protest song posted here..and I jokingly suggested I write a song called "Shut, Up, Sit Down, You Lost. Lazz commented that I should write it.

At the same time I got a new guitar and effects pedal and wanted to write something with no piano (my main instrument). So I wrote this song....the only problem was although I can sing, my voice is way too wimpy for this song. So I reached out to some fellow members here to sing it for me. My first request went to jOe (Onewholovesrock)...he couldn't do it but stayed with me in writing and production help. So I then asked Scotto..who did the a great job on the vocal. I also asked another member here for help (he chooses to remain unnamed ) He added background vocals and also did a great mix. This is probably one of the few songs on this site that has REAL drums (thanks to my brother). The words on on Soundcloud

Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks,

Chaz

https://soundcloud.com/charles-silhan/you-lost

This is excellent, Charles!  I love it.  It's simple and generic enough to cross the aisle unless perhaps some are aware of the song's true intent and are offended, but I doubt it. It's funny. :P

Good musical sounds and great vocals Scotto and whoever else contributed.  Thanks to Lazz also for nudging Chaz to write the song with the title hook.

It's about time a song like this came out in light of all the political whining and complaining these days.  It's fun and a great hook by the way!

Only suggestion (not that it matters) is to have the complete hook advertised in the song title.  I think it would certainly attract more attention. 

Cheers

Mr. Buddha,

Thanks for your kind words. The song title was originally titled as you suggested... and if I had called it that, someone here would have suggested that I shorten it. Either way, it's an easy fix. It was nice to only have to worry about playing guitars and bass...thanks to some great members here. This song can be interpreted in a non-political way..for all the kids who were never taught how to lose.

Chaz

1 person likes this

Although we probably won't agree politically (I'm making an assumption, could be wrong), I think the song is catchy and clever. I usually would lean toward not giving too much away in the title, I agree that the title loses its impact without the hook. 

Sounds killer Chaz! I know you worked hard on this and it shows. Can't wait to hear the next one. 

Scotto as always sounds great too!

Bravo!

JOe

Nice collab guys - poor Hillary :). Well she did sort of shut up for a while..

Production wise think it could use a bit of drive on the bass to raunch it up a bit, but otherwise stellar performances all around

Paul