Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Qindfish

In my dreams

Someone wrote lyrics to an Instrumental of mine, we're still working on the lyrics... trying to evoke victorian romantic sort of stuff. Any ideas welcome. 

 

In my dreams i'm flying 

in my dreams i have wings i have wings

in my dreams i'm flying

in the air that solitude brings

 

in my dreams i'm singing

in my dreams i'm a bird i'm a bird

in my dreams i'm singing

melodies that never are heard

 

yes life is long

soon it's gone

who knows why

time slips away 

in the end bye and bye

 

in my dreams i'm happy

in my dreams all has past all has past

in my dreams i'm happy

and I know contentment at last

 

yes life is long

soon it's gone

who knows why

time slips away 

in the end bye and bye

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How to give it hit potential? It at least needs some drums and some theatric sounding MIDI effects. Try playing around with a MIDI instrument to add an accompanying melody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marc G said:

How to give it hit potential? It at least needs some drums and some theatric sounding MIDI effects. Try playing around with a MIDI instrument to add an accompanying melody.

Thanks for listening! Not really going for a hit, this is intended for a specific folk singer who wouldn't appreciate the MIDI. Theatrical is a good call though. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like the lyrics, you drew a picture there, but the music doesn't give me the feeling that you are flying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DinaDraz said:

i like the lyrics, you drew a picture there, but the music doesn't give me the feeling that you are flying

Hmmm, good point. The current lyric draft focuses more on the dream aspect so maybe that'll help? Thanks for listening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fixed the OP for you. :)

 

I think it is lovely, my only issue is with the current presentation.  The incessant picking was really fatiguing after a while, but it is easy to imagine the melody with a different backing.  My personal choice would be no guitar at all - drop the folk concept and have the music be more spacey and atmospheric.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Oswlek said:

I fixed the OP for you. :)

 

I think it is lovely, my only issue is with the current presentation.  The incessant picking was really fatiguing after a while, but it is easy to imagine the melody with a different backing.  My personal choice would be no guitar at all - drop the folk concept and have the music be more spacey and atmospheric.  

Thanks for the fix!

 

Thanks! Re: presentation we're recording a new sketch with a very good pianist so hoping he can make the chords sound more dynamic. The space concept is cool, might make my own version in that style. I'm afraid it has to be folky though as it's a freelance request from a folk singer. Hope that whoever produces it makes it atmospheric though. Thanks for listening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.