Sign in to follow this  
fabkebab

Forum suggestion for our age-old "compliance" problem

We have long had a problem with musers who are not fully following the "gentlemans agreement" where for everything they post in lyrics or music, they are expected to offer 2-4 replies to others

Perhaps the "Like" option can be a valuable tool for seeing "at a glance" who is playing nicely - When you get a critique from someone , simply "like" their post

Then when you are critiquing the work of others, you can see how high their reputation is before deciding whether you are keen to offer them your ears

Of course this theory is predicated on the assumption that reputation decays over time rather than building endlessly?

Are you suggesting someone police members to see how many 'likes' they have?  And follow through to see if the 'likes' are for critiques?  Sounds like a full-time job!

no - you see the likes as soon as you open the post. Finding out where they got their likes? That is probably going a bit far - but as a high level indication it might be good!

Sorry, I'm not following you.  So someone posts a critique and the OP then 'likes' the critique, what does that show/prove/indicate overall and how would it encourage people to do critiques?  You can see I've got '6' reputation score - so that means I'm ok to post a couple of songs for feedback?  How would you know that in 2 weeks, I hadn't done any further critiquing and posted more songs for feedback?  Or I could do one critique, but several people 'liked' my critique?  Or that I posted in a different section of the forum and got 'likes' that way?

this is a suggestion area, right?

At the moment it is an unmanaged situation... so the "reputation" score at least offers some preliminary filter