The forums will look a little different following the upgrade - but further adjustments are being made.

Ensure you log in with your DISPLAY NAME (the name you are known by on the forum) 

See the post in General Conversation for more details

Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oxe57

"A Key For Margie"

I believe this one has been shared before. It's gone through a rewrite. Here 'tis one mo' 'gain. Thanks in advance...................peace!

"A Key For Margie"

seeds of vision rip a hole

where there should be love

slamming doors on forgiveness and sorrow

from the heavens a silhouette

floats like a windblown kite

hovering before mother, child and death

who stand hand in hand on a pulpit

squawking to a one man congregation

a congregation that lost their psyche years ago

in a crap game just outside of Hades

Hi oxe57,

Well i didn't read the prior version(s) of this but for something you define as free verse, I'm feeling a definite musical mood to it.

:lol: That'll teach her to play craps with the devil. ;)

Is there a chorus that comes next with Margie in mind?

I like this. :)

I like this too, but I struggle to understand the "seeds of vision rip a hole

slamming doors on forgiveness and sorrow"

"Seeds of what vision", I find myself asking.

I have the feeling that the answer to this question is in part two, but I'm afraid I am unable to discern it.

Thanks guys. I do find myself trying to be lyrical in my poetry and poetic in my lyrics. This poem is based on a conversation I had with a friend and their offspring regarding a deceased relative. I even threw myself into the mix as well. I've always been of the notion that in poetry if it feels good then leave it. In my lyricwriting I try not to use this delivery too much. Thanks again for the input..................peace!

"A Key For Margie"

seeds of vision rip a hole

where there should be love (filling the empty space with nothingness, hallowness, only the echo of what was in the past a vibrant, thriving entity)

slamming doors on forgiveness and sorrow (because after it's gone ... remembering is all we have?)

from the heavens a silhouette (the dark wings of the harbringer of fate?)

floats like a windblown kite

hovering before mother, child and death (the beginning for life from the mother ... life travelling on a path as a child ... then end of the path as death?)

who stand hand in hand on a pulpit

squawking to a one man congregation (the circle/cycle of life showing how each part has it's place ... and a person who no longer has the drive to listen?)

a congregation that lost their psyche years ago

in a crap game just outside of Hades

Thanks DC. You went with it and I believe that is what most poets want. Thanks again............peace!

this was amazing! As i was reading it to myself i thought, "wow people on this site have some serious talent! I have a lot more to grow as a writer!"

"seeds of vision rip a hole

slamming doors on forgiveness and sorrow"

Those opening lines really rung in my ears more so than the rest. the feel im getting is a unwanted goodbye that you know is best for you but it still rips your heart in two to do it. Or an unrequited need for love throughout the course of a life...something along those lines was my first impression.

Thanks Nick for the kind words. You're right there are some very talented folks here at the Muse. It fills me with joy to see a young person with a passion for writing. Keep at it and please share your art. The feedback to me is the best thing about the Muse. All the best my friend................peace!