fabkebab

Youtube videos (music related) that make you smile

I realize this is trampling on hallowed ground, but it's hilarious none-the-less.

Very naughty.

Vandalism is rarely amusing.

Hans Groiner, however, is funny....

Now I'm not sure how well this will translate.

Kilyos is my Turkish home town, a quiet fishing village with beautiful beaches. It's also half an hour from Istanbul...

This video is called 300 Gunbirlikcigi, which is Turkish for "300 Daytrippers". See the video to see why. You don't need to understand Turkish except that they wake up to find it's Saturday...

Sorry, there are ads at the start of this and there's a short bit from the director of the "fragmen" (trailer). There seems to be a whole mini art form in making trailers rather than films.

Enjoy 300 Gunbirlikcigi, The Battle of Kilyos

LOVE IT, TED! :) My daughter just sent this my way today - and I was going to post it too. Great minds, eh? ;):wub:

Anyone ever play this game? It's the first game I ever had and I think the music in it is simply beautiful.

Anyone ever play this game? It's the first game I ever had and I think the music in it is simply beautiful.

I don't recognize the game, but I agree, the music is lovely.

For the headbangers.

There are two I wanna share...

Patty Griffin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka1b3w73XMw

Courtyard Hounds

Both songs are incredible. These women put a new meaning to being a singer/songwriter.

I'm really not sure where to post these videos. Even if you don't like the music, the process of creating it is amazing, and could be done with any instrumentation. The first video is the music; the second explains how it was done:

That is just stunning! Wow! I might even have to post this one on Facebook for a few of my non-Muse friends. :)

I may be old school here but I LOVE this song! Michael Jackson's Man In Mirror (despite what you think of him )

This brought a (happy) tear to my eye this morning

"Bloody Random BANNANA" by Gennargh. There's a song in the middle of the vid that she sings.

NOTE: Banana is actually spelled wrong in the title.

A little something for your delight and amusement....

http://youtu.be/9NIlQXyuw-I

This is a documentary in 3 parts. An incredible, unlikely story. Beautifully haunting music made by kids and an unconventional teacher.

This is delightful! Thanks!

for Salley Gardens :)

Right back atcha, Bubbsy... this time with CELLO! (and bass)

Many in the flute world are really stuck on Greg Patillo. He made playing flute cool again. I was fortunate enough to meet him at a flute "do". The trio he and his buddies formed, "The Project", started out playing in the New York subways.

Thanks for the links... such a joy!

3 year old, conductor... Enjoy! (The *end* is the best part...)

Missed this one, somehow.

Reincarnation, anyone?

for Salley Gardens :)

Right back atcha, Bubbsy... this time with CELLO! (and bass)

Many in the flute world are really stuck on Greg Patillo. He made playing flute cool again. I was fortunate enough to meet him at flute "do". The trio he and his buddies formed, "The Project", started out playing in the New York subways.

Thanks for the links... such a joy!

I read somewhere that Tchaikovsky was never thrilled with his Nutcracker Suite. I wonder if he'd like it a bit more after seeing it performed by Greg? :lol:

Delightful, Janet. I'm definitely going to seek out more of his stuff.

Aren't there blasphemy laws against this?

Some say that music is a universal language. :huh:

Don't give me all that jazz. <_<B):P

Wow...I was driving with the car radio on yesterday and I heard this song. Only the tail end, but I listened to the chorus lyric and when I got home I Googled and found it on YouTube. I'm amazed I had never heard this song before. Really cool chord progressions and nice lyrics. All around great song IMO. I guess because I was never a Carly Simon fan (I never liked "Your So Vain), I missed this one. Really nice tune that Carly wrote with a friend of hers, Jacob Brackman, who apparently co-wrote with Carly on some other songs. Titled "That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be". I suspect most of you have already heard it, but here is a live version from 1972. Enjoy!:

but here is a live version from 1972. Enjoy!:

Yeah Carly, that song has always been my fav of hers.

Three videos that made me smile today.

1. Sean Quigley, a local lad (16), playing the song "The Little Drummer Boy" Plays all the instruments and mixed the song himself, and with his sister's help on the video.

2. "Cello Wars" Just watch.

3. The Black Keys "Lonely Boy" The guy dancing in the video is an extra who was suppose to be just part of the video, but they (the Black Keys) like his dancing so much, they made the video with just him.

When it comes to the Muppets I am just a big kid all over again. :rolleyes:

Put them together with the voice of Andrea Bocelli and the arrangement of David Foster and you get

"Standing O" bro.

The Muppets with Andrea Bocelli and David Foster

It wasn't a humorous smile, but this (which I'd looked up in connection with the thread on silence in music) definitely twitched the appropriate muscles.

What a marvellous way to introduce people to the combined complexity and simplicity of "serious" music. :)

enjoy

Frank.

Enjoyed...yes, thanks for posting that one!

Y

Animated MIDI. I've long thought that MIDI is a far better visual representation of music than standard notation.

Animated MIDI. I've long thought that MIDI is a far better visual representation of music than standard notation.

Another representation of Midi is this (admittedly its a piano piece not a full orchestra), but the animation is captivative

What a marvellous way to introduce people to the combined complexity and simplicity of "serious" music. :)

enjoy

Frank.

I'll give you that one Frank. As long as they're "listening". :)

I like to create my own visualizations by closing my eyes, if you're referring to non rock music.

I often wonder how folks like Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Art Tatum or even Andrea Bocelli visualize the music they create. :rolleyes: