Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MGIFOS_SF

"For You"

This is one I've been working on. Two versions of the same song. What do you think?

Like the fast guitar. Nice dramatic kind of start. Gives me a Who vibe. Nice harmonies layered in. Great effect. Feels like just the start of a song. Leaves me wanting more of it. Take that big intro to a big lift right into a big song. Has that iconic rock kind of feel to it for me. I want more!! (which is a good thing)

Hope that helps. 

You have a good start on this production. The 1.20 intro is a little long for a intro. It is said the first 10 seconds of a song will grab you or spit you out, this one grab's you. The attack on the strings is a little strong compared to the vocals. Not sure if you should use a limiter or soft compression on the guitar...."it really peaks out"

Great start....thanks for sharing and looking forward to a end production.

Thanks! I have another part to this song but I haven't figured out a way to connect the two yet. That's what I'm working through.

Here's the other part that would be in the same key and tuning:

Definitely like the 2nd version better.  Good Luck 

Thanks! I've been trying to listen to some Who songs as mentioned above by @Scotto. Anyone have any recommendations? Or anything else that people think this vibes with?

That syncopated guitar gets me a little like the keyboard build in Won't get fooled again but it is broader. A part in and of itself. It's own idea. I'm a little off my rocker so cool if you don't hear it. Such a cool riff. 

Thanks!