The forums will look a little different following the upgrade - but further adjustments are being made.

Ensure you log in with your DISPLAY NAME (the name you are known by on the forum) 

See the post in General Conversation for more details

Welcome to Muse Songwriters Message Board

Register now to gain access to all of our features. 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Salley Gardens

Melody Feedback Forum

Welcome to the Melody Feedback Forum. The intent of this forum is to develop melody and music as it relates to Song.

Activities shall include (but are not limited to):

• Give/get feedback on raw melodies created to song structure
  • Discuss melody creation in relation to songwriting
  • Give/get feedback on arrangements
  • Give/get help on developing your own melody to existing lyrics
  • Post “backing tracks” consisting of chord changes and accompaniment... everything *but* the melody for the purpose of creating one against it
  • Melody competitions

Audio tracks can be posted anywhere that works for you. SoundCloud is an excellent option, as you can make comments directly in the sound file.

This is a new forum, and still under development. Participation is key to it success (and survival!). :)

Hi all

I am new tp this site and have started to post my lyrics on the lyrics page. Is there a place here that you can collaborate with others that can/will put a melody to your lyrics? That is what I am looking for so if anyone is interested in this type of partnership please send me a note. You can go on the lyrics page and see some of my samples to see if you would be interested. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you. Mike5877

Hi all

I am new tp this site and have started to post my lyrics on the lyrics page. Is there a place here that you can collaborate with others that can/will put a melody to your lyrics? That is what I am looking for so if anyone is interested in this type of partnership please send me a note. You can go on the lyrics page and see some of my samples to see if you would be interested. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you. Mike5877

Edit by moderator 11-24-11: Barry, your post regarding the above has been moved to the "Self-promotion" Forum. That is where people are free to offer their services for a fee. S.G.

Hi, if I wanted to post a SoundCloud recording that had me singing the melody for a song I was working on, would it be helpful to also post the notes of the melody in some form? I don't think I'd be able to post it in sheet music form, but would people who are critiquing want to have maybe the lyrics with the note letters below each word as a reference? Thank you!

Janice

Hi, if I wanted to post a SoundCloud recording that had me singing the melody for a song I was working on, would it be helpful to also post the notes of the melody in some form? I don't think I'd be able to post it in sheet music form, but would people who are critiquing want to have maybe the lyrics with the note letters below each word as a reference? Thank you!

Janice

Hi, Janice!

Notes aren't necessary, the sound file works just fine. Do you already have lyrics you're working with for the melody? Or are you working on the melody first?

Hi Salley! There's a song I'm working on that has lyrics already. I am trying to develop a melody for it. I hope to post it on the forum for critique after I go over my ideas with the person who wrote the lyrics. Thanks for your reply!

Janice :)