Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neal K

Dang!

We were asked to open for Goldie Hawn when she performs in Penticton, BC later this month but we had to turn it down because of another private gig. We tried to get out of the first gig, but that would have left them in the lurch so we decided to honor the contract. Ouch - that hurts! But the good news is that the promoter in Penticton thinks we're good enough to open at this venue so who knows what might come of it. I just hope they don't ask us to open for the Monster Truck Spectacular :P

Neal

Congrats! and sorry for your loss... Honor is good.

Thanks, Salley.

I got some of the details wrong in my orignial post because the whole thing came and went so fast and my only communication with my wife (who does our bookings) was via cell phone. Turns out the event is not as big as I thought, and not in the venue that I thought. It's just a small, private charity event. Goldie Hawn and her husband have a connection to Penticton because their son played junior hockey in the city and they still maintain a summer home there, so she has agreed to speak for a fundraiser.

So it was no great opportunity lost...

Neal

Thanks, Salley.

I got some of the details wrong in my orignial post because the whole thing came and went so fast and my only communication with my wife (who does our bookings) was via cell phone.

So it was no great opportunity lost...

Neal

None the less, you never know when the next opportunity could be the one that ignites a career.

The idea is to always think positively and always try to get that foot in the door when opportunity knocks.

Continued success. :)

ciao, Dan

That is an honor to be asked to open for someone of that caliber. I hope things keep going your way! Sounds like you are a really good guy to honor the previous commitment rather than seek fame and fortune any way you can. Reapin' and Sowin', Karma, Wheel in the Sky... whatever it may be. cool.gif