Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Nameless Untold

March Song Contest (1+1 Format)

Welcome to the March Song Contest – a 1+1 Format contest.

For any newcomers, 1+1 means the entry is limited to one instrument and one voice. No doubling, harmonies, extra instruments, etc. Think open mic and you'll get the picture.

I will be hosting this month so PM me with any questions please.

The timeline is as follows:

• Entries will be accepted now through Midnight Mountain Standard Time (MST) Monday, March 27th.

• Voting (scorecards) will take place Tuesday, March 28th through Midnight (MST) Sunday, April 2nd.

• Don’t start voting until I officially post the scoring instructions on March 28th.

• I'll post the results shortly after the April 2nd voting deadline. (hopefully only a day or two)

If you plan to enter, please review the revised rules, pinned in this forum.

When posting your song, please include:

•song title

•writer credits (If it’s a collab with another Muser please make that clear by including their M/M id)

•audio link

Please include the lyrics on your post. You may include a small introduction about your song but any other text may be removed by the moderator. Videos are permitted. (Voters will be encouraged to refrain from watching any video until after they've scored the song.)

All Musers are welcome to submit songs as contestants or score the songs as non-contestants. Any questions or problems should be sent to me (Oswlek) via private message (PM).

Good Luck Everyone!

Michael

A song about Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 that disappeared on 8 March 2014.

Three - Seven - Oh
Copyright © 2016 Tennyson Road Music

Kuala Lumpur
Departing for
A China shore
A pin of light
Against the night
Then out of sight

Three, seven, oh - Where did you go?
Where have you taken those precious souls?
We're searching the horizon for your ivory wings
And awaiting their arrival in Beijing

These weary eyes
Will never weep
Until they know
These worried minds
Will never sleep
Until they're home

Where have you taken those precious souls?
And awaiting their arrival in Beijing

Three, seven, oh - Where have you gone?
What about those mothers and those fathers?
Three, seven, oh - What have you done?
What about their sons?
What about their daughters?

These weary eyes
Will never weep
Until they know
These worried minds
Will never sleep
Until you bring them home

Where have you taken their precious souls?
As we wait for their arrival,
We still pray for their survival
As we wait for their arrival in Beijing

Three, seven, oh..
Where did you go..?

Well I'd love to enter this but I'm on travel again for work and my latest 1+1 is not ready for prime time yet!  But I can vote when the time comes.

Hopefully this will be one of many late entries! 

Don't Doubt My Heart

by David Butler

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13547664

You're the one who's on my mind
Who makes me feel like I am blind
To anyone, and anything but you

You're the one who sets me right
Who makes me want to win this fight
There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do

Well I know
You're not so sure
About my love

But let me show
You that you're all
I ever dreamed of

Don't doubt my heart
If you tell me I'm not dreaming
If you love me I'm not leaving

Don't make this hard
I only want to love you
It's all that I can do

So pick me up and put me straight
I won't resist or hesitate
I'd stay right here or run away with you

Yeah you're the one who's on my brain
You've tied me up I can't explain
To anyone just what I feel for you

And I know
You're not so sure
That I'm sincere

But let me show
You that I'm all
You need right here

Don't doubt...

So what can I do
To persuade you
That I won't love you
And betray you
How can I say any more?
I've loved you from the start
I love each and every part
Don't doubt my heart

Don't doubt...

Little Stones

Collab between myself and Doug Haberman (LyriCAL)

The elders said the girls were heathens
For knocking on Eden’s door
Said the girls would have to feel the ache
For mistakes too big to ignore

The elders sent the girls far away
To pray to ATONE FOR the shame
Said there’d have to be a sacrifice
Of lives that bore no blame

(Chorus)
Little stones, little stones
They deserved… little stones... in the corn
But the powers that be
Didn’t want you and me
To learn they’d even been born

Verse
The sisters busy in the garden
Hearts hardened for the work to be done
Planting bulbs that wouldn’t ever grow
NO MATTER the warmth of the sun

(Chorus)
But the powers that be
Didn’t want you and me

(Bridge)
Faith, hope, and charity
It comes through with such clarity
For them, this home had no room
It’s a dark and eternal disgrace
A DRAIN THE HOLY place
To hide the babies’ tomb

(Chorus)
But the powers that be
Didn’t want you and me

There You Are

I can't see the light

That big old sun

shines into a car

There You Are....

Alone once again

I need someone

To swing on like a star

There You Are...

I scented the night

when i was a boy

the moment the actress came..

Hung up like a dress

fumbled in the dark,

whispering out her name..

Morning stained in a room of toys

that were broken...

Saturdays love is Sundays drowned

I stumble out the bar

There You Are....

Nice to see you all!

"THE BETTER MAN"

By Tom Tognaci

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13549508

There you go again, always out for blood

Got your fist high in the air, dragging history through the mud

And in your mind, I guess, that makes you the better man

Always up for the fight with a bull horn in your hands

Got your three-piece suit, and all, shouting your demands

Yea, we saw you on the evening news, but who’s the better man?

The fancy clubs, the limousine, paid for by the sweat of someone else,

Is more your style than any dream for something bigger than yourself

Good grief, man, can you tell me how you sleep at night?

Are your haunts the heroes that you gave up without a fight?

What do you see, man, when the mirror gets inside your head?

Isn’t your heart screaming, standing up, just reaching out instead…

…for the better man?

See, there you go again, like fuel on a blaze

Got the zombies on the march, chanting their brand new catch phrase

Burning bridges, and building walls….so, who’s the better man?

Sowing the seeds of discontent, the fault’s always with someone else

Every crises becomes an event, an advertisement to yourself

Good grief, man, can you tell me how you sleep at night?

Are your haunts the heroes that you gave up without a fight?

What do you see, man, when the mirror gets inside your head?

Isn’t your heart screaming, standing up, just reaching out instead…

…for the better man?

Another tragedy, you won’t let go to waste

Get your angry, outraged look, mold it to your face

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who’s the better man?

Scoring is now open.

PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR SCORES:

1. Please send your scores via PM with the title "MARCH SONG SCORES."

2. When you send me your scores, put the number to the left of the song title, like this: “1.5 - Song Title.”

3. Also important…leave a blank spot for your song, but keep the title in the list. For example, if your song title is “Seven Heart Stones Are better” your scores should look like this:

4.5 Song Title

3.0 Song Title

....Seven Heart Stones Are better

1.5 Song Title

4. Please read and rate each song using the scoring table below (Scores of 1.0 and 5.0 should be rare). Copy and paste the list at the bottom of this post and insert your score to the left of each title. Then send your scores to me (The Nameless Untold) in a Private Message before Midnight, Midnight (MST) Sunday, April 2nd.

- Do not rank the songs, from 5 down to 1; use the criteria below

- Do not rank the songs against each other; use the criteria below

- Do not score your own song

1.0 - Excellent

1.5 - Almost Excellent

2.0 - Very Good

2.5 - Good

3.0 - Above Average

3.5 - Average

4.0 - Below Average

4.5 - Poor

5.0 - Very Poor

IF YOU HAVE ENTERED A SONG IN THIS CONTEST YOU MUST SUBMIT A SCORE FOR ALL OTHER ENTRIES BEFORE THE DEADLINE OR YOUR SONG WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AS AN ENTRY.

Please note that I will be giving each entry a score equal to the average of the scores they provide to ensure no one can benefit from bias or being unduly harsh to the other entries.

Here are the entries to score:

Three - Seven - Oh - PaulCanuck

Don't Doubt My Heart - IyD

Little Stones - Fabkebab

There You Are - ScenesFromPalacio

The Better Man - Ironknee

Good luck!

The results are in!

What a close competition. As results trickled in we had three-way tie for first place for quite a while it wasn't until the last vote that a clear winner emerged.

Congratulations everyone.

1st Place

Little Stones - Fabkebab

Second Place
a 3-way tie

Third place Place

Three - Seven - Oh – PaulCanuck             2.5, 2.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 3.5, 3.5, 3.0 -- Total 22.5 – Avg. 2.81

Don't Doubt My Heart – IyD                     3.0, 2.5, 3.0, 1.5, 3.5, 3.0, 3.0, 2.5 -- Total 22.0 – Avg. 2.75

Little Stones – Fabkebab                         3.0, 2.5, 2.5, 2.5, 3.0, 2.5, 3.0, 2.5 -- Total 21.5 – Avg. 2.69

There You Are - ScenesFromPalacio          3.0, 2.5, 2.5, 2.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.5, 3.5 -- Total 22.0 – Avg. 2.75

The Better Man – Ironknee                      2.0, 3.0, 2.0, 2.5, 2.5, 2.0, 4.0, 3.5 -- Total 22.0 – Avg. 2.75

Congrats to all and Thank you to this month's non-contestant voters, BarneyBoy and Iggy.

Note: I did not include the average in your score totals as they did not have any impact on the outcome, however I did add them next to the totals to illustrate just how close a race this was.

Thanks again for entering and taking the time to listen to your fellow artists' music. :)

scores.png

Hey I came in third! :D

Seriously - congrats to Fab for a wonderful interpretation of lyriCal's poignant lyrics!

All entries were top notch in my books.

I'll dig up my notes later..

Paul

Thanks all and well done @lyriCAL

I will similarly offer my comments in a bit (when I get home!) - It was a smaller competition than normal, but something to enjoy in all the songs for sure!

CONGRATS TO FAB........and everyone else  :P

Well, that was a bit anti-climactic :mellow: I hate big ties:huh:

And although I liked all of the songs, I did have my favorites. But, what I did, was I gave everyone a score of 2.5. 

Three - Seven - Oh - PaulCanuck....A very good song, all around, with a good melody, strong lyrics, and good music. The recording was nice.

Don't Doubt My Heart - IyD..........Another very good song, all around, good melody, good lyrics, and decent music. Not my favorite recording of yours...but, still a good write

Little Stones - Fabkebab...............A terrific piece of music, good melody, didn't understand the lyrics at all.....I was lost at the corn. And I really tried to understand the words afterwards (put my glasses on, and all)...a super recording, never-the-less.

There You Are - ScenesFromPalacio....Another outstanding piece of music, good melody, easy and comprehensible lyrics....and a beautiful recording.

The Better Man - Ironknee....just trying to write from the heart, instead from the head.

Anyways......I would like to know why someone thought my song was below average? Did you think that the song was written in an unstable fashion? I think a 4 is pretty harsh.....what say you??;)

Thanks to the Nameless Untold for running this, and to all the voters.......especially, the four voters who didn't vote my song with their lowest score:D

Thanx alot to Nameless Untold for running this and to non -contestant voters..

Definitely a first for musesmuse when 80% of the entrants qualify for SOTY :D

Three - Seven - Oh - PaulCanuck  -Sad eyed piano ballad..Some nice chromatic chord changes w

Don't know what three seven oh means but its an enjoyable track 

Don't Doubt My Heart - IyD -Pleasant fingerpicking ballad with a kinda innocent charm a bit like Donovan 

Little Stones - Fabkebab -Lyrical folk ballad with a storytelling quality..Well performed..Middle 8 was my favourite part musically -Thought that was cool

There You Are -ScenesFromPalacio - Song from a few years ago i tried recording properly a couple of years ago but it didn't sound right..Like it as a song 'cos it has a strong individual personality.

The Better Man - Ironknee -Thought this was really good for a 1+1..Great vocal performance..Bob Dylanish folk song in style.. Thought it was melodic, natural n had a good energy n presence..Was my winner this month

8 hours ago, Ironknee said:

Little Stones - Fabkebab...............A terrific piece of music, good melody, didn't understand the lyrics at all.....I was lost at the corn. And I really tried to understand the words afterwards (put my glasses on, and all)...a super recording, never-the-less.

Unless I am mistaken the song is about girls sent away to have babies that would be buried in a corn field with out head stones to hide the shame of becoming pregnant outside of marriage. I thought the lyrics where quite powerful but it did take until the end of the song to figure it all out but the aha moment really hooked me.

4 hours ago, ScenesFromPalacio said:

Three - Seven - Oh - PaulCanuck  -Sad eyed piano ballad..Some nice chromatic chord changes w

Don't know what three seven oh means but its an enjoyable track 

The Three seven oh is the flight number of the plane that went down.

Congratulations, Andrew! We had a lot of back-and-forth (in a good way) about how to make this work so this is a nice payoff, eh? I'm grateful you contacted me about collaborating, which I'd like to see more musicians here do. I enjoyed all the songs in the competition. I thought Tom's was an instant classic folk song, Steve's was another of his pop jewels, and Paul's was a touching and beautifully rendered tribute to the flight's lost passengers with just the right little bit of Asian spice thrown in. Don't Doubt My Heart is very sweet.

For what it's worth, Andrew saw my lyric in the lyrics forum after there'd been considerable discussion about its meaning. It's a story ripped from the headlines about 800 or so Irish babies found buried in the yard of a Catholic home where pregnant girls used to be sent away. The burials apparently dated back to the '50s but were recently brought to light by an intrepid researcher who, if I recall correctly, lives in the very town where it all happened. You'll have to ask Andrew about "in the corn." ;)

Here are my notes FWIW:

Don't Doubt My Heart
quaint love song. Nice vocals and guitar (uke?).

Little Stones

lyrics really good. Nice vocals. I found the 6/8 timing a bit too upbeat for the sad story.

There You Are
Pro sounding recording. Quality guitars and vocals. Must admit I took a bit off for the echo effects in a 1+1.

The Better Man
nice picking great vocals.

Three-Seven-Oh

Going to major chords in chorus is maybe too pure for a sad song. Vocals a bit sloppy in places.

Nice to be the only piano piece in the mix :D

Hi Joe - I can completely understand your annoyance at scoring a "4", since had it been a higher score it would have been enough to propel you into 1st place. We were all so close. I also note that we all got scores of 2.5 or 3.0 for most of our songs, so anyone could have won based on the tiniest subjective choice.

For my part, here was my feedback

Three Seven Oh - 
Solid song, good piano work. I think the best bit about this was the idea of the song - about writing something as topical as this mysterious, missing flight. I think I would have liked a bit more subtelty in the lyrics (since I thought everyone would know the topic, giving you a change to go beyond something which was purely narrative - but overall this got points for being a fresh idea

Little Stones- 
I liked the lyric and i think this is the 2nd take of the song after some lyrical to-ing and fro-ing. Recorded like with my zoom mic. Lyrically I picked corn for the folky rhyme. LyriCAL said it would be confusing and he was right

Dont Doubt my heart - 
Nice upbeat song, played and performed nicely. I think you have a relentlessly upbeat approach, which is appealing but at the same time the score was a little lower for me because this particular song didnt present that really neat musical turn or spark which made it stand alone

there you are
This was my winner this month - I wouldnt absolutely say I liked the song- it was too confusing and fractured for me to "get into" it, but it did drip with ideas and originality, and that pushed it over the line for my top score. It was fun to hear how far you took 1+1

the better man -
I liked this, I felt it could easily be a "Donald Trump" song - perhaps not intended, but your vote may have been by someone based on politics. Not from me, it was my 2nd pick. I could imagine it being a nice b-side to the "She's In Love" song, the voice and recording are excellent. Again I think I was looking for a surprise. Perhaps the closest I got was that rising held note at the end of each verse

good job all - we were all extremely close - no outstanding songs but no turkeys either!

7 hours ago, PaulCanuck said:

Must admit I took a bit off for the echo effects in a 1+1.

That's a weird one..It makes the track more interesting/dramatic  & is allowed in the rules -yet i know full well at the same time i'm gonna get marked down for it by many here haha..I'll do it anyway tho  since my integrity is in making the song sound as interesting as i can for MY ears..

It's one example of why i've never felt i really "fit in " at the muse..There's a very strong Americana/country/folk puritan aesthetic in the majority of members here , who totally associate good songwriting with coming only from those traditions..Clearly delineated song - structures, easy chord progressions and narrative/literal focussed lyrics which always make perfect sense read seperately from the music..

I've got respect for those styles -but could never ever feel tied to them and don't think my music fits with any of them really

22 minutes ago, ScenesFromPalacio said:

That's a weird one..It makes the track more interesting/dramatic  & is allowed in the rules -yet i know full well at the same time i'm gonna get marked down for it by many here haha..I'll do it anyway tho  since my integrity is in making the song sound as interesting as i can for MY ears..

It's one example of why i've never felt i really "fit in " at the muse..There's a very strong Americana/country/folk puritan aesthetic in the majority of members here , who totally associate good songwriting with coming only from those traditions..Clearly delineated song - structures, easy chord progressions and narrative/literal focussed lyrics which always make sense read seperately from the music..

I've got respect for those styles -but could never ever feel tied to them and don't think my music fits with any of them really

I just want to say, before I head off to bed, that you shouldn't go after the Americana/country/folk here. Anyways.....if that were true about the puritan genre ruling class, I'd be bored out of my mind. I like the assortment we get here at the Muse. As far as the 1+1 rules, I think reverb, echo, delay, etc., all works nicely, as long as it's something that can be easily brought to the coffee house for a one-man show.

Anyways...goodnight.......and rest assured, Steve, you have a tasteful tune......IMHO B)

4 hours ago, ScenesFromPalacio said:

..It makes the track more interesting/dramatic

That was my point - thank you for making it :)

I have never heard echo on vocals at an open mic - but I don't get out much.

As far as Americana/country/folk goes, to me all 1+1 songs fall into that category (including yours - sorry :) ) because of the stripped back approach.

BTW - IMO you are a very talented guy who fits in here perfectly :)

The conversation here sounds like some may have hurt feelings about the outcome. May I offer some advice if this is the case for you. When I enter one of these contest I realize that I am not at the level of many that will enter. So, I set a goal hoping to reach at least an average score above 3.5 and I try not to worry where it puts me in the placing. If that means I am last, that it okay so long as I reach my goal. If not I know I have more work to do. I have not done much better than a 3.0 on any, but this feels like a win for me. All of you scored an average above 3.0 which means the average listener thought your song was above average. This is a win for everyone in my book. You should all feel wonderful about your scores.

Three - Seven - Oh - PaulCanuck  - I remembered this from the lyric forum. I'll admit that I was biased against it from the start as a lyric it was not one of yours that I liked. I guess it felt exploitative to me when reading it. However upon listening you made sound like a tasteful tribute. Your piano playing really won me over on this song. the way you presented it gave me a much better understanding of your lyrics and overcame my bias.

Don't Doubt My Heart - IyD - This was my favorite. I love the feel of this song. I am sucker for a good love song.

Little Stones - Fabkebab - The great lyrics in this one. Once I figured out what the little stones were, my mind put meaning to the word corn. It was easy to think that a corn field was where the babies where buried. Quality playing as well.

There You Are -ScenesFromPalacio - Great guitar playing. Very nice delivery. I thought the vocals were quite nice and had no problem with the echo. The lyrics were confusing and hard to find meaning in, but not enough for me to mark the song down. For someone like me who tries to find the meaning in every lyric, being able to make me not care what the song is about is quite a feat. Nice going.

The Better Man - Ironknee - Wonderful playing on this. Very nice melody that easily got stuck in my head. For what sounds like a protest song I like the soft delivery instead of a hard angry one. It made it much more likable for me.

For what its worth the 4.0 you earned from one voter (I will not
divulge who, that will be up to them) is in line with how everyone else voted. If you look at the scores by column you will notice that no votes varied more than 1.5 from their best to worst scores. Most were with in 1.0 and that particular column the best score was a 3.0 and the worst a 4.0 so this voter must have had higher expectations of all the songs than the rest of us, but still in line with our thinking.

Thanks for your thoughts Nameless.......but I still would like to know from the scorer himself.. It's not like I'm going to take up my revenge :lol:

Yet, a 4 is still "below average", and I would like to know where that opinion is coming from.....B)

-T

On 4/3/2017 at 3:11 AM, The Nameless Untold said:

The results are in!

What a close competition. As results trickled in we had three-way tie for first place for quite a while it wasn't until the last vote that a clear winner emerged.

Congratulations everyone.

1st Place

Little Stones - Fabkebab

Second Place
we have a 3-way tie

Third place Place

Edit 2: Scores should now show up properly. Not sure why the table didn't show. I have converted it to text.

Edit 3: there was one small error when converting to text, one of Ironknee's 3.0 should have been a 2.5. it is now corrected. totals were correct though so still a 3 way tie for 2n place.

Three - Seven - Oh – PaulCanuck             2.5, 2.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 3.5, 3.5, 3.0 -- Total 22.5 – Avg. 2.81

Don't Doubt My Heart – IyD                     3.0, 2.5, 3.0, 1.5, 3.5, 3.0, 3.0, 2.5 -- Total 22.0 – Avg. 2.75

Little Stones – Fabkebab                         3.0, 2.5, 2.5, 2.5, 3.0, 2.5, 3.0, 2.5 -- Total 21.5 – Avg. 2.69

There You Are - ScenesFromPalacio          3.0, 2.5, 2.5, 2.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.5, 3.5 -- Total 22.0 – Avg. 2.75

The Better Man – Ironknee                      2.0, 3.0, 2.0, 2.5, 2.5, 2.0, 4.0, 3.5 -- Total 22.0 – Avg. 2.75

Congrats to all and Thank you to this month's non-contestant voters, BarneyBoy and Iggy.

Note: I did not include the average in your score totals as they did not have any impact on the outcome, however I did add them next to the totals to illustrate just how close a race this was.

Thanks again for entering and taking the time to listen to your fellow artists' music. :)

Hey folks.....does my score add up to 21.5 or is it me?

And since I handed everyone a 2.5, shouldn't my average score be a 2.5?

My apologies, Please forgive me.

Your total scores are correct. I have this in excel and tried to paste it in to my post which originally looked like it took. but later that day I notice the scores where not showing. In my haste to put the scores up I made errors when converting typing it out and I thought I had fixed them all but it appear not to have been the case.

Here is a pic of the scores in excel it appears a 2.0 should have also been a 2.5. Again I apologize.

scores.jpg

Also this being my 1st (and maybe last) time I have run one of these contest, I had copied and pasted the rules from the previous 1+1. I may have misunderstood the average that was being added. All the contest I have been in have added a 3.0 as the score for your own song. This is what I did, thinking that the average was added in addition to that score not in replacement of. After reading a PM sent to me I can see I was probably wrong in my thinking. I will post those results as well, but it had no impact on the outcome. It does however lower your total scores and averages a bit.

Scores-2.jpg.7ec52ae652d0ff275268cca36c96a3cc.jpg

Sooo glad to put this to rest

Sorry!

Hey Nameless!

I forgot to thank you for your efforts hosting this - it's not as easy as it looks :)

On 3/26/2017 at 0:27 PM, fabkebab said:

Little Stones

Collab between myself and Doug Haberman (LyriCAL)

The elders said the girls were heathens
For knocking on Eden’s door
Said the girls would have to feel the ache
For mistakes too big to ignore

The elders sent the girls far away
To pray to ATONE FOR the shame
Said there’d have to be a sacrifice
Of lives that bore no blame

(Chorus)
But the powers that be
Didn’t want you and me

Verse
The sisters busy in the garden
Hearts hardened for the work to be done
Planting bulbs that wouldn’t ever grow
NO MATTER the warmth of the sun

(Chorus)
But the powers that be
Didn’t want you and me

(Bridge)
Faith, hope, and charity
It comes through with such clarity
For them, this home had no room
It’s a dark and eternal disgrace
A DRAIN THE HOLY place
To hide the babies’ tomb

(Chorus)
But the powers that be
Didn’t want you and me

Dang man! Intense song. Really well done.....btw, I liked the "in the corn" line.

1 hour ago, PaulCanuck said:

Hey Nameless!

I forgot to thank you for your efforts hosting this - it's not as easy as it looks :)

You are correct sir. Thank you and everyone else for your understanding.

1st Place

a 2-way tie

Little Stones - Fabkebab

The better Man - Ironknee

I am so sorry for the errors. I humbly ask you forgivness

Second Place
a 2-way tie

Third place Place

scores.thumb.png.1200f2fe5a2fb26d741b53791190c423.png

Edit 04/06/17 3:08PM MST :I apparently had a mistake in my original worksheet as well that was corrected when I transferred to text. When I tried to correct my secondary mistakes in the text I used that original worksheet. This made the one of the corrections incorrect again. I have gone back into the original score from you PM’s and copied and pasted each score individually, And that has changed the outcome. I left the mistakes in the original post for reference. I sure hope I got it right this time.

Congrats Tom! :)

At least I'm still in third - bronze medal woooo hoooo :)

1 hour ago, The Nameless Untold said:

I am so sorry for the errors. I humbly ask you forgivness

Granted........ this time:P

Hey Nameless. Don't worry about it. It happens. It even happens at the Oscars. 

Well.....a big thanks is in order, I guess :D

Thanks The Nameless Untold....and sorry for all your trouble.

Using those graphic worksheets can be tricky.

Thanks for all the kind words and understanding.

And now (after the week I had a work, the illnesses I have been fighting and the mess I made out of this) I am going to take myself a much needed long stress relieving motorcycle ride out into the desert, and hope that my voice returns soon so that I can get back to making music.

Thanks again for running this. Don't worry about the scoring - I'm just grateful as ever to have the chance to share a song and to have people forced to listen to it :D 

Well done to the winners. I'm not surprised the scores were all so close together since I had a hard time differentiating, and in the end it was probably affected by how I felt on the final play through of each. 

And thanks for the votes - given the other songwriters involved I consider mid table to be a compliment. 

A few comments:

Three - Seven - Oh - PaulCanuck  - I must admit I felt a bit uncomfortable enjoying this as a song, because it felt like the story was essentially "a tragic thing happened". That's unfair and I tried to ignore it when scoring, as you clearly put a lot of time and care into both the music and the lyric. I appreciated the tune and the feeling put into the performance. 

Little Stones - Fabkebab - A strong tune and thoughtful lyric. I wasn't sure about the specific meaning, but the general idea was clear enough and I felt I had my own interpretation after a few listens. You always have a storytelling quality to your music. 

There You Are - ScenesFromPalacio - As ever, strong playing and an original feel to the song. I'm not sure what the lyrics mean, so they didn't add much for me, but they fit well and didn't detract from the song either.

The Better Man - Ironknee - This got my top score in the end. I could listen to you play and sing all day, and I felt the lyrics had enough in them to rise above a generic protest song.