Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SatanInventedBras

2004 Muse's Muse Award Show

573 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone!

Is there a spare seat anywhere? It seems kind packed!

It's midnight in the UK so please excuse my hot cocoa and Winnie the Pooh pyjamas!

:)

Hey all! :) ...Sitting here in my bedroom wrapped in my blanket....good luck to everyone tonight!

Tina

mmmm.. beer. mucho grassy-ass

I am eating a sandwhich...whole wheat bread and chocolate spread....they even each other out!  :lol:

Is it Nutella? I loooooooooove that stuff......grrr now I'm hungry too! I got spicey wings! Who wants one?

I have the football game on in the background... football is cool...

museaward04_show.gif

AND THE MADNESS BEGINS...:lol:

Introduction to show:

Here is where the Awards presentations start. There are 18 categories which will be posted every 5 minutes until 8:30pm by all our presentors; So pay close attention as the winners are revealed to congratulate them !! Also be sure to applaud all our performers. Thank you!

Award Show Schedule:

7:00 Award presentation - Best Reviewer Lyrics (By: David)

7:02 NigeQ - ?Pepper Alley?

7:05 Award presentation - Best Reviewer Lyrics & Music (By: Mystery Mike)

7:10 Award presentation - Post Hog Of The Year (By HoneyBrown)

7:12 Bubblingsoul - ?His Own?

7:15 Award presentation - Guru of the Year (By: EduFonseca)

7:20 Award presentation - Best Collaboration Team (by FunkDaddy)

7:22 Disposable Assassins - ?Propaganda?

7:25 Award presentation - Funniest Poster (By: Krelian)

7:30 Award presentation - Most Improved Musician (By: RLD)

7:32 Weez13 - ?Would You?

7:35 Award presentation - Most Improved Lyricist (By David)

7:40 Award presentation - Most Improved Poet & Poet of The Year (By Stewart)

7:42 ClaireJeanne - ?The One Man?

7:45 Award presentation - 'Dirrty' Poster of The Year (By: Ordinary Girl)

7:50 Award presentation - Newbie of the Year (By Guycan_write)

7:52 Stewart Alexander - ?Love?

7:55 Award presentation - Vertical Songwriter of The Year (By: RW James)

8:00 Award presentation - Voted Most Likely To Succeed (By FunkDaddy)

8:02 A.N.T.I. - ?The Things I?ve Done?

8:05 Award presentation - Sexiet Muser (By: Beorn J)

8:10 Award presentation - Lyrics&Music Songwriter of the Year (By: Smile & Simple Simon)

8:12 Corinne - ?Dream within a Dream?

8:15 Award presentation - Lyric Writer of The Year (By Neal K)

8:20 Award presentation - Poster of The Year (By: MariahArron)

8:22 Simple Simon - ?Tapestry?

8:25 Closing Speech - By SatanInventedBras

Award show discussion:

1-Make your speeches

2-Congratulate winners

3-Give your comments on the new song postings

:D ill have some wings OG!!!!

yum...

de nada.....sooooooo who did you vote for? ;) C'mon, you can tell me, no one else can hear you........:rolleyes:

Get this party started....

Hey everyone, good luck to all. I'll be back to check out how things are turning out later. I'm being dragged to the bedroom by my sleepy girlfriend...

sickboy :blink:

john kerry :lol:

de nada.....sooooooo who did you vote for? ;) C'mon, you can tell me, no one else can hear you........:rolleyes:

7:00 AWARD PRESENTATION

It's my pleasure to present the first award of the evening..and it's not in the least of categories: "Best Reviewer Lyrics".

As you all know, much has been said this year about lyric critiques: there has been countless debates on how to do it, what not to say, how long to write...There has even been courses and excercises in critiques put together by our pals cool_E and NigeQ..and that's just the tip of the iceberg! All this to say that one thing is certain: Musers do not take critiques lightly - no pun intended of course ;)

But who can blame them ? As part of a community of songwriters, lyric writing is our main reason for being here. And there is nothing more challenging and rewarding than to expose our lattest creations and to see them being acknowledged, discussed, complimented or 'constructively' ripped apart by our peers. When all is said and done, we live for those moments.

And tonight Musers have wanted to pay tribute, in their own special way, to someone who has demonstrated dedication, know-how and flair in the much underated act of lyrics critiquing...it's someone who sets a tone for everyone...a person whom I can say helped me become a better songwriter, like he's done for many others I'm sure. And for that, we want to say thank you. Without further due the winner of the Best Reviewer Lyrics 2004 is !!!!

"Best Reviewer Lyrics":

Hobes

Congratulations Hobes !! This is your second year in a row winning in this category...

I also want to give a special mention to the runner ups Poet'n'Lyricist & Anthony in MI who are equally appreciated and generous of their time. And thanks to everyone else for extending yourself to review songs. You all deserve a round of applause.

Erm my computer doesnt like you guys

It shut down :lol:

Stole my dad's laptop. Shhhh :ph34r:

we don't want any details when you return, ok?

yum...

<hands Beorn three wings and a napkin>....don't want a sticky keyboard :lol:

Congratulation Hobes...

7:00 AWARD PRESENTATION

It's my pleasure to present the first award of the evening..and it's not in the least of categories: "Best Reviewer Lyrics".

As you all know, much has been said this year about lyric critiques: there has been countless debates on how to do it, what not to say, how long to write...There has even been courses and excercises in critiques put together by our pals cool_E and NigeQ..and that's just the tip of the iceberg! All this to say that one thing is certain: Musers do not take critiques lightly - no pun intended of course ;)

But who can blame them ? As part of a community of songwriters, lyric writing is our main reason for being here. And there is nothing more challenging and rewarding than to expose our lattest creations and to see them being acknowledged, discussed, complimented or 'constructively' ripped apart by our peers. When all is said and done, we live for those moments.

And tonight Musers have wanted to pay tribute, in their own special way, to someone who has demonstrated dedication, know-how and flair in the much underated act of lyrics critiquing...it's someone who sets a tone for everyone...a person whom I can say helped me become a better songwriter, like he's done for many others I'm sure. And for that, we want to say thank you. Without further due the winner of the Best Reviewer Lyrics 2004 is !!!!

"Best Reviewer Lyrics":

Hobes

Congratulations Hobes !! This is your second year in a row winning in this category...

I also want to give a special mention to the runner ups Poet'n'Lyricist & Anthony in MI who are equally appreciated and generous of their time. And thanks to everyone else for extending yourself to review songs. You all deserve a round of applause.

Congrats Hobes! I'd definitely say you earned it. :)

Congrats Hobes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like we didn't know lol :D

congrats hobeman :)

congrads Hobes!!! Well-deserved bro!

well done hobes

all the runners up!

i totally agree with those nominated you are a great help!

i love you!

mariah

yum...

<hands Beorn three wings and a napkin>....don't want a sticky keyboard :lol:

my keyboard i allready sticky..

err :huh:

ill shut up and leave it there :unsure:

7:05 AWARD PRESENTATION

Hello fellow Musers, this is MysteryMike, and I am coming to you LIVE from the great state of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. to present the coveted Best Reviewer of Lyrics and Music award.

I?ve been writing lyrics for about 8 years now and was lucky enough to stumble upon MusersMuse a year ago. Falling into the ?lyricist only? category myself, I was at first a little gun shy about going over to the L & M forum to give my opinion. But I recommend everyone visit there more often, it?s where the words meet the music. And I?m happy to see many collaborations have formed between the two forums? (applause, applause)

Let?s face it; we all get some sort of self-gratification from letting others critique our ?works of art?. But some of the members here go above and beyond the call of duty to give that intricate critique? You know the one, where you say to yourself, ?Wow, why didn?t I think of that?? Luckily for us, there are quite a few members here that fit that profile, so without further ado, let?s recognize them for continuous effort and brilliant insight in their comments and critiques.

"Best Reviewer ? Lyrics & Music"

Simple Simon

"Runner-up - Best Reviewer ? Lyrics & Music"

SilkyTofu

Great job Simple Simon and SilkyTofu, you are both great assets to the Muser Family.

YAY!!!!!!!!! Hobes is so deserving....I wish we had a trophy or something....congrats Hobes!

<applaudes wildly....whistles.....applaudes more....attempts that whistle where you put two fingers under your tongue....chokes on fingers....sits down>

Congratulations Hobes!!

Good Song... sounds Beatle-ish

good work simon and silky... congrats! :)

Well done Simon! You are an indispensable member of this board and you certainly got my vote :)

Well done also to Silky! You Rawk!

Congrats Simon...

Congrats to Simon and Silky! :)

That really rolls off the tongue! :D

7:05 AWARD PRESENTATION

Hello fellow Musers, this is MysteryMike, and I am coming to you LIVE from the great state of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. to present the coveted Best Reviewer of Lyrics and Music award.

I?ve been writing lyrics for about 8 years now and was lucky enough to stumble upon MusersMuse a year ago.  Falling into the ?lyricist only? category myself, I was at first a little gun shy about going over to the L & M forum to give my opinion.  But I recommend everyone visit there more often, it?s where the words meet the music.  And I?m happy to see many collaborations have formed between the two forums? (applause, applause)

Let?s face it; we all get some sort of self-gratification from letting others critique our ?works of art?.  But some of the members here go above and beyond the call of duty to give that intricate critique? You know the one, where you say to yourself, ?Wow, why didn?t I think of that?? Luckily for us, there are quite a few members here that fit that profile, so without further ado, let?s recognize them for continuous effort and brilliant insight in their comments and critiques.

"Best Reviewer ? Lyrics & Music"

Simple Simon

"Runner-up - Best Reviewer ? Lyrics & Music"

SilkyTofu

Great job Simple Simon and SilkyTofu, you are both great assets to the Muser Family.

Congrats Simon!!!! :D :D

*appears in a puff of smoke wearing my PJ's and a blanket*

*twitches my nose and a bag of chocolate chip cookies appear*

Hamid is ALWAYS fashionably late :D

*gets quiet and settles down for the show that has ALREADY began* :ph34r:

ackkkk...it's all coming fast and furious now lol

Congrats Simon!!!!!!!!!! :) <hugs and high-fives!>

Silky is a very noteable runner up indeed!

Great song Nige! B) .....Pepper Alley...cheers!