Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bubblingsoul

New mic! Blue yeti

Seriously? Me? New gear? It is long overdue - trust me on that.

:D So pleased with my purchase. Shiny, inspiring, silver, yeti. Come on! It is WAY sexy and the sound is so much better than my former cheapy-now retired usb mic.

~Bubbsy

yeti facts and pics

gallery1.jpg

Mmmm I think you mistakenly bought the robot from Lost In Space..... :blink:

hammacher-lost-in-space-b9-robot.jpg

Umm.. or something from an adult store? :P

Seriously, I hope it gives you hours of pleasure!

(Is that a suction cup?)

Aww, he's cute. Make sure you post up to show us what he can do.

Mmmm I think you mistakenly bought the robot from Lost In Space..... :blink:

hammacher-lost-in-space-b9-robot.jpg

Naw, it looks much more like R2-D2. :P

r2d2-remote-controlled-dlp-home-projection-system.jpg

Umm.. or something from an adult store? :P

Seriously, I hope it gives you hours of pleasure!

(Is that a suction cup?)

:P Well, seems I'll need to . . . nevermind.

:D

Nope. Not a suction cup - though that wouldn't be a bad idea in my house. LOL It is VERY sturdy and heavy. Not saying it is likely to take a tumble, but would be nice to have a suction cup option for those paranoid gearheads like me. ;)

Aww, he's cute. Make sure you post up to show us what he can do.

Will do. Very shortly too. I bought it a month or so ago for a project I was in the middle of, but have just scratched the surface of using it on my own stuff. :) It's been a while. :blink:

Hey Bubbly, I was sooooo glad to see your post! I have been looking for a decent usb mic for....well......at least a month! :P Can you tell me how much did it run you?

Cheers,

SH

Seriously? Me? New gear? It is long overdue - trust me on that.

:D So pleased with my purchase. Shiny, inspiring, silver, yeti. Come on! It is WAY sexy and the sound is so much better than my former cheapy-now retired usb mic.

~Bubbsy

yeti facts and pics

gallery1.jpg

I honestly can't remember! I'm pretty sure it was under $150 US. I don't typically spend a whole lot on gear. I prefer to use my $ to purchase great instruments. But this has been quite a find and I'm enjoying it VERY much! WELL worth it!

~Bubbles :)

It looks cool! Now let's hear what it can do. ;)

I honestly can't remember! I'm pretty sure it was under $150 US. I don't typically spend a whole lot on gear. I prefer to use my $ to purchase great instruments. But this has been quite a find and I'm enjoying it VERY much! WELL worth it!

~Bubbles :)

Cast my vote for R2D2. The Lost In Space Robot? C'mon...DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER...Someone needs to have their eyes examined.

I don't know how much I like the USB mics. I haven't heard one which impressed me. I suppose, if someone is just working at home on a hobbyist level they'd work out just fine. Me, I believe I'd much rather have an SM 57 for vocals. One thing is for certain a 57 will last longer than 5 USB mics, they're built to double as hammers...pssst that's how we do it in the USA and don't sleep...the SM57 is one of the greatest microphones ever created. It sounds decent on anything, and it sounds great when it's on the right voice/instrument...Listen to The Smashing Pumkins...that's a 57...how about Bad Company?... again, a 57... not shabby vocs huh? lol (that's a great illustration of the difference between a cheap mic pre and a great mic pre for ya)...Whoever doesn't own a 57 and owns a chinese condenser is chasing dream shadows.

Spending your money on great sounding instruments will do more for the sound of your recordings than boxes full of gear ever will. It's never how much gear you have. Your skill set is more vital than gear ever will be. Better to have three exceptional pieces of gear than 25 mediocre pieces. Great sounding instruments will fill your room will great sounds to capture. Even the greatest microphone can only capture what you put in front of it. You may be the wisest home recordist on this board! Great sounding instruments are...pun intended...Instrumental lol...to great sounding recordings....Duh lol...it ain't rocket surgery lol it's recording!

Now, how many of you actually believe quality recording has anything to do with 1's and 0's or even gear for that matter?

*BIG OBNOXIOUS BUZZER NOISE...Go directly to jail...Do not pass Go...Do not collect $200

I don't own a SM57 - my "real" mic is an Electro Voice RE410. I actually like the sound it produces WAY better than an SM57 or 58. I tried about a dozen mics live in store before settling on the 410 and have been very pleased with it when performing live and for recording as well.

But for desktop recording, the Yeti is pretty dang sweet and has some nice options. In my house, I like to have something there - at the ready - when inspiration strikes - and don't necessarily want to set up my Bose PAS with the 410 and my sweet, sweet Wechter. My computer room is in my living room/dining room area - so having recording gear set up all the time is really not a viable option - especially when I also share the space with my two daughters and one, not terribly active, yet substantial brute of a cat.

Ya do what ya can, Lz. lol

~Bubbsy

I don't know how much I like the USB mics. I haven't heard one which impressed me. I suppose, if someone is just working at home on a hobbyist level they'd work out just fine.

Lzi, in case you haven't quite worked it out yet, the vast majority of folks on this site are "working at home on a hobbyist level". ;)

I looked at this one the other day as a mic to possibly plug directly into my iPad, but I settled on the Apogee ONE. Little more expensive, but sounds pretty damn good for what it is.

I don't own a SM57 - my "real" mic is an Electro Voice RE410. I actually like the sound it produces WAY better than an SM57 or 58. I tried about a dozen mics live in store before settling on the 410 and have been very pleased with it when performing live and for recording as well.

Man, there so much different between a condenser mic and a dynamic mic it's like comparing apples and oranges. Both are food, so if one is all you have, you eat it, but it's not really comparable if you're being a picky eater. And yes, on vocals I tend to prefer a condenser mic.

But for hard rock vocals a dynamic through a decent pre could be the ticket, and for screamo I'm probably reaching for a dynamic.

hahahahaa!

You can tell it's sexy just from looking at it, that's for sure.

How many speeds does it have?

Enough to fully satisfy! :P