Open theme (which means there is no provided theme)
Standard rules apply (you can read them in full HERE) but, in short, they are:
- Send your lyric to me (jonie) by Private Message before the end of Saturday February 19, 2011
- You must have 25 posts to enter.
- Lyrics must not have been posted on the Muse as a lyric or a song.
When the contest closes, I will provide a list of the lyrics and instructions on how to submit scores
- If you enter, you must provide a score or your own lyric will be disqualified.
- Vote for all lyrics except your own on a scale of 1 to 10, whole numbers only (any decimal places or half scores will be rounded down).
- Your lyric gets the average score you gave the others.
- To Be eligible to vote/score in a Muses Muse Lyric contest if you are not a contestant, you must have been an active member for at least 30 days and have a minimum of 10 posts within the previous month. Posts are not restricted to the Lyrics Feedback forum.
- Scores must be in by the end of Friday, February 25, 2011.
- Winners will be announced on Saturday, February 26, 2011.
Finally, a request to all voters. Please score in keeping with the spirit of the contest. Your votes should reflect not only how you feel a lyric stands up against the competition but how it stands up on its own. In other words, it is not in keeping with the spirit of the contest to isolate a favorite lyric by scoring it very high while scoring all other entries lower than they may deserve. You can find a good guide to scoring HERE
Here is a list of the lyrics to be scored:
Safe and Sound
The Seasonís Air
Don't Deny It
A Two Dollar Tear
I've Lost My Way
Paint My Picture
Too Fine A Lady
Pick It Up and Start It Again
Cut and Run