The forums will look a little different following the upgrade - but further adjustments are being made.

Ensure you log in with your DISPLAY NAME (the name you are known by on the forum) 

See the post in General Conversation for more details

Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NigeQ

Videos of you playing live 2

126 posts in this topic

Hi

Here is Videos of you playing live 2. The other thread is now closed.

I'll kick this one off with Nowhere Man

Let's have yours

Cheers

Nige :)

Love, love, love this rendition! Your playing and vocals are spot on and delivered so sweetly and beautifully! :wub:

Thanks for the heads up!

~The Slacker x lol

Nice, Nige! I think only a Brit will ever be able to sing that song and have it sound "right"...

Here's a video of a song I wrote (yes, a song, with lyrics). I thought I had posted it in the first "Videos of Playing Live", but I couldn't find it. (Geez, I thought I posted it a thousand times on the Muse! Here goes for 1,001). It's not me singing, or performing at all, actually... But I *am* in the video at the very end; that should count, I hope!

Very impressive - I'd certainly not seen that before. It must be a wonderful feeling to have a choral group to perform your work like that :)

that's wonderful Nigel :)

such a lovely rendition bud!

:)

looks like a nice stage too.. I do like a good stage!

Thanks, Nige and Stew. :)

Last Friday I got to play Balinese Gamelon for the first time! Woohoo!

Here's a video of it. If you don't know Balinese Gamelon music, then you won't be able to tell this is the first time we ever played...

Malik Kasuma Gamelon

Thanks, Nige and Stew. :)

Last Friday I got to play Balinese Gamelon for the first time! Woohoo!

Here's a video of it. If you don't know Balinese Gamelon music, then you won't be able to tell this is the first time we ever played...

Malik Kasuma Gamelon

hey lovely..

this is full of beans... lively :)

This is from the (Live) Songwriter Contest at the Lonestar Uke Fest in Dallas 8 APR 2011 [i came in 3rd]:

Ukulele Player in Texas - Ron

This is from the (Live) Songwriter Contest at the Lonestar Uke Fest in Dallas 8 APR 2011 [i came in 3rd]:

Ukulele Player in Texas - Ron

really enjoyed that.....

fun stuff! :)

makes me pine for another musefest :)

I don't have video, unfortunately. But our local theatre, where I've worked many years, was rented for a music event. Zoe Mulford, a trad-folk singer/songwriter from Manchester, England, who had grown up at our theatre, did the last event of her US tour on Saturday night.

So for the evening, instead of a theatre space, it was a music venue. Complete with microphones and sound set-up.

Zoe and I have known each other for years, and I have gotten sneak peeks at her works in progress. She invited me to come do a cameo appearance. And while I've performed in cabarets in this space for years, this was my first time walking up as a songwriter, getting introduced with my artist name not my "real" name.

Plus I decided to sing a brand new song. I had finished transcribing the melody and chords and a friend fleshed it out on the piano. In performance, the song went a little slower than it should have, and will need to flow more next time it's performed. But I have to count this as my first real gig as a performing songwriter.

You can stream my live performance of the song (and read the lyrics) at my website. The song is called "Daphne in Winter."

Thanks, Sally!

And yes, I did notice the similar initials. Of course, mine is a writing pseudonym, but Zoe is Zoe.

Yes, quite right! Lorelei was pretty floored when she found out I had known Zoe for years....

(And it's not a vid -- it's the song page on my website where you can stream the audio)

Thanks - that was my mistake - 'user error'.

It's the link to Zoe's website which failed.

That's where I had presumed I would find the video.

This is my partner's original (he's the singer)

hey!

lovely to see you old chum...

nice wee song... loved all the guitar bits sounded lovely.. :)

ps .. love the hat!

Hey Stewart,

Back for awhile as I do from time to time as I finish a song. We're working on eventually having and album so I'll probably be around here a little more.

Great to see you still as part of the holdouts.

Just discovered this - some more Thinman - from The Nasty Angel days - notice the cool leather jacket !!

Robby

My band played a breast cancer benefit last Saturday night and a friend of mine caught some of my guitar solo from the show. Audio quality isn't the best in some spots due to it being recorded on a phone. However, still kinda cool.....

BreastFest 2011 Guitar Solo

Peace and Beers,

JMeyer

loved this mate... great to see the band!!

not my genre.. but still enjoyed it :)

fab fab fab solo :) your hair is getting long lol

Nice one Stewie

Just rediscovered this thread

Like your performance - it's got intensity - KEEP MUSIC LIVE !

Well done mate

Robeerto

Here I am playing my song "Mary Went to War" at the Balance the Bucks concert in Washington, D.C., in September, 2009. This was two years before the Occupy Wall Street movement, yet it had some of the same goals:

Nice one Stewie

Just rediscovered this thread

Like your performance - it's got intensity - KEEP MUSIC LIVE !

Well done mate

Robeerto

cheers buddy.. I do sing with passion.. I try to! :)

Ici Le Thinman et Les Hommes De Neige

In a good old English pub

Got my favourite guitar back on the road !

Robby

Glad to see you getting out there, Lex :)

If you ever get over towards Reading, let me know. I haven't been out much lately, but I'd come and give some support!

Here’s a couple from my recent gig supporting Megson

My Baby Doesn’t Do Shoes – which I fairly rattled through, I thought it was a 3 minute song - must be the adrenalin :rolleyes:

And my co-write with Len, Piranha Lover – there’s a bit in the first part of the bridge where I tripped over a line and it sounds like I said something rude (my avatar pic is a clue ;) )

Enjoyed both Nige.....very cool! Good job with the vocal too.....I like your voice.

Really not certain if this qualifes for the thread or not. I'll leave that decision in the capable hands of the moderators. Please feel free to take it down if it's not what you'd intended.

With 1 exception, it's been 35 years since I was a gigging musician. That one exception was a reunion show I did this past September. Believe it or not, I'm still waiting on any copy of that video....coming by slow boat from China I think-LOL

Anyway, I do occasionally record clips of me playing live...in my basement. This is one of those from a couple weeks ago. I'm still playing around with a new hi-def camcorder, experimenting with various angles & such. This one's of drums.....wore my best drumming shorts too!-LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8WBwmnVuTY&hd=1

Tom

Enjoyed both Nige.....very cool! Good job with the vocal too.....I like your voice.

Really not certain if this qualifes for the thread or not. I'll leave that decision in the capable hands of the moderators. Please feel free to take it down if it's not what you'd intended.

Hi Tom - thanks for your kind words and no problem with your vid - nice drumming :D - Nige

Here’s a couple from my recent gig supporting Megson

And my co-write with Len, Piranha Lover – there’s a bit in the first part of the bridge where I tripped over a line and it sounds like I said something rude (my avatar pic is a clue ;) )

Nice one Nige, good to see you keeping the PL flame alive out there :)

May as well throw a video of me playing at World Cafe out there!

THere wass so much energy that night.

If you remember Steve Marriot and Humble Pie....

This was with Jim George on Vocals/guitar and Brad Hill on Drums

My link

May as well throw a video of me playing at World Cafe out there!

THere wass so much energy that night.

If you remember Steve Marriot and Humble Pie....

My link

Diggitt ! Im glad I checked you out ! You cats Rock !

Very enjoyable - nice one!

Hi all. I wanted to record an all-acoiustic video of a song I just finished (posted on the songwriters board). I also wanted to use my newest guitar, a Gibson J-45 Rosewood Vine. I'm not a performer, but wanted to challenge myself by doing this one! Thanks for watching:

Me and Andy (The Bass Bison) thought this one turned out well - pity the rest of the band weren't there !!!

Robby

This is from the Lone Star Uke Fest Open mic June 1, 2012

My song is at 2:37 on this clip:

And

is right at the start of this one.

Aloha!

The only known footage of The New Snowmen - hopefully more to come - I know you'll all be so pleased !!!

Me n my friend Joelle performing

a song i used to do in a band i was in in the early 2000s at Moseley Street Fair in Birmingham :)

Great stuff Steve - I really enjoyed that. I notice my old friend and former bandmate Bingo on the writer's credits :)

Cheers Nige..You used to play with the alluring Sarah Barrington aka "Bingo" in a band ?

Woh -small world man ! What band/when was it/how was it ?

Our band 'Special Needs' was going from 2000 -2004 till she got pregnant and we disbanded..

I've had the honour of seeing Special Needs live. I’ve known Sarah ever since the mid 90’s. The band connection is that a few of us started a covers band called The Prophets and Sarah sang with us for a few of the early gigs. - I've PM'd you with all the dirt ;)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor