spanishbuddha

President Trump

28 minutes ago, PaulCanuck said:

Saying and doing are two different things.

I don't see the US removing any tariffs - and ever if DT wanted to, congress wouldn't agree.

Well, this is what he is proposing.  The rest of the G-7 countries are the ones opposing his proposal.  He sent a message by imposing aluminum and steel tariffs but said he would rescind them if Canada removes their imposing tariffs. Takes 2 to tango. We've all seen that our President is a man of his word. All he wants is to do business on a level playing field. 

15 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

our President is a man of his word.

:) :lol:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Barneyboy said:

We've all seen that our President is a man of his word.

200w.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Some of the trade modifications in the past year are hurting Trump supporters, but there is some talk of more targeting. That is not necessarily the most interesting part of this editorial, however: 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/amp/G-6-plus-Trump-12980278.php

If we don't take risks, we may never know if we can do better than what we're doing.  Nothing is written in stone.  Everything is subject to change. 

Looking forward to the Singapore summit.  I've heard Dennis Rodman is going to be present in some capacity.  This is a good sign. Rodman is good friends with Trump and Kim, who he shares a love of basketball with.  It's not clear to me at this point whether Rodman will be directly in the meeting but he flew in to Singapore ahead of the summit. Anything Trump and Kim can strike up in common is to be taken advantage of from both sides. 

May the door slowly open. 

I wasn't aware of tobacco

8 hours ago, Oswlek said:

200w.gif

I may mangle this quote from 2016, made by a news analyst, but it goes along the lines of 

Trump supporters take him seriously but not word for word. 

Trump haters take him word for word,  but not seriously. Therein, lies the difference. 

As far as "a man of his word", he is delighting his supporters, and  infuriating many of his haters,  by trying to keep as many of his campaign promises as possible.  For example he has almost dismantled the Obama legacy completely. He got a tax bill passed, and he got partial funding for a wall. 

16 hours ago, spanishbuddha said:

(Personal attack removed - please don't do that! Comment on the issue rather than the individual)

I would like to know who was the one who took the step to delete this comment. We just had a discussion on free speech, and I think this is a stellar example of how a personal bias / interpretation of our 2nd Amendment right can be undermined. 

Paul should be ashamed of his own personal lack of discipline. He should know that there are always two sides, and for him to come out swinging is sophomoric. 

I am always holding back when it comes to these forums, in conformance to civility and good hospitable practices. 

What Paul said is rash, and should be accounted for.

The political discourse should be kept at a civilized level. The BS is getting out of hand!!!

3 hours ago, kuya said:

I may mangle this quote from 2016, made by a news analyst, but it goes along the lines of 

Trump supporters take him seriously but not word for word. 

Trump haters take him word for word,  but not seriously. Therein, lies the difference. 

As far as "a man of his word", he is delghting his supporters, and  infuriating many of his haters,  by trying to keep as many of his campaign promises as possible.  For example he has almost dismantled the Obama legacy completely. He got a tax bill passed, and he got partial funding for a wall. 

Those who invested in the "fundamentally changing the USA" campaign find Trump a disgrace....those who want to make the USA "GREAT AGAIN" find Trump a God send...……….and therin lies the great divide that further casts our populace in opposite directions.

2 hours ago, Ironknee said:

I would like to know who was the one who took the step to delete this comment. We just had a discussion on free speech, and I think this is a stellar example of how a personal bias / interpretation of our 2nd Amendment right can be undermined. 

Paul should be ashamed of his own personal lack of discipline. He should know that there are always two sides, and for him to come out swinging is sophomoric. 

I am always holding back when it comes to these forums, in conformance to civility and good hospitable practices. 

What Paul said is rash, and should be accounted for.

The political discourse should be kept at a civilized level. The BS is getting out of hand!!!

That was me. The comment I deleted added nothing to the discussion. It was a single sentence, personal attack (which is the one thing that is not OK on this forum).

You also addressed Paul, but you added context and addressed his post (which is the difference). As you say, the political discourse should be kept at a civilised level (which is the reason I removed the comment).

• Like 1

Just now, Alistair S said:

That was me. The comment I deleted added nothing to the discussion. It was a single sentence, personal attack (which is the one thing that is not OK on this forum).

You also addressed Paul, but you added context and addressed his post (which is the difference). As you say, the political discourse should be kept at a civilised level (which is the reason I removed the comment).

I feel that Paul's statement was over the top, and one that I feel is beneath his normal sense of civility.

I expect that sort of jab from some, here on the forum, but I am hoping that Paul is one of those who can moderate their "feelings" sensibly.

It's hard to join in on conversations, like these, when they are in the middle of a tail spin. These crash and burn discussions, seemingly, are scored by the colleterial damage they inflict on the potential musical friendships that are often doomed due to some senseless need to be more enlightened than anyone else. 

We are not the politicians; and so, it's a lose / lose for all of us...…..no matter how enlightened we feel we are. 

That's my 2cents...…..as far as the G-7 is concerned, we will wait and see. I've had the last decade to practice my patience.....what's another year??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't pursue the deletion of that one sentence I wrote as I figured contacting the administration wouldn't help to resolve anything.  I do think the remark I made is justified as the moderator's comment and other comments he has made in the past are hardly a diplomatic way to engage conversation considering the individual's moderation status. 

If you want to know what I said, drop me a PM.  Otherwise.  Move on everybody. Let's focus on the subject of the thread.

• Like 1

Yeah, this one's for the children. 

Immigration_Fact_Check_82203.jpg

• Haha 1

Check this one out from the AP. Literal Nevada pimp wins GOP primary, calls Trump the Columbus that paved the way: 

https://apnews.com/2f083777e5d6431389d7e7e5c3398c5b

On 11/06/2018 at 23:06, Ironknee said:

as far as the G-7 is concerned, we will wait and see.

I think it should go to a C.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lazz said:

I think it should go to a C.

Hmmm.... I thought you were more creative than that.  :)