Burnin_Sven

The new look

I can understand that Sven, but tastes will differ and we were on a very old version of the software (no longer supported) and had to make the jump at some point.

This version does give us more features and I am sure everyone will get used to it quickly.

• Like 1

Salutations!

I LOVE the new Header/Font! :wub: and I love that I can keep the old Muse colour scheme in living memory :wub:.

One thing I used to find helpful was the time at the bottom of the page (especially for entry deadlines).

I am really enjoying the new changes as I find them (and read about them) on the site :). Thanks for all the work you are putting in Alistair :D.

On 1/18/2017 at 9:07 AM, Alistair S said:

I can understand that Sven, but tastes will differ and we were on a very old version of the software (no longer supported) and had to make the jump at some point.

This version does give us more features and I am sure everyone will get used to it quickly.

Are we voting on the new look?  

I would like to add to the chorus by saying thank you Alistair (and everyone else) for keeping this site going.  It would have been a shame to lose all of this. I have no complaints with any changes made, and as far as I'm concerned, keep up the great work.  I hope this is something that continues for a long long time, and continues to evolve.

Specially on an Ipad it looks really strange and I see no new features that make anything different to the better. Im sorry but I do not apreciate change if it does not mean things get better. The old look worked just fine and have been working very good over the years (Ive been around here for years not sure but I think close to 10 years (been a muses muse two times but been backed down when the site crashed etc etc so I had to start over)) and I am sure any new software would offer ways to keep that look. 

So I really hope this is just some beta testing.

thanks

Edited by Burnin_Sven
Added a few words

No, it isn't beta testing. This is how the software now looks.

The old site had a lot of bespoke work done that I not willing to redo. Because of all of that bespoke work, it couldn't be upgraded and was years out of date (and unsupported).

I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you Sven, but this is what it is now. I have't tried it on an iPad but I have tried it on both a tablet and a phone and both seem fine to me.

YMMV, of course.

• Like 1

Well, there's another acronym to fill the bucket.

Nice.

Hi Alistair

Big thanks for your hard work and dedication, 

Especially for taking the helm

all the best 

Mike Clements

It is just that I am frustrated over that everything computer or internet or phone/tablet related gets changed and updated all the time. Sooner or later that means you will have to upgrade your hardware. I personally have a bunch of very good computers that wont work on the internet today cause they cannot use the latest required software of all the sorts you need for it. They still work (and very good) for multichanell pro audio recording mixing and mastering even som light video work.

As a user here I could not see any problems what so ever with the old look and the only new feature I have seen so far is that it actually works to broadcast live to the threads now. But I take your word for it that this is easier to keep rolling.

Things change, guys.  I for one, think that Alistair is doing a great job keeping everything going.  I actually had spent quite a lot of money out of my own pocket to personalize the message boards on Muse's Muse way back when so that it matched the site.  Unfortunately, that isn't sustainable at this point - unless you guys want to come up with a fund to pay for it - and Alistair is doing this on his own without financial assistance, as far as I know.   This place continues and that's a great thing.  However it needs to happen is fine with me. :)

• Like 2

I'm just a guy doing my own thing in this world.

This site was the very first place I ever posted any of my music. I was very fortunate to have stumbled upon this site then, and I'm very happy to see it still going.

Thanks to all who have made this possible...especially Jodie and Allistair.

;-)-Tom

• Like 1

Said this in the shout box a few weeks ago - I love the changes
A lot more modern. Sure it will take a while to get used to it and but I think the changes are 100% better
I also love the colour scheme and how my icon now fits perfectly !! Haha

But seriously, its very easy on the eye, and memorable. 

I haven't been here long enough to pine for the old look, or love the new look, but....having the poster name in blue on a green background is completely unreadable, unless I blow up my screen to read who is saying what. Do you really need a colored font  for the poster name? It is truly annoying. 

4 hours ago, 9thStLine said:

I haven't been here long enough to pine for the old look, or love the new look, but....having the poster name in blue on a green background is completely unreadable, unless I blow up my screen to read who is saying what. Do you really need a colored font  for the poster name? It is truly annoying. 

Where are you seeing that? 

10 hours ago, Alistair S said:

Where are you seeing that? 

I see it too when I'm on the phone.  On a computer the name is white, but on a phone it's an unreadable blue.

34 minutes ago, HoboSage said:

Have you tried adjusting the color scheme by clicking on the paintbrush icon in the top right corner of the banner?  

I hadn't, but I just did and it appears to have no functionality.  Unlike the other three icons, clicking the paintbrush doesn't bring up any other pages or controls.  Holding it down and opening in a new window does nothing but create a duplicate of the page I was on.  

For what it's worth, I LOVE the new look ! :)But, I'm a PC-only surfer...never viewed it via smartphone.

Tom

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoboSage said:

That's weird.  When I click on the paintbrush icon it brings up a rainbow palate from which colors can be chosen, along with a virtual fader that seems to operate as a variable control for color intensity or contrast.

I get that on a computer, but not on my phone (a Google Pixel, if that is important).

I see what you mean now - yes, that seems an odd choice - simple white would work better.

I'll have to check the theme and see where that is set (it's clearly different from the desktop version). Also, I may need to upgrade very soon and may look at it then.

Ahh, a color palette, who knew?!! Nice! Now I've got it all Johnny Cash'ed and beautiful, much better!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry for delay getting back. Yes, it only appears to be a problem on my Android phone. Names appear white on my tablet, which is also Android, go figure. 

I see what's happening now. On the phone, the name is coming out in the colour of the group - in this case, the group "Members". 

I have changed it to orange and that is much clearer. White won't work or the group will be invisible on a laptop. I'll need to experiment to find a colour that works better in both device types.

Edit: I just went for a stronger orange for now. Changed mods to green. I'm still a bit unclear, but hey-ho.

Orange works for me.  :)

Much better Alistair! Easy to read the names. I am seeing different colours though. Different people seem to have different colours. That's cool though cos they are all readable now. Cheers.

Edit: just re-read your post and it makes sense a second time! ;-) orange works well.