Sign in to follow this  
Nightingale

How to post songs

Hi all,

Man I'm so flummoxed!!

Can anyone provide me with an idiot proof guide to putting a song on here.

My tunes are on music xray and so I have a url for each. Is that useful here?

Or should I take them from a desktop folder? And what is the process.

If anyone can be bothered to answer such lame questions I would be very grateful.

Regards

Nightingale

When you open a window to write your post, you will see some icons above the area where you type.

Look for the little yellow smiling face. Now click on the icon to the right of the smiley face. A drop down menu will come up, and that is where you enter your URL.

When you open a window to write your post, you will see some icons above the area where you type.

Look for the little yellow smiling face. Now click on the icon to the right of the smiley face. A drop down menu will come up, and that is where you enter your URL.

I don't do anything but paste the url into the body of the text. If you are trying to have MSW host the file, that could be your problem. As far as I know, you need to upload the song to another site, like Youtube, Soundcloud, Picosong, etc. and share the link here.

So far I've posted 3 music video links from YouTube and I tried 3 different ways to embed the video but I haven't been successful. None of the options mentioned above are available to me. I don't have a "cards" icon and right of the smiley face is an icon for inserting a bulleted list. I simply put the link into the description but that doesn't work either. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing or doing wrong? Thanks!

Simply copy/paste the "Share" link directly into your new post Joe...don't use those embed links. Don't use the "page" URL...use the "Share" link. 

Give it a second & you should see your pasted link change to a YouTube display screen like the one you see below.

The only downside is the display size...no way to control it other than some kind of manual end-run like posting a photo, then attaching a hyperlink to it.

Hope this helps.

I'm sorry, but I don't see a "share" link. I tried to use the "link" icon in between the Strike Through and Quote icons but that didn't work either. So far, I have been putting the YouTube link directly into the post but it doesn't embed.

• Thanks 1

Capture.PNG.19755b73f51b8197f3527584169e6a0d.PNG

The "SHARE" link is on your YouTube video page.

This is a quick screenshot of a video of mine. In the bottom, right-hand corner...see the word "SHARE" to the immediate right of the thumbs-up/thumbs-down icons?

Click on the word "SHARE" and a link will appear. That link is what you want to copy/paste into your post here.

Here's a partial screenshot of your vid-page. You'll find that "SHARE" tab in the very same place...to the immediate right of the thumb icons...immediately above your red "Subscribe" box.

Hope this helps...gotta go for now.

2.thumb.PNG.4566534a0bc2b732ff745e179fbb6566.PNG