Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alistair S

2016 1+1 Song of the Year Contest

THE CONTENDERS:

Here are the songs vying for the title this year (these all placed first or second in a monthly contest)

The Hole That’s In My Ceiling – Goldfish Smith

Forgotten Man – Bee3

People Like That – Ironknee

My Heart Opens Like a Rose - PaulCanuck

Dreams – Jason Kalman

Falling (The Whiskey-Glass Song) - RoadDog

SCORING:

Please select the 3 best songs (if you are a contestant,you must vote but you can't vote for any of your own songs. If you fail to vote, I will simply subtract a vote from your song(s)).

Each song selected will be given a score of 1,  so no need to put them in any particular order or ranking.

Please send your selections to me via Private Message by midnight on January 27. 

And the 2016 1+1 Song of the Year is .... (drum roll) ....

The Hole That's In My Ceiling (Goldfish Smith)

In 2nd place Forgotten Man (Bee3)

In 3rd place Falling (RoadDog)

Many thanks to our non-contestant voters ScenesfromPalacio, The S, Barneyboy, DonnaMarilyn, Gary Hale, Nameless Untold, Lyrical, SpanishBuddha, Iggy, NigeQ, Graybeard and Ty Cobb!

Congratulations to Goldfish Smith!

Every song was already a previous winner, but the number of votes cast for each song is as follows (note that 1 contestant failed to score and had a point deducted accordingly).

The Hole That’s In My Ceiling – Goldfish Smith 13
Forgotten Man – Bee3 11
Falling (The Whiskey-Glass Song) - RoadDog 9
People Like That – Ironknee 8
Dreams – Jason Kalman 7
My Heart Opens Like a Rose - PaulCanuck 5

Well done, Goldfish. :) You were in my list, and I'm not surprised you got the No. 1 spot. 

And Congratulations, Road Dog. 'Falling' was in my list of three. ;)

Bee3, 'Forgotten Man' is a fine song. :)

Donna

Personally, my vote coincided with two of the top 3 - but I would have liked to see People Like That up on the rostrum too!

Congrats to the top three and all who qualified - great year of songs on this forum :)

Paul

And this years' Muse Songwriter's  1+1 Attaboy goes to...................

CONGRATULATIONS GOLDFISH 

And congrats to all the fine songs that were nominated :)

All good songs.........and thank you very much Allistair for running this tradition.....

...and for the generous nod :D

Congrats Goldfish, it's a superb song!!!

I also have to give props to RoadDog for falling, love that song.

A great year and a lot of fantastic songs. On to the next one...

Cheers,

Peter

Oh, and thanks Alistair for running it. :)

On 1/15/2017 at 8:04 AM, Alistair S said:

THE CONTENDERS:

Here are the songs vying for the title this year (these all placed first or second in a monthly contest)

The Hole That’s In My Ceiling – Goldfish Smith

Forgotten Man – Bee3

People Like That – Ironknee

My Heart Opens Like a Rose - PaulCanuck

Dreams – Jason Kalman

Falling (The Whiskey-Glass Song) - RoadDog

SCORING:

Please select the 3 best songs (if you are a contestant,you must vote but you can't vote for any of your own songs. If you fail to vote, I will simply subtract a vote from your song(s)).

Each song selected will be given a score of 1,  so no need to put them in any particular order or ranking.

Please send your selections to me via Private Message by midnight on January 27. 

2, 4 and 6

Wow!  I am thankful that folks liked this song enough to place!   I must admit I really like People Like That and was thinking it would take it all!

Oh and congrats to Goldfish and bee!!!

Congratulations to Goldfish, Justin, and RoadDog! I've already said it but I'll say it again: The Hole That's in My Ceiling is an amazing piece of writing. I'm glad so many people chose it. The lyrics, for me, are like something out of Gabriel Garcia Marquez or some other magical realist writer. Justin's Forgotten Man is superb, really grabs at your heart. My third favorite was Tom's because I especially like the music for it. But this was a strong group of songs -- all of them are winners in my book! Thanks to Alistair for making sure SOTY happened.

--Doug

16 hours ago, RoadDog said:

Wow!  I am thankful that folks liked this song enough to place!   I must admit I really like People Like That and was thinking it would take it all!

12 hours ago, lyriCAL said:

Congratulations to Goldfish, Justin, and RoadDog! I've already said it but I'll say it again: The Hole That's in My Ceiling is an amazing piece of writing. I'm glad so many people chose it. The lyrics, for me, are like something out of Gabriel Garcia Marquez or some other magical realist writer. Justin's Forgotten Man is superb, really grabs at your heart. My third favorite was Tom's because I especially like the music for it. But this was a strong group of songs -- all of them are winners in my book! Thanks to Alistair for making sure SOTY happened.

--Doug

Hey thanks for the shout-out guys......it really makes it all worth while. And for what it's worth.......I had RoadDog's tune as one of my pics ;-)

Fun stuff, guys!

Woh, totally missed this!  Thanks for the votes everyone and I agree that Goldfish deserved to win this.  Such a great tune and performance.

Congrats also to RoadDog and really all the finalists!

I really enjoyed listening to these songs - and particularly loved the winner - well done everyone.

Congrats to Goldfish, Bee3 and Road Dog!  You were my winners also!

Wowie wow folks, thank you to whoever gave me a vote. Though I now wish I had taken a shower before I took that video, tbh. 

My big three favs were likewise Bee3 and RoadDog's songs, and also Paul's "My Heart Opens Like a Rose." Good stuff all, it was hard to pick. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0