The forums will look a little different following the upgrade - but further adjustments are being made.

Ensure you log in with your DISPLAY NAME (the name you are known by on the forum) 

See the post in General Conversation for more details

Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MammaMarie

Songs Needed

We are seeking original songs for new cross-over artist. Ally is about to turn 13 so all songs would need to be age appropriate of course. She sings in the style of Christina Aguilara, but can also do Carrie Underwood and various other artists. Very unique talent for her age. Please contact me at:dyernic@yahoo.com if you have anything you'd like us to take a listen to. Please make sure the song is copy written. Thank you for your time! -Marie

Please make sure the song is copy written.

A career in advertising, maybe ?

Please make sure the song is copy written.

A career in advertising, maybe ?

Did I do something wrong?

Only to an old pedant who can recognise the differences between copy-write and copyright.

The failure to tell the difference amused me.

An advertisement is copy-written.

A creative work has automatic copyright.

The failure to acknowledge the latter confused me.

Both of them together reduce the credibility of the opportunity somewhat.

I mean, basically, your felt need to include that clause sets a small bell to ringing.

Maybe just for me and no-one else.

Only to an old pedant who can recognise the differences between copy-write and copyright.

The failure to tell the difference amused me.

An advertisement is copy-written.

A creative work has automatic copyright.

The failure to acknowledge the latter confused me.

Both of them together reduce the credibility of the opportunity somewhat.

I mean, basically, your felt need to include that clause sets a small bell to ringing.

Maybe just for me and no-one else.

Oh, I see. Well at least you were amused....

I am easily entertained.

But what I would prefer by far is for you to be taken seriously.

That's all.

Hello, Mamma, welcome to the Muse!

I suggest you peruse the Song Contests forum for songs you find appropriate. Also, check out the archives of winning monthly songs from past years in Muse Memorabilia forum.

You can send the person a private message through the Musesmuse Board system if you find something you like.

All the songs on the Muse are original. By law, the copyright automatically belongs to the writer(s), whether or not the rights are registered with the US Copyright Office. Lazz is correct that no one "copy writes" a song... copyright is a "right" of ownership to the copy (written material). Copy writing means the actual act of writing the copy, and is mostly associated with radio/TV scripts for commercials, or the wording found in magazine ads, etc.

Don't worry... we already take you seriously here at the Muse! We are *all* learning here, and benefit from each other. B)

I hope you find some good material here, and develop some good relationships with the songwriters. :)

Hello, Mamma, welcome to the Muse!

I suggest you peruse the Song Contests forum for songs you find appropriate. Also, check out the archives of winning monthly songs from past years in Muse Memorabilia forum.

You can send the person a private message through the Musesmuse Board system if you find something you like.

All the songs on the Muse are original. By law, the copyright automatically belongs to the writer(s), whether or not the rights are registered with the US Copyright Office. Lazz is correct that no one "copy writes" a song... copyright is a "right" of ownership to the copy (written material). Copy writing means the actual act of writing the copy, and is mostly associated with radio/TV scripts for commercials, or the wording found in magazine ads, etc.

Don't worry... we already take you seriously here at the Muse! We are *all* learning here, and benefit from each other. B)

I hope you find some good material here, and develop some good relationships with the songwriters. :)

Hello Sally.

Thank you so much for the kind words. I appreciate the welcome. I will defiantly check out the areas you mentioned. Thanks again -Marie

Well done, Salley.

My social ineptitude is a constant embarrassment.

So thanks from me, too.

Lazz,

Don't be too hard on yourself. Those of use who pay attention to such things have noted your restraint and 'definitely' appreciate the effort it takes to stifle one's nature. Social ineptitude is such a burden, I know. But you carry it well.

Well done, Salley.

My social ineptitude is a constant embarrassment.

So thanks from me, too.

:) Thanks, Lazz.

And don't worry, we take you seriously, too.

Just not too seriously... :rolleyes:

Are you still looking for songs?

Why don't you just send an email as requested?

Neal

Hi Marie

Are you still looking for songs?

Regards

Nicolej

Hi Nicole. Yes We are very much still looking for songs. We are looking for some powerful songs. Kelly Clarkson is another artist that's inspirational to Ally. If you're interested in viewing some samples of Ally singing feel free.

Her YouTube videos are here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNY54mv4JI

Thank you so much for your time.

Marie Lindeen

Minneapolis Mn

Custom-made Songs for singers, bands, etc.

song-writer@gmx.com

I am a very experienced Songwriter PC Musician, and i am interested for collaboration via internet, with solo singers or bands from around the world.

I make ready-made and custom-made quality songs in any genre. Rock, Pop, Metal, Ballads, Dance, Latin, Country, anything you like.

The songs can be sent to you via email in high quality mp3 audio format, or any other format.

Can be sent with music and vocals, or without the vocals, as karaoke, with the chords sheets lyrics, etc.

You can sing along with the song and email me your voice, and i will mix your own voice with the music.

For more info and questions, please feel free to email me directly at: song-writer@gmx.com