Sign in to follow this  
Harreh

Is Our Forum Doing Okay?

Hey

Just wanted to ask whats been going down with our forum?

For the past 2 or three days I havnt been able to access it. On Saturday, I got a error code but could still access the muse' muse webpage, but not the forum

Earlier today/yesterday I could access any of the website or forum, and it gave me the sort of error message you'd get if you typed in a website that does not exist

Is everything okay?? Do I need to call the internet police :P

(And Im assuming this everyone else got this too)

Thanks

Things happen from time to time. The forums are fine.

Neal

I love this message board.

I was wondering, why there s no opportunity to "like" certain posts?

Sometimes i feel like i wanna "like" a post and tell the writer that he did a good job with it :)

just a suggestion

Sometimes i feel like i wanna "like" a post and tell the writer that he did a good job with it :)/>

just a suggestion

Generally, since a pat on the back kind of response does nothing to help a writer or artist "grow" or develop their skills, the only place where those kinds of feedback are encouraged is in the Artists Cafe. But of course, anyone can leave a fellow Muser a quick "Hey I like this a lot", and that's the same thing as having a Like button, isn't it? I never got what the purpose of allowing people to Like a post of mine on say, Facebook for instance, really was. Maybe I'm just sour cuz I almost never get any Likes on FB anymore, since everyone's gone to using mobile devices to access their pages now. I dunno. LOL

For me I frequently have less to say than what is considered an appropriate critique by the guidelines of the site. So I wind up listening to a lot more songs than I respond to. I guess for me a "like" button would say "I spent the time to listen to your song all the way through at least once. I enjoyed it and affirm your creative work." But I frequently make no comment rather than an "attaboy." Maybe that's not right.

I'm back. The Muse is fine.

I had a tingle in my crotch just then .........

Well that could only mean one of two things.....and given your age....oh.... :o

Guest Gwyneth Rose

Sometimes i feel like i wanna "like" a post and tell the writer that he did a good job with it :)/>/>

just a suggestion

Hey Butch,

That's such a good idea. Maybe Jodi would consider it. Although it might stop a lot of little straight

forward comments that say the same thing. Hmmmm Maybe it's be careful what you wish for, she might also put up a "Dont like" button :P/>

Sometimes i feel like i wanna "like" a post and tell the writer that he did a good job with it :)/>/>/>/>

just a suggestion

Hey Butch,

That's such a good idea. Maybe Jodi would consider it. Although it might stop a lot of little straight

forward comments that say the same thing. Hmmmm Maybe it's be careful what you wish for, she might also put up a "Dont like" button :P/>/>/>

My question then becomes: what purpose would it serve? On Facebook, "liking" a post is a cop-out for actually leaving a well thought out comment. I'm not so sure that's the intent around here...

I would never be in favor of a like button. If you "like" something that someone has written, tell them! That's how you build relationships. We're really in no place to discourage anyone from leaving comments of any length/substance. We can certainly encourage more detailed responses, but discouraging some seems counteractive. Plus, those who leave vague comments are either brand new and eventually grow to become great participants, or stop contributing altogether. It has a tendency to work itself out in the end.

Sometimes i feel like i wanna "like" a post and tell the writer that he did a good job with it :)/>

just a suggestion

I'm not sure I "LIKE" this idea... :P

As Kyle just pointed out, it's a cop-out for people who don't have anything useful to add. And from what I've seen of most of your comments, you've ALWAYS provided a fairly reasonable analysis of why certain things work for you, or don't. Besides, how useful could it be? A number of users here already simply tell the poster that they enjoyed the post. It's nice to see when the they expound on WHY they enjoyed it, but it's obviously not a requirement. I think it's fine to be supportive if one is doing so for the right reasons, which you always have.

Peace

POST EDIT: I just realized the comment I'm replying to is from last January. Oops

I'm with the Captain.... and not just because nobody would like my posts. :huh:

Seriously, he's right. A "like" button would just take the place of a proper critique. We already get enough, "I like it; flows well," critiques.

Neal