Sign in to follow this  
Mike B

Is this a glitch?

When I try to do a second reply to a thread, it automatically brings me to my original reply to edit it, rather than start a new reply.  Only way to get around it is to use the 'quote' feature of another previous reply.

Other thing I noticed - whenever you have a URL included, the forum automatically shows the preview of that - when I put the URL of another thread in the reply, that thread was then visible as a preview, not just a link.

Let's add a url ...

Hmm ... I wonder if I can change that ...

Let me try another link (outside this site) ... http://www.bbc.co.uk

OK, it looks as if this is tied to the code to embed Youtube, Soundcloud, etc. automatically. It will do this for links within this site too - but not most sites, I think. Not sure I can change that (though if I link http://www.musesongwriters.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63468-is-this-a-glitch/ using the link button in the editor - rather than just pasting it into the edit box - I can choose how it displays, it seems)

Checking with a reply now

Not behaving the same as earlier (and it wasn't a cache, as I was using a different computer).

But interestingly, when I clicked in the 'reply' box (after getting out of the thread, then going back into it), the first thing it asked me for was a URL for a link ...

Edited to add:

The link thing didn't happen again, and I went back to the thread where the reply was acting up, and it didn't happen this time.

Odd stuff. Maybe a pattern will become apparent, but I'm not getting the same issues (and I tried two different browsers) so I'm not sure what to suggest.