Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

John89

Don't Let Me Down

Hello everyone,

I'm a musician from The Netherlands and I just finished my first "record". I made a video as well for the first youtube "single" and I would very much like to get feedback on both. I was very eager to produce something that would look 'professional' and I thought that my only chance would be if I would come up with a very simple concept that would make the editing part easy. I personally think it fits the song and the vibe of the song.

I tried to create tension by changing light further into the song: I hope it didn't turn into a disco?

Let me know what you think! I'm looking forward to brainstorm about simple but good looking video concepts!

With kind regards,

John

Thought I'd help you out and make it so people could just click on a link

No need to make it hard on people to see your video it is hard enough as it is to get feedback.

I like to video it is nice and simple and clean. I don't know if the lighting change creates tension but it does give a slight visual change which I thought was good. The song sounds good I just wish there were some lyrics here to read along. It was hard to understand everything on the first listen.

Its hard on your eyes with that lamp hitting you everytime the Singer moves but besides that its a cool dong

I thought the song had lots of energy and was well produced - was that done in a paid studio?

The video was interesting - to a point - then it became a little "samey".

Maybe show the performers later on with front-lighting?

It seemed like it was going to be a "live" show, but with no audience, it made it seem a little contrived.

Didn't the beatles do a "Don't let me Down" song?

enjoyed the experience!

Paul

I liked the effects of the video & music was really nice.  It was just a little hard to understand all the lyrics.  Overall, good job!!

Song sounds good and video looks good too, maybe its just a bit boring , you could create other scenes or choose a second location,

however  its a good work for me :)

I liked the song a lot and the video effect was cool at first.. but after about 30 seconds I was kinda left wondering if it was ever 

gonna change.. and it didn't. This effect mixed with front lite shots of the band members could do well... maybe some audience

shots? The colors at the end were nice but reminded me of an apple commercial for some reason.